Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 13.2.3

[DE]Rebecca

this is unfair to new players, plus now the arcane helmets will be traded for a fuckload of platinums for a  while cause there are a limited amounth of those, this isn't fixing this is breaking

Edited by RandomRambo

People, calm down about the stat helms... If you are happy their gone then... "Hey, I just joined and that Proto-Excal skin is awesome! Bring it back naow!"... See the problem there? If your upset about them being gone then... "Hey, I hold the world record for longest freefall in the world! You want to share the spot with me?"... See the problem there? In both cases, theres good and bad. With stats being removed, it means it offers something unique that others wont get. While this MAY pose a problem for PvP or Specters, those can be fixed by disallowing stat mods in these things. The downside of course being newer players wont get the experience these things and think Rhino is slow as dirt or such.

Remember, there are TONS of special things in this game, alot of which ARE design oriented (You know, Design Council?) and these things will never be experienced by myself or anyone else post-Alpha or post-U5 or such. Trust me, the stat helms are the LEAST concerning thing I have, Im more worried about... Getting revived then instantly stuck and rendered useless, or the baydoors being locked down in a defense mission (Happened to me on Xini, luckily I had an AoE to kill past the doors), or how about not being able to progress though a door (You know, door opens but an invisible wall prevents you from going though? Happened to me on the Tyl Alert a few days ago). Removing stated helms wont bring balance, thats true, it wont bring customization freedom, thats also true, but this is just a SMALL drop in the ocean (Or rather a small star in the galaxy?) and Im not worried about it right now. In due time, well get on our starships and cross the that moon when we get there, then we can decide rather or not removing these stats were good or bad, but for now, lets focus on whats important and gamebreaking, like getting stuck after revive (Hey, maybe we can have a /stuck command thatll kill us and allow us to revive for free?).

Translation:

Cosmic Specter: 1,000 Circuits, 2,500 Plastids, 5,000 Nano Spores, 1 Gallium, 100,000 Credits

Force Specter: 1,000 Polymer Bundle, 1,000 Plastids, 1,000 Alloy Plate, 1,000 Circuits, 100,000 Credits

Phase Specter: 750 Polymer Bundle, 5,000 Nano Spores, 5,000 Salvage, 1,000 Alloy Plate, 75,000 Credits

Vapor Specter: 5,000 Nano Spores, 5,000 Salvage, 5,000 Ferrite, 50,000 Credits

There goes any hope of these actually being commonly used gear items...

yea i was wondering about the price increase when everyting was supposed to be lowered. Im still not going to build at those prices, i dont need an AI that bad. especially being one time use

Regardless of the problem beeing cosmetic or unbalanced stats or whatever it is the problem.
Some one said something about putting the stats of helmets as a menu option or so.
I have to agree with that person, some of the new players might still want to use the stats, be it only for pve or not.
There can be many ways to do it, but i can only think of one.
It is to put a option to pick the stats you want(regardless of cosmetic helmet) under the helmet option in the appearance menu.
That or completly remove/replace helmets with stats. (like no arcane helms for everyone)

Im neutral about this, but i still understand what point the complaining people are going at.

And STILL no fix to the "Getting killed with a knockback attack makes you unable to shoot or move when rezzed by teammate, and if you Revive you fall through the map".

C'mon, DE... could you please fix this sometime soon?

I wonder if it's possible to release a bundle pack for all the alternate helms that used to have stats. Like so we wouldn't have to kill the ones with stats inorder to get the ones without the stats?

Or am I being too selfish? OR the price of my selfishness will be something like the bundle pack costing like an arm and a leg of plats?

Still no fix for the damage dealt screen after a mission.  :-(

Also, I'm just expressing my opinion, but I don't think that cosmetic things like helmets, colors, suits, etc. should require platinum, they should be credits.  This "free to play" game is costing me lots of money.