Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Controls Still Feel Vague And Sluggish

Qeveren

Sorry, but that's just how it feels to me. :)

It's little things that seem to add up to be really irritating. That half-second delay before you can actually start running (seriously, roll isn't that important!); your character deciding to roll around on the floor instead of jumping - I assume this has something to do with slight downward slopes making the game think your character is falling; your character deciding to not bother jumping at all - I get this one a lot near stairs; held inputs being ignored after something interrupts you, particularly run or zoom.

They're all niggling little things, but man do I end up grinding my teeth a lot. I daresay I'm still having fun in Warframe, don't get me wrong. I think it just needs to feel a bit... snappier, I guess? I never quite feel like I'm fully in control of what my Tenno is doing. :)

Yeah, the movement code is still pretty rough. One specific instance where the game will ignore the sprint key that I've been able to figure out is if you hold the sprint key while getting up from a slide. I also consistently get stuck sprinting after doing a slide melee spin attack. Then I have to hold the sprint key and release it to stop sprinting, but if I get too hasty I roll instead and argh just recognize whether the key is held down or not! :b