Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Impossible To Play

PinkCocaine

Hmm, time to run Mercury naked to test.

Just did that. Wasn't too bad, aside from an incident where Ballistas had their way with me for 75 a pop... ouch for new Lokis I suppose.

Original problem probably stems from OP taking new player friend to higher level content in attempts to power level while not being adequately geared themself. Someone else took me to Pluto and carried my vanilla warframe to victory, so it's doable if the carry has the gear and the carried isn't being an idiot and buttcrawling on the ground for half the mission.

To make a game harder you should make the enemies smarter and not hit harder. Fighting a meat wall is tedious while fighting a smart enemy is hard.

This is pretty well put here, and i agree with the new players being put off by this hotfix.

On a different note:Shield's really need to be fixed in terms of armor, seeing as how Frosts rely completely on it for their tank role, and Fast deflection just doesn't cut it.

Edited by Ethasa

Is DE like trying to scare away new customers?

First they release the horribly designed new mod system at the exact same time as Steam release (lets face it, the old mod system worked fine, just needed some balancing)

Now they add back passive level progression (health/shields/energy) "Yay!" but right after that they make mobs hit so insanely hard it was pointless to even add passive progression again. "WTF?"

Though you still gain better xp/credits/mods for your time farming low level missions thx to the badly designed new mod system. *Yawn*

That's the problem. You got used to the game being easy and now a difficulty spike makes you think it is "impossible to play". It is not.

I think the op is more getting at it in terms of being obnoxiously hard to progress now, and that they feel content-locked and discriminated against in terms of ability.

Some content should require you to improve yourself in order to be tackled. If in a game you know for certain that you can beat every mission, where is the challenge, where is the thrill? In not knowing what blueprint the boss is going to drop as you farm them to oblivion?

I think some content should always pose a challenge to new players. If everything is obtained very easily, the value decreases.

I did not, however, level up a new warframe yet after these changes, so they may in fact have been unfair to new players doing the missions of their own level. They should tweak it, but later missions (Sedna, Ceres, Eris, Pluto) should remain a challenge, especially Eris and Pluto.

I also noticed some people said "I'm not underlevelled because I'm supercharged". I don't think it really counts. I don't think one should count like supercharging doubles your levels...

Edited by CaligoIllioneus

Some content should require you to improve yourself in order to be tackled. If in a game you know for certain that you can beat every mission, where is the challenge, where is the thrill? In not knowing what blueprint the boss is going to drop as you farm them to oblivion?

I think some content should always pose a challenge to new players. If everything is obtained very easily, the value decreases.

I did not, however, level up a new warframe yet after these changes, so they may in fact have been unfair to new players doing the missions of their own level. They should tweak it, but later missions (Sedna, Ceres, Eris, Pluto) should remain a challenge, especially Eris and Pluto.

I also noticed some people said "I'm not underlevelled because I'm supercharged". I don't think it really counts. I don't think one should count like supercharging doubles your levels...

What is wrong by doing both? why not have difficulty settings when you host a game so that casuals are content with what they have and so do hard core gamers.

People play games for different reasons. Your experience isnt more/less valuable than another and viceversa

What is wrong by doing both? why not have difficulty settings when you host a game so that casuals are content with what they have and so do hard core gamers.

People play games for different reasons. Your experience isnt more/less valuable than another and viceversa

As it is right now the difficulty settings are indirectly applied via planet difficulties.

Want a harder Corpus endless defense? Pluto - Outer Terminus. Easier? Venus - Kiliken. Easy boss fight? Mercury's your friend. Harder boss fight? Not staying in Mercury is your best bet.

Want to clear entire planetary systems to access more alerts? Regional chat is pretty useful if you can't solo those missions, and if the team can't beat it then chances are you'll fail the alerts that occur on that planet anyway.

I think the op is more getting at it in terms of being obnoxiously hard to progress now, and that they feel content-locked and discriminated against in terms of ability.

OP was attempting to powerlevel a friend who just started, and the selected content was too hard for that duo.

I have been checking out the Active Squad count for each planet between missions since the newest hotfix to pop in and help players unlock more of their maps, and aside from Pluto all the rest had 10~15 Active Squads listed. Starter/easier planets like Venus and Mercury had numbers going up to 20+. Pluto itself listed 5~10, which is a lot more than the usual 0 and occasional 1 that was predominant last week.

Edited by Cakes

For me and my buddy the game feels only slightly tougher, but we amassed a ton of mods while trying to get Redirection to drop for frames instead of sentinels. You just have to play a little smarter, or spend a little more credits on upgrading your equipped mods.

now with this change it will make the stealth and planification a must have instead of just rushing all the content XD

The games in general is not stealth friendly... Lets be honest here.

You pop round a corner and an enemy gets a slight glimpse of the end of yourr gun... Instead of investigating runs straight to the alarm...

OK, done solo Mercury with naked (no power, no mod) lv9 Mag and Braton/Lato/Skana prime (unmodded).

It's harder than before, definitely. However, you can die if you try to rush things and expose yourself to damage from group of enemies. It requires some planning and the pace of the game is slower than before. However, overall it feels better than stomping the entire level with OP frame in previous update. Should be no problem with group of 2-4.

However, it's easy to buff damage instead of change AI tactic. It's something I do not like in the design.

Sargus Ruk alert was done in a very normal with PUG group of 4. Rhino tank, Saryn use venom to deal DOT damage, while I played bow weilding Excal with 300/300. No problem beyond what one normally expects.

Sargus Ruk alert was done in a very normal with PUG group of 4. Rhino tank, Saryn use venom to deal DOT damage, while I played bow weilding Excal with 300/300. No problem beyond what one normally expects.

Try being a new player and trying that alert solo with a loki.... Had to use 2 revives lol.

I don't mind the difficulty being raised. My friends and I facerolled mercury, quickly started branching out across all of the systems, only had some trouble when we tried to do pluto with <10 hours of experience.

But I should probably say that I didn't notice any difference in the difficulty while playing earlier (my friends did mention that it seemed harder though, so I don't know why I didn't notice). New players shouldn't expect to be able to run the highest level difficulties, not without a very good team and a bit of luck, and it shouldn't be easy for vets either. At least now there seems to be a point to holding on to favored level 30 weapons and frames.

Edited by dunvi

I don't mind the difficulty being raised. My friends and I facerolled mercury, quickly started branching out across all of the systems, only had some trouble when we tried to do pluto with <10 hours of experience.

But I should probably say that I didn't notice any difference in the difficulty while playing earlier (my friends did mention that it seemed harder though, so I don't know why I didn't notice). New players shouldn't expect to be able to run the highest level difficulties, not without a very good team and a bit of luck, and it shouldn't be easy for vets either. At least now there seems to be a point to holding on to favored level 30 weapons and frames.

No granades for you here.

No granades for you here.

That's okay, my excalibur is a grenade - slash dash > radial javelin > radial javelin (I call it charge > nova > nova in my head, lol). :D

Seriously, this game went from easy to facepalm mindnumbingly easy with the levelling health and power, increasing the difficulty of the enemies was very much needed to give me any incentive to try and keep grinding out the mods. Not sure this game is going to last nearly as long as ME3 is for me, and not because it's too hard but quite the opposite, I wouldn't still be playing ME3 if bronze were the only difficulty.

That's okay, my excalibur is a grenade - slash dash > radial javelin > radial javelin (I call it charge > nova > nova in my head, lol). :D

Seriously, this game went from easy to facepalm mindnumbingly easy with the levelling health and power, increasing the difficulty of the enemies was very much needed to give me any incentive to try and keep grinding out the mods. Not sure this game is going to last nearly as long as ME3 is for me, and not because it's too hard but quite the opposite, I wouldn't still be playing ME3 if bronze were the only difficulty.

Shout "Vanguadium leviosa" when using super jump would be appropriate.

So you think your not underleveld just because your supercharged xD OMG

lol but wait until this player has to ( and its a given to level our characters we have to make new weaps and frames) make new gear, like its easy to run around with supercharged gear and be somewhat OP, but to level we have to keep making new gear. when that happens he will see the point.

and then I'll laugh

lol but wait until this player has to ( and its a given to level our characters we have to make new weaps and frames) make new gear, like its easy to run around with supercharged gear and be somewhat OP, but to level we have to keep making new gear. when that happens he will see the point.

and then I'll laugh

You do realise, even he is level 10, he has 20 energy point, and with frost's polarity, rank 6 shield and health mod will only take up 10 energy, and he still have 10 more enegy, that he can equip a frost globe and ulti.

Also, he can use high rank, high moded weapon that is not restricted to his warframe level; aswell as he have a buddy at his back.

Those of you only knows to smear other players, need to look at the fact.

Edit: Sorry, mean to quote the quoted.

Edited by JudgeN

You do realise, even he is level 10, he has 20 energy point, and with frost's polarity, rank 6 shield and health mod will only take up 10 energy, and he still have 10 more enegy, that he can equip a frost globe and ulti.

Also, he can use high rank, high moded weapon that is not restricted to his warframe level; aswell as he have a buddy at his back.

Those of you only knows to smear other players, need to look at the fact.

Edit: Sorry, mean to quote the quoted.

methinks you missed my point.