The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Two Things I Don't Like About Nekros

SoulDust

Both things are about terrify, his second skill. Although I like the skill as a whole and the concept behind it, I think it needs a couple changes. 

1. This skill, more often than not becomes an annoyance rather than helpful. When cast mobs literally just run for their lives and go hiding in some corner, and you're usually having to go find them.  A lot of the time it's hard to kill them before they're across the tile set idling in some corner.

I remember recommending this when nekros was underdevelopment : His second skill should strike fear into enemies so much that an x amount get frozen in fear, and the rest book it. As far as my experience goes , it's more "o shi- this guys scary, lets play hide n go seek"

2. Power-in-use. I'm not entirely sure why they made this skill so that you can't spam it. Considering it's like radial blind or something of that nature. Although it does make you have to use it wisely in missions, I had to throw fleeting expertise on it just to make it a reliable skill in defense missions. Which, wouldn't be a problem at all if it didn't affect S.O.D

Just my thoughts, obviously there's more important things to take care of. But it may be something to keep in mind.

Maybe have them run away from Nekros in a straight line, making them bumb into the first obstacle on their path and fall on the ground.

And yes, this skill should have been spammable as well, just like the Radial Blind.

- Soul Punch should automatically put the target in the queue for SotD whether they die or not, and prevent them from being overwriteable except by other Soul Punch targets (non-SP targets are overwritten first).

- Terrify needs to have its cooldown removed and its maximum target count removed.

- Desecrate... well, I hate it, and the devs were planning on replacing it entirely until the playerbase decided that it's great for Survival and is therefore perfectly fine for the rest of the game. If it's to stay, though, then enemies should have a 100% chance of producing a health orb and vanishing, then rolling for extra drops as normal. You should never have to Desecrate the same body twice.

- SotD needs to have a priority system. For example, common fodder units such as Volatile Runners should never overwrite less-common, powerful units such as Healers and Toxics.

Terrify is mainly used as a CC skill when reviving someone in the thick of things.

Notably, I have successfully used Terrify to clear the room and revive another player in T3 survival. Nekros is very flimsy and not using terrify before reviving someone is usually fatal past the 30 minutes mark on survival.

A desecrate build nekros with fleeting expertise has a short enough terrify duration to be useful.  It will clear a room and give time for a revive, and if you have an f-up in survival can actually cast it a few times sprinting to the exit.

SotD and Soul punch are neat but meh.  And just like most frames that have a couple abilities that don't get equipped those two I guess could use some help but, c'mon the whole point of Nekros is because the game is about farming and if you are farming then you want a max desecrate nekros in any mission you will have a lot of kills pile up.  MD, D and Survival.