The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Why Are The Corpus Using Such A Stupid Failsafe For Their Oxium Drones?

Rettycombine

I mean really, come on Corpus, you have the most Orokin technology after the Tenno, but you really need to get a grip when the Grineer out of all factions made a better failsafe than you for their espionage drones,get the teleportation technology, the Tenno do not get the Oxium, and you can repair or scrap the broken drones.

Give Oxium Drone a Penta instead of its week puny little gun. Make it a nightmare, not a nuisance. You don't design weapons with the intention that they will be stolen, but that they will kill the enemy. Priority #1 of the Oxium Drone should be "Dead Tenno", not "Dead Drone". :/

"Hey boss, I'm working on a new, more powerful Osprey model using that new Oxium metal. But because Oxium is so expensive to produce, we need some kind of failsafe system to make it easily salvageable after a battle."

"The Grineer came up with a powerful cloaking device for their Regulator prototypes. With our technology, coming up with something like that shouldn't be too hard, right?"

"Nah, Too expensive to design. I figure a kamikaze reflex that activates as soon as its paint gets scuffed would be much cheaper."

"Yeah, you're right. Profit now is better than profit later, after all."

IT'S A CONSPIRACY

That would imply multiple parties collaborating. I think DE wants to put a harder limit on the amount of Oxium available for free. So the only source of drops has a kill switch that denies you the drop, and it's the most reasonably priced Market resource by far.

Taking it out of the drones would make the "free to play, you can get all content by playing (well three quarters of it, you weren't here in time for the rest)" spurious, but hey... it does drop inside the game.

That it's so very much faster to go Prime farming and sell them for platinum and buy 300 for 30 notwithstanding...