Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Now I Know What A God Feels Like

Akateko

So last night i decided to run a solo corpus sabotage mission, in the beginning things whent just fine. Then after i had destroyed the reactor it was like i had poked a hornets nest, i messed up and got klilled by two of those guys with clubs.

Then i ran away a bit to not get swamped by walkers and a bunch of other corpus guys, totally forgot to check for cameras and ran headlong into a laser grid.

Having bad health i died again, upon regenerating the walkers and their friends had cought up so i tried to make a running fight of it. And ran right into another group, by now i had no rifle ammo and my pistol was low.

So after hiding out to regen shields, i said to myself "F this, i am not going to go out quietly".

I ran out of hiding took a few shots with my pistol and then started using my swords, i ran around slashing making use of walls, boxes and god knows what.

Using my pistol to take out those drone things and slashing around even more, it felt like i was taking on an army of thousands of corpus.

(I am quite sure it was only something like 12 :) )

When it was all over, i felt awsome. And quite sure that if i had recorded it, Tarantino would have called and asked if he could use it for his next movie.

I can't remember the last time i had such fun with swords in a game, so yeah the thread title is how i felt as i stood amongst the smoking dead..

Oh and a thank you to the creators, i'd give you a high five if i could..

For me, it was when I was on Tolstoj getting the last few creds for my new Frame.

I have a Lex, and I just kept on aiming and walking forward, blowing the heads off of anyone who came near. One Sawmen ran right up, and I just waited till he was right up to me and...

BOOM! Brains all over the ground.

Had actually just come back from a Hyena run and really needed a pick me up. I can't even touch his health.

So last night i decided to run a solo corpus sabotage mission, in the beginning things whent just fine. Then after i had destroyed the reactor it was like i had poked a hornets nest, i messed up and got klilled by two of those guys with clubs.

Then i ran away a bit to not get swamped by walkers and a bunch of other corpus guys, totally forgot to check for cameras and ran headlong into a laser grid.

Having bad health i died again, upon regenerating the walkers and their friends had cought up so i tried to make a running fight of it. And ran right into another group, by now i had no rifle ammo and my pistol was low.

So after hiding out to regen shields, i said to myself "F this, i am not going to go out quietly".

I ran out of hiding took a few shots with my pistol and then started using my swords, i ran around slashing making use of walls, boxes and god knows what.

Using my pistol to take out those drone things and slashing around even more, it felt like i was taking on an army of thousands of corpus.

(I am quite sure it was only something like 12 :) )

When it was all over, i felt awsome. And quite sure that if i had recorded it, Tarantino would have called and asked if he could use it for his next movie.

I can't remember the last time i had such fun with swords in a game, so yeah the thread title is how i felt as i stood amongst the smoking dead..

Oh and a thank you to the creators, i'd give you a high five if i could..

That is absolutely the feeling want had, and we want with warframe.

Fighting off a mass of infested, with nothing but a giant hammer, and a shotgun.

More badass than anything I can think of. If they stayed there, the pile of bodies would be as high as the roof.

AND I WOULD BE STANDING ON TOP OF IT

I would have loved to see that, it would have been an awsome screen shot :)

I did something similar on my first mission on Pluto, Corpus mission, extermination. Self decision to not use any skills at all, to see if this harder content can be beaten by any warframe (playing Nyx, so yeah Chaos / Mind control etc). It took me 40 minutes to complete the mission, with couple hot spots. I was literally living by the sound of the game (to hear voices, foot steps, moa specific sounds etc, especially for direction of sound), peaking on every corner, always paning camera constantly to check behind for enemies (before and during engagements both), trying to make every shot count (using a Lantron), and what can I say, it was the most pleasent experience I had with Warframe. Dmg wise was 3-5 shots to kill hitting weak spots (sometimes 1 hit wonder crits happen), and same for melee attacks 1-3 charged for a crewman, 1-2 for moa's.

It's important to use a specific element to which a faction is weak to have the advantage (plus side effects). My kill ratio varies 60%-40% between ranged weapons and melee on any map.

I truly believe this is what Warframe is about, and not loot loot loot and more loot. The feeling, the atmosphere, the immersion in each missions, the way you use skills / weapons / terrain to your advantage etc.

PS: If you play Nyx and got used to Chaos / Mind Control on Ancient Poison to not apply the poison effect until death, you are in for a big surprise with 7.7. Poison effects will apply during confusion / mind control, so if you can't dispatch it in melee fast, don't try, just shoot it! :)