Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thought: Armor Changes?

Kanaris

I maxed steel on my excal, best thing I ever did. At the rate of shields dropping now you need a little extra protection and thats exactly what this does. I know health does not regen but when your shields drop the only thing protecting you is your armour. People underestimate its usefulness but for me it's a life saver.

Steel Fiber is only really useful on Frost and Rhino, who both have base armor of 150. It's useless for example on Ember, who has a base armor of 10.

To elaborate a +50% armor (for example) mod is going to boost Rhino from 150 to 225, but it's only going to boost Ember from 10 to 15. Or Ash from 50 to 75.

You're wasting a mod slot to effectively live about a milisecond longer.

Edited by Thirdstar

Steel Fiber is only really useful on Frost and Rhino, who both have base armor of 150. It's useless for example on Ember, who has a base armor of 10.

To elaborate a +50% armor (for example) mod is going to boost Rhino from 150 to 225, but it's only going to boost Ember from 10 to 15. Or Ash from 50 to 75.

You're wasting a mod slot to effectively live about a milisecond longer.

^ Yep.

So on about 90% of the frames it's useless. hehe.

(Though I personally don't use it on my Rhino or Frost, cause their base shields and health are already great and their base armor is already great and they have great defensive abilities to boot)

^ Yep.

So on about 90% of the frames it's useless. hehe.

(Though I personally don't use it on my Rhino or Frost, cause their base shields and health are already great and their base armor is already great and they have great defensive abilities to boot)

Quite true actually. I don't run the mod on my Rhino after I finally got my hands on Flow. More energy for Iron Skin is a vastly superior option to slightly more armor.

This why I generally like hard number increases instead of % based game. A hard +X to health/shields/armor/energy/damage would be far easier to balance over the long run.

There are only a few games where I appreciate a more complex system.... and I really don't want to play Space Accountants online while trying to be a Space Ninja.....

Okay being blunt. Only EVE-Online (a.k.a spreadsheets online) is the only game I've ever played that actually benefited from rather complex formulas. I think DE needs to take a bit and seriouslly think if they want to keep on this % of things path or go for hard values.

======

And as to the recent damage boost... Not liking it, not one bit. Would have been better to slightly drop the Health/Shield mods... Which if they had been hard values and not %s it would have been easier to do....

see... %s suck.

Edited by Brasten

Perhaps that's why they pumped up the damage level? To get more people to use Steel Fiber?

Reposting from another thread.

"The first 5 rounds out of Kril's Gorgon tore off my 410 shields (mission was iced up) and brought me down to half health before I 'oh S#&$' hit my Iron Skin. His Gorgon hadn't even spun up fully yet.

Two bursts from a Lancer also brought down all my shields. This can't be intended."

So yeah, 50% more armor is going to jack S#&$ versus that.

Sorry, don't mean to come off as rude though my text would seem to suggest that. Apologies if it seemed that way.

Edited by Thirdstar