Sign in to follow this  
[DE]Rebecca

Hotfix 13.2.3

Love-and-Other-Drugs.gif Well super fast rhino was fun while it lasted

If you still have the helmet, you keep with a super fast rhino..only brandnew helmets are statless..

• Upvote 1

DE, I sincerely hope you revert this change, as this bandaid does not help or satiate anybody. All you needed to do was add a toggle button for stat or statless on the appearance page. Thats it.

If the underlying issue of stat helmets is balance, then all you have introduced is elitism for 'veteran' players rather than fixed the actual issue. You have infact made the issue worse than it was before.

• Upvote 14

Still hoping for Stat Mod slot... want to have Vanguard stats but show my Rhino Prime helm...

Question: Will will be able to have both an Arcane Helmet and a Statless Helmet crafted and available? I don't necessarily want to overwrite my crafted helms, and would not mind at all crafting a second statless version... that is, taking into consideration that the far better idea of a Stat Mod is not going to be implemented... ;-)

+1

Also: I do not understand very well this change on helmets: now they are purely cosmetic, right? (not the arcanes) There is no way to have stats on new helmets, right? Also, why if I buy a helmet bp, i read "Arcane helmet required for the build" ?

Thanks!

good fixes, but still waiting a fix for the revive bug (cannot move or shoot).

• Upvote 1

...I can Finally use the Locust helmet without it making Ash crap...THANK YOU DE

Or Meridian on Trinity.

I'm afraid that I don't understand the rationale behind the removal of the "arcane" helmet type (nor am I very happy with it).  Could someone please explain it to me?

You deleted all Bp we have? why? at least you could give us something for those bps, they weren't easy to get..

• Upvote 2

Or Meridian on Trinity.

Or vanguard on rhino. Oh wait-

Spectre craft credit price increased?

DE, I sincerely hope you revert this change, as this bandaid does not help or satiate anybody. All you needed to do was add a toggle button for stat or statless on the appearance page. Thats it.

If the underlying issue of stat helmets is balance, then all you have introduced is elitism for 'veteran' players rather than fixed the actual issue. You have infact made the issue worse than it was before.

Elitism for Veteran players..

Isn't that a bit redundant?

• Upvote 3

Would be nice to have my bps back.. I planned on crafting some of those..

My son did the Vanguard helm alert the other day, even though he hasn't built Rhino yet. So now he ran the alert for nothing?

Edited by Gurzil

This is a pretty substantial hotfix: does this mean that there will be no 13.3 (and thus no tenno reinforcements today)?

Elitism for Veteran players..

Isn't that a bit redundant?

Perhaps it is. But even still the point stands that this is a bandaid applied on wet skin. It will not stick and will not prevent infection, as the original goal was for it. This is hot, but its certainly not a fix for anything, except maybe their wallets for all the people buying platinum to buy stat helmets before they were removed. The fact they left them in means they have no intention of fixing the underlying 'balance' issue. Even as somebody who has the stat helmets for all the frames they're worth having on, I am not pleased at all with this change. I hate elitism and I hate exclusivity in all forms.

I really hope this blows up in DE's face, because they need to realize the mistake they've made. A 13.2.4 in the next hour or so could really save them some face.

Edited by Arblarg
  • Upvote 4

Crafting cost on cosmic spector is still kind of silly for a one time use item.

• Upvote 5

can you explain me now how can i get for example thrak helmet for the rhino???? on foundry to craft the "new" thrak is necessary the "old" with stats... has a sense? i don't have the old thrak..so?

Would be nice to have my bps back.. I planned on crafting some of those..

My son did the Vanguard helm alert the other day, even though he hasn't built Rhino yet. So now he ran the alert for nothing?

You lost your BP's?

I still have my 60-70 arcane BP's.

EDIT:

Did you check under Inventory -> Appearance?

The helmet BP won't show up in your foundry if you already have one crafted.

Edited by KingTaro
  • Upvote 2

• While the possible options to execute on this change were many, we do not feel comfortable removing the stats outright from gear players have spent hours and hours waiting for via alerts or spent Platinum on.

I'm sure a lot of people will rage and rage, but you did the right thing, DE.  Thank you.

• Upvote 1

You deleted all Bp we have? why? at least you could give us something for those bps, they weren't easy to get..

I take back...

It´s a bug like we had some time ago, we have those helmets, they are just not showing up in the foundry..figured it out after making the oryx helm alert..

• Upvote 2

Hotfix 13.2.3

News:

• Helmets with stat modifications have now been removed from the Market/Alert Cycle. Previously crafted or purchased Helmets with stats have been grandfathered in and will not be affected by this change. Additional Stat-to-Stateless Helmet recipes have been added to the Market for individuals wishing to change their current stat modifying helmets to purely cosmetic versions. To coincide with this change, the ability to trade Helmets has been added into the game as well. While the possible options to execute on this change were many, we do not feel comfortable removing the stats outright from gear players have spent hours and hours waiting for via alerts or spent Platinum on. The agency is in the players hand to remove the stats, and we will monitor to decide if further steps need to be taken.

"We're changing helmets so that the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. We could've gone with a better solution based on community feedback from numerous players, but they were too much work. So, enjoy unnecessarily spending platinum!"

Edit: "The agency is in the players hand to remove the stats, and we will monitor to decide if further steps need to be taken." So why did this change happen in the first place?

On a not-so-critical note, energy colors/syandanas are (kind of) fixed. Yay?

Edited by Ailith
  • Upvote 5