Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 13.2.3

[DE]Rebecca

Before I write an angry post that makes me look stupid, I'd hope somebody could clarify this for me:
1) Were we told beforehand that any uncrafted "arcane" helmet BPs would be removed from our inventories with this update?

and

2) Are arcane helmets now tradable, and were we told this was going to happen beforehand?

I had a bunch of extra copies of BPs that I didn't build, but now they are gone from my inventory and if seems like they might have been worth good plat in the trade market in the future if they are in fact now tradable.  So if these changes were indeed blindsides and not just me not paying attention properly, then I'm sort of annoyed right now.

Going to keep suggesting ways for helmet stat boosts to be avilable for everyone, because what you have done now is made the imbance worse by keeping the stats while at the same time preventing new players from getting them reliably to "catch up" with the players that do have these stat boosts. This issue isn't solved, DE. Equality and consistency are qualities you never seem to value that high.

Perhaps it is. But even still the point stands that this is a bandaid applied on wet skin. It will not stick and will not prevent infection, as the original goal was for it. This is hot, but its certainly not a fix for anything, except maybe their wallets for all the people buying platinum to buy stat helmets before they were removed. The fact they left them in means they have no intention of fixing the underlying 'balance' issue. Even as somebody who has the stat helmets for all the frames they're worth having on, I am not pleased at all with this change. I hate elitism and I hate exclusivity in all forms.

I really hope this blows up in DE's face, because they need to realize the mistake they've made. A 13.2.4 in the next hour or so could really save them some face.

Who elected you the rep of the 7million + registered Tenno.. Most people honestly didn't even know they were going to be tradeable.. This sounds like a one man war, with the worlds smallest violin. " i hate exclusivity in all forms"/"I hope this blows up in DE's face"

Sounds like you should go somewhere, where everything is controlled, and metered out evenly.. Where no man, or woman, has a hope of achieving something that no one else can do. Somewhere very grey.. 

To anyone complaining that the stat helms won't be available for them anymore.. You should know that most people have never been fans of the give/take stats on them, and this has been an issue for mooonths.

I am a special little snowflake and I can only be so with exclusive unobtainium.

Exclusivity need not pertain to items, but rather to a person, their playstyle and their tactfulness.

If a true issue is balance, then keeping stat helms as unobtainium is not a fix. The underlying issue will remain balance.

If a true issue was cosmetics, then they should have simply made a toggle in the appearance menu.

So are we getting a real update tonight? Hotfixes are nice and all (well, except when they remove options like this one did, but I guess I'll enjoy peddling my Arcane's in a month or so when I can make 1k plat off them apiece), but is there going to be an actual addition to the game tonight?

I don't know why everyone is complaining about it not being fair to new people. I've played a lot of missions (almost rank 13) and am yet to see a player controlled tenno fighting against me. This is not a PvP game outside of duels and Conclave. So the helm advantage for veterans does not affect new players at all. None of the helm stats are game breaking or bestow a unique ability, there are mods that can accomplish all the same effects.

DE, thanks for the hotfix. You did the right thing on the helmets.

ok. i'll try one last time.QVgzYUH.png?1?8727

as you can see - i'm not aiming at moa's head. but red dots shows where bullet has landed (little bit above). and that is head hunter achivement in progres (only in polish - sorry). Misaligned croshair still bothers me. Could you be so kind and fix this?

I don't know why everyone is complaining about it not being fair to new people. I've played a lot of missions (almost rank 13) and am yet to see a player controlled tenno fighting against me. This is not a PvP game outside of duels and Conclave. So the helm advantage for veterans does not affect new players at all. None of the helm stats are game breaking or bestow a unique ability, there are mods that can accomplish all the same effects.

It's not fair because now older players can enjoy a marked statistical advantage over the new, that the new literally now can not obtain. Just how it's unfair all those event weapons/special whatevers are no longer available either.

"But but muh exclusives!" or "But but they should have been playing then!" and especially "But but they should have just bought them before the removal" are not excuses, or shields to hide behind. The simple fact is, everything should be available, and helmets should be an all or nothing. Now it just creates a further dichotomy between older and newer players.

Exclusive cosmetic only items are one thing. Exclusive functional items are another.

Lowered resource costs for Specters and Specter Armies.

Translation:

Cosmic Specter: 1,000 Circuits, 2,500 Plastids, 5,000 Nano Spores, 1 Gallium, 100,000 Credits

Force Specter: 1,000 Polymer Bundle, 1,000 Plastids, 1,000 Alloy Plate, 1,000 Circuits, 100,000 Credits

Phase Specter: 750 Polymer Bundle, 5,000 Nano Spores, 5,000 Salvage, 1,000 Alloy Plate, 75,000 Credits

Vapor Specter: 5,000 Nano Spores, 5,000 Salvage, 5,000 Ferrite, 50,000 Credits

There goes any hope of these actually being commonly used gear items...