Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Multishot Uses Extra Ammo?

Perky

Multishot should not mean fire rate. I max out multishot using all my credits, then the next patch makes fusion cores cheaper to use. I get my boltor high enough to use it, the next patch makes multishot a fire rate mod AND nerfs the boltor that I had just spent my newly farmed credits on. Let's not forget I just started my hunt for flow, and we all know how well that's going to go now.

*sigh* This patch is the first patch that has actually really made me not want to play :(

/rant

I'll copypaste what I put in another thread:

100% sure the ammo drain thing is not related to multishot, and it's probably the RoF compensation for framerate. I saw this happening earlier, and took off multishot, and it's double firing on occasion with or without multishot active. Seems to be really sensitive for slight framerate changes, but oh well, rips things apart when it fires all kinds of bullets into them.

Wouldn't make sense for multiple reasons - 1) I was firing single shots just to test it and it would take anywhere from 1-3 bullets and 2) I can't imagine that my beast of a computer would be suffering from too many framerate issues and 3) I've been running through ammo waaaay faster than normal. Could have something to do with the difficulty buff but my Fragor still seems to rip them to shreds the same so I'm not sure

i'm with skytt on this one.

self-quoting myself from another thread:

pretty sure it's because of this:

[size=3]- Fixed an issue with frame rate affecting automatic fire rate of some weapons[/size]

probably what happens is that your weapon actually still fires (thus spends ammo) even if it doesn't show on your screen because of the missing frames.

and along with that, probably also happens for any latency with the host, though i hope not.

this isn't about multishot, its the rof "fix" they put in. it doesn't matter whether you single click, if that click occurs on a frame skip then yes on a full-auto that is still considered clicking throughout the skipped frames.

mechanically, there isn't any waste, you spend your ammo as another shot go through even if you don't see them. which might confuse people with the multishot effect.