Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warhounds Taking Baiting To The Next Level On Uranus

SolidSp33d

I'm a tactician from the Origin Protectorate, the alliance currently holding Ur, Uranus. We are in conflict right now again WarHounds, an alliance who is redefined the word scum in the Dark Sectors with their tactics.

Everyone should be familiar with the baiting tactics being used recently, which DE is yet to remedy. WarHounds is a prime offender. Almost all through out battle they have been baiting players with battle pay for small amounts of runs. They have had a history of this in their past battle as well.

Past WarHounds Chart:

http://deathsnacks.com/wf/bl_history.html#5348d33c07c56fd59b7b246e_1399130988

Current Battle Chart:

http://deathsnacks.com/wf/bl_history.html#5348d2d007c56fe9987b2437_1399290643|ongoing

Their behavior is absolutely ridiculous.

But wait, it gets worse.

According to one of our members, a member from Warhounds was running for our rail and bragging about taking our credits for their bait. I can't provide the concrete evidence for that. Bconsidering they didn't exactly have a large bank back in their past fight and they now suddenly put out 50k I think it is safe to say that is what they are doing. They are certainly dishonorable enough to do so. 

Now this just takes things too far. What are you supposed to do against someone baiting? especially if they can just do a few runs of your rail and bait even more. It's completely broken. From what I've heard and from what I can see SoV, of all rail owners, was just defeated by such tactics. The rail you all defended from eclipse was destroyed by this bs.

Chart from Battle at Sechura:

http://deathsnacks.com/wf/bl_history.html#5348d13606c56ff360394139_1399306872

DE what are you waiting for? When are you going to fix these disgusting tactics? How can you even let players owners of a rail run for the enemy and claim their pay? How long are you going to let people fall for these tricks?

And to the players, are you alright with this happening? Do you want to be used by a clan or alliance for 0 credits?

WTB: solar rail forum subsection where all these pointless ego/epeen threads can vanish into.

There should be a subsections for Dark Sector feedback, but regardless no need to be rude where someone is pointing out flaws in a system. Not growing an e-peen. Chill.

I am so tired of this S#&$. Seriously how can you call yourself a Tenno, a warrior of honor and justice, and pull this S#&$ against your peers. This just shows how terrible people can really be. This system was meant as a challenge to see who can fight with the most honor. Instead people have used this as a way to grow their own power, to gain money and steal what others have fought valiantly for. DE please heed these posts. And to all fellow Tenno, heed these posts as well. Do you really want to play a game where people cheat and steal from each other? I certainly do not, and this is the exact thing that will not only kill the community for this game, but will kill the game itself.

I'm a tactician from the Origin Protectorate, the alliance currently holding Ur, Uranus. We are in conflict right now again WarHounds, an alliance who is redefined the word scum in the Dark Sectors with their tactics.

Everyone should be familiar with the baiting tactics being used recently, which DE is yet to remedy. WarHounds is a prime offender. Almost all through out battle they have been baiting players with battle pay for small amounts of runs. They have had a history of this in their past battle as well.

Past WarHounds Chart:

http://deathsnacks.com/wf/bl_history.html#5348d33c07c56fd59b7b246e_1399130988

Current Battle Chart:

http://deathsnacks.com/wf/bl_history.html#5348d2d007c56fe9987b2437_1399290643|ongoing

Their behavior is absolutely ridiculous.

But wait, it gets worse.

According to one of our members, a member from Warhounds was running for our rail and bragging about taking our credits for their bait. I can't provide the concrete evidence for that. Bconsidering they didn't exactly have a large bank back in their past fight and they now suddenly put out 50k I think it is safe to say that is what they are doing. They are certainly dishonorable enough to do so. 

Now this just takes things too far. What are you supposed to do against someone baiting? especially if they can just do a few runs of your rail and bait even more. It's completely broken. From what I've heard and from what I can see SoV, of all rail owners, was just defeated by such tactics. The rail you all defended from eclipse was destroyed by this bs.

Chart from Battle at Sechura:

http://deathsnacks.com/wf/bl_history.html#5348d13606c56ff360394139_1399306872

DE what are you waiting for? When are you going to fix these disgusting tactics? How can you even let players owners of a rail run for the enemy and claim their pay? How long are you going to let people fall for these tricks?

And to the players, are you alright with this happening? Do you want to be used by a clan or alliance for 0 credits?

Sounds like valid strategy to me.

You guys are worse than warbros. It is hysterical.

Sounds like valid strategy to me.

You guys are worse than warbros. It is hysterical.

>valid strategy

>worse than warbros

Not only do I question your moral compass or sense of obviously broken systems, but I question your ability to make comparisons.

How did you get Warbros from this of all things?

Sounds more like they're just abusing a design flaw in the current battle pay system :|

They're players too, you do realize this right? They can run for who they want. Keep in mind, you can play the same game they play.

I think it it funny. It isn't like they're abusing a glitch to win, either.

>valid strategy

>worse than warbros

Not only do I question your moral compass or sense of obviously broken systems, but I question your ability to make comparisons.

How did you get Warbros from this of all things?

it is a valid comparison.

As soon as someone starts to lose, they start whining and moaning about how the other side is apparently cheating or abusing the system, yet you fail to even meet a challenge and adapt to their jolly good rabble rousing. It is just another thing for you to find a way to overcome, such as numbers in a clan competition during an event, etc.

Also, my moral compass is just fine, so rather than assault my ethics and personality, we should actually assault the statement or argument presented.

As soon as someone starts to lose, they start whining and moaning about how the other side is apparently cheating or abusing the system, yet you fail to even meet a challenge and adapt to their jolly good rabble rousing. It is just another thing for you to find a way to overcome, such as numbers in a clan competition during an event, etc.

Also, my moral compass is just fine, so rather than assault my ethics and personality, we should actually assault the statement or argument presented.

Ok I will assault the statement.

This is a PVE game and the system was intended for players to have another thing to do in the game and as a means for players to make money by running the rail battles. Fun and getting payed go out the window when you run this boring as F*** mission for what you think is going to 50k only to get absolutely nothing.

Not only that but if something is within the game code, but not intended, it is called an exploit; which many find to be on par with cheating. Are you saying that warhounds are not cheating/exploiting the game?

Edited by reltats

We've been in many a tough battle up to this point. Our battle with Blessed two conflicts ago was one of our toughest and we nearly lost. Did she us whining or anything did you? We don't whine about losing. We complain when we have to deal with a broken tactic. A tactic you can see the statistics behind. This isn't new on the forums and it's nothing made up. A broken tactic isn't just some "challenge." It's called broken for a reason. Dealing with it is difficulty beyond the realm of reasonable proportions to impossible.

Put up battle pay -> Enemy runs tower one or twice for some of it -> uses it for bait -> baits lots of people in for a high battle pay -> Barely any of those people get anything as they are used

this is anything but a tactic you're actually able to have counter play against. And it screws over and uses a bunch of people.

Actually looking at the chart it does seem that Warhounds have dropped more in BP than you have.

That's not what he was pointing out with those charts.

He was pointing how inconsistent they are in comparison to Origin.

They post large Battle pays for a handful of runs, tricking a large number of players into playing the mission, only for the first couple to recieve the battlepay. Then the battle pay drops to 0, which are all of those plateaus you see on the bottom chart.

That is baiting, and is pretty foul for a Tenno to do to another Tenno.

Actually looking at the chart it does seem that Warhounds have dropped more in BP than you have.

Look at the number of runs they put their stuff up for. There was only one fairly short instance where they were actually putting up high battle pay for a decent amount of runs. The inconsistency and manipulation at the expense of others is ridiculous.

Edited by SolidSp33d

Ok I will assault the statement.

This is a PVE game and the system was intended for players to have another thing to do in the game and as a means for players to make money by running the rail battles. Fun and getting payed go out the window when you run this boring as F*** mission for what you think is going to 50k only to get absolutely nothing.

Not only that but if something is within the game code, but not intended, it is called an exploit; which many find to be on par with cheating. Are you saying that warhounds are not cheating/exploiting the game?

I'd hardly call it an exploit, and people should be allowed to run it however they want. It is another way to win the competition without outright breaking the game, and perhaps, it could be integrated as another layer of non-grind roleplay to the game.

Also, despite the game being PVE, it is still fun to have competition, as the dark sectors appear to have clearly created. Some people find it fun to look for new ways to win and control the game. If you and your clan do not find it fun, perhaps you could drop out of the competition, or find a better way to approach the competition.

This is how we keep things changing without actually changing the game itself. It provides new and creative ways for people to show their skill and intelligence.

I think what they are mad about is that most of the money they dropped on it has been from themselves, rather than their own cash. ~Along with the fact they can bait tons of people in with high battle pay that may show up for a moment, but not be there the next, so only some people actually get paid, but this is a potential problem in all of the conflicts.

Edited by Landwalrus

We've been in many a tough battle up to this point. Our battle with Blessed two conflicts ago was one of our toughest and we nearly lost. Did she us whining or anything did you? We don't whine about losing. We complain when we have to deal with a broken tactic. A tactic you can see the statistics behind. This isn't new on the forums and it's nothing made up. A broken tactic isn't just some "challenge." It's called broken for a reason. Dealing with it is difficulty beyond the realm of reasonable proportions to impossible.

Put up battle pay -> Enemy runs tower one or twice for some of it -> uses it for bait -> baits lots of people in for a high battle pay -> Barely any of those people get anything as they are used

this is anything but a tactic you're actually able to have counter play against. And it screws over and uses a bunch of people.

There are of course parts of this DE should consider fixing, particularly the battle pay, but that is a problem on all ends. The baiting is something to be potentially remedied, but them using your money against you is perfectly fair play.

I'd hardly call it an exploit, and people should be allowed to run it however they want. It is another way to win the competition without outright breaking the game, and perhaps, it could be integrated as another layer of non-grind roleplay to the game.

Also, despite the game being PVE, it is still fun to have competition, as the dark sectors appear to have clearly created. Some people find it fun to look for new ways to win and control the game. If you and your clan do not find it fun, perhaps you could drop out of the competition, or find a better way to approach the competition.

This is how we keep things changing without actually changing the game itself. It provides new and creative ways for people to show their skill and intelligence.

-snip-

This isn't CoD or anything of the like where cut throat ways of winning are the norm. This is a game where the lore is all about Tenno Honor. And it hardly takes skill or intelligence to go HURR 50K for 5 players, and get 50 runs because of it. its an exploit through and through, from the in-game system to the players then exploit by making them think they are going to get a good pay

Geez, one correct observation sure can bait people...

That's not what he was pointing out with those charts.

He was pointing how inconsistent they are in comparison to Origin.

They post large Battle pays for a handful of runs, tricking a large number of players into playing the mission, only for the first couple to recieve the battlepay. Then the battle pay drops to 0, which are all of those plateaus you see on the bottom chart.

That is baiting, and is pretty foul for a Tenno to do to another Tenno.

Look at the number of runs they put their stuff up for. There was only one fairly short instance where they were actually putting up high battle pay for a decent amount of runs. The inconsistency and manipulation at the expense of others is ridiculous.

Im crunching the numbers as i write this. Ill post my findings when i find them.

This isn't CoD or anything of the like where cut throat ways of winning are the norm. This is a game where the lore is all about Tenno Honor. And it hardly takes skill or intelligence to go HURR 50K for 5 players, and get 50 runs because of it. its an exploit through and through, from the in-game system to the players then exploit by making them think they are going to get a good pay

Perhaps you should consider propagandizing this? Maybe not.

It doesn't matter if it isn't COD by the way, as you have chosen to compete in the glorious (or maybe not so glorious) competition for control of solar rails. If you aren't up for it, don't put in, yet you can at least try to out compete them. Find a way.

Warbros did it-  multiple times at that.