Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Play Warframe Without Steam?

Drejzer

Question

19 answers to this question

oh sorry I didn't notice XD

I'm a little blind, aren't I? >.<

. But in "Game" bar on the Main Page there is an option called "download the game" (or something like this) And it doesn't work...

Anyway, Thanks for help!

Edited by Drejzer

Occasionally, (like once every 2-3 months) Steam goes down and if your client isn't updated you can't even run in offline mode.  Those days suck.  lol.

u can still update warframe -  the launcher updates it not steam. 

just go to E:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Warframe\Tools  - or where ever u installed it on steam and start the Launcher.exe

u can still update warframe -  the launcher updates it not steam. 

just go to E:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Warframe\Tools  - or where ever u installed it on steam and start the Launcher.exe

No no...  I know you can still update Warframe.  i mean if you can't update the Steam client, it won't even let you go into offline mode of the steam client.  You can't even get into steam then.  I don't know how to launch my steam warframe without getting into the client.  I don't think it works.

No no...  I know you can still update Warframe.  i mean if you can't update the Steam client, it won't even let you go into offline mode of the steam client.  You can't even get into steam then.  I don't know how to launch my steam warframe without getting into the client.  I don't think it works.

If you can update Warframe, you can play it.   I play with Steam turned off all the time because the S#&amp;&#036;+Tab steam overlay gets in the way of whipping out my codex scanner.

Edited by Gelkor

Yeah guys I know what steam and warframe are.  In my first post of this thread I said that there are times when steam is down.  They got DDOS'ed a while back, not the same as the Warframe.com DDOS attacks.  Steam itself was down.

Now.  There's an offline mode where even if steam is down, but you have an internet connection still active you can still update Warframe, provided you can still launch it.

I know Warframe updates itself through the launcher.

What I meant to say is it sucks when Steam is down and you can't even launch steam to get to the warframe launcher.  Which is why there is "offline" mode in steam, BUT offline mode in steam won't activate if it's not fully updated.  Meaning you can't NOT play with steam for a couple of weeks and not update the steam client itself, and access offline mode.

I think you guys kindly for the "tech supportish" replies, but I don't need tech support.  I was simply commenting that it sucks when Steam itself is down which is pertinent to this thread.  lol.

To answer the OP, yes you can play warframe without steam.  Just install Warframe using the install file found on the Warframe.com website.

EDIT: I just followed the path that Ketec suggested above and yes I can get to the launcher that way.  Which is extremely helpful when steam won't run offline mode.  However, you have to identify the warframe steam install directory to the launcher, so it doensn't create a whole new cache folder.  Still it's very useful.  Thanks.

Edited by sushidubya