The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino's Aura Polarity

(PSN)Hiero_Glyph

Question

So I have a question for the PC players who have update 13 already... is Rhino's default V aura polarity worth keeping?  I have purposely not forma'd it yet but would normally change to a - (dash) aura polarity as it is the most versatile overall.  Any feedback or experience on this would be greatly appreciated.

11 answers to this question

- or D hands down. - for Energy Siphon, Enemy Radar, or Corrosive Projection. D for Rejuv on tank builds.

CP is a MUCH larger damage increase than Steel Charge or Rifle Amp against armored enemies. ES allows for more use of channeled melee attacks, meaning about the same melee output, plus adds to survivability (energy for IS) and helps teammates who aren't meleeing. Enemy Radar is tactically very useful for the whole team on certain mission types/scenarios.

The Rejuv tank build is less ideal as it'll help teammates less, but you'll be a lot more durable. Basically its using Vital and Rage, so you always have energy to recast IS when taking damage, and rejuv will fill you back up. IMO its better to just use a - polarity and use a LS melee or drop health restores, but some people are lazy/cheap.

I've been personally dealing with that question for a very long time.  At one point energy siphon seems like the overall best default for all frames and wanting to put the -- polarity on all auras wouldn't be the worst move.  BUT for rhino the v really is nice.  Steel Charge gives two more points than Rifle Amp and Rifle amp can be very helpful.

HOWEVER, corrosive projection is also a -- polarity so for higher tier stuff that is very nice to have.

As of yet the only one i've changed to -- is Nekros, and Trinity is also on my list.  I would say for rhino it really is up to the person, BUT is also dependent on if you run with an organized group as stacking auras is way useful and having 2 rifle amps and 2 corrosive projections is very noticeable.  If you are the rifle amp person then why change?  Other frames benefit much more from Energy Siphon even though it is always useful.

out of curiosity, regarding forma'd warframe slots.

can you switch the aura slot with a forma'd slot? i know the option is available after you forma a slot but I keep forgetting to

check out the feature.

No, you can switch the polarized slots on the grid but cannot switch them with the aura slot.