Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Character Personalization :)

Stratto

Hey there, browsing through the forums I don't see much mention of two things:

ONE: Non specific gender suits male/female option. Unless the idea of this game is to play AS a character from a roster; i.e street fighter, I feel players should have a choice between a male and a female version of the suits. -I don't make this statement lightly, I think the suits are beautiful in a very unique way and I understand the work that would have to go in to making this happen. -AGAIN this is only if the devs don't want this to be a "choose a character type game"

I'm fully aware of how customizable the suits (with mods)are AND I LOVE IT, NEVER CHANGE THAT. Seriously, awesome.

TWO: I'm sure you all have heard of Eve online by now. At the beginning when you make your character it has the most intensive character creation I have EVER seen! But you never really see you character again.... Anyways the point is: In Dark Sector you can see Tenno's face until combat time and he gets the full suit, now correct me if I'm wrong but the premise of this game is that you are a "Tenno" waking up from a LONG slumber; and the suits are suits, not other individuals, amirite? So I think it would allow players to feel more like an individual if they could at least select gender, and have some face options, some flowing ninja hair... what have you.

All this said, this is on the premise of the player being ONE character with multiple suits. To me, I think this would be a much more immersive for players. To feel as though you are mastering the virus much like Tenno did...

Just some food for thought ^.^

Hey there, browsing through the forums I don't see much mention of two things:

Just because you can't see it, doesn't means it isn't there. There have been countless debates/arguments on why we should/shouldn't have gender customisation.

You should read the forums for more than 5 minutes before saying that there isn't much mention of those 2 things.

So I think it would allow players to feel more like an individual if they could at least select gender, and have some face options, some flowing ninja hair... what have you.

All this said, this is on the premise of the player being ONE character with multiple suits

For now atleast, the lore is limited, we don't know if we are really human, we don't know what hides behind the frame. Maybe in the future when the devs decided on what the hell we are, maybe then we will get the options.

I don't want to see such things, I'm against your idea. I'm not against warframe customisation, I'm against seeing the faces of those under the frames. In my opinion it would ruin the style of the game too much. If I want to see people in armors I'll go play mass effect. I for one don't need face customisation because I don't want to see their faces in the first place.

As I said, these are my preferences.

Edited by Kohira

For now atleast, the lore is limited, we don't know if we are really human, we don't know what hides behind the frame. Maybe in the future when the devs decided on what the hell we are, maybe then we will get the options.

I don't want to see such things, I'm against your idea. I'm not against warframe customisation, I'm against seeing the faces of those under the frames. In my opinion it would ruin the style of the game too much. If I want to see people in armors I'll go play mass effect. I for one don't need face customisation because I don't want to see their faces in the first place.

As I said, these are my preferences.

It's totally a personal choice, the idea being there is a choice to begin with. Giving players more option other than a different hair style might coax them into splooging on some nice shoulders/chestpiece/etc and what now. I bring up the face because, well I would rather enjoy watching the warframe wrap up my face like in Dark Sector. I love the mystique behind NOT seeing faces, but if that's the case then allow us to at least personalize the mask as if it WERE our face. It's just natural for people to want to look unique.

allow us to at least personalize the mask as if it WERE our face. It's just natural for people to want to look unique.

I agree with you on this, I too want as much customisation as possible for our warframes, to get an unique look, I just hope we won't be charged for it(something that will most likely happen).

Edited by Kohira

Agreed; gender customisation should happen. I'd rather not see the faces of the Tenno, either, but a degree of armour customisation would be cool. I don't mind if they charge for it, really - Warframe needs to support itself somehow, but some options should probably be free, at least. I dunno.

I do agree with gender customisation but there do are valid points pertaining the unknown of what the tenno really are and for all we know, Earth (thus humans) are the antagonists here so it's likelly that the tenno aren't even human to beggin with. The fact that they hint that the suits can be either male or female and that you can slip into either already leaves a lot of room for thought as to what you may really look like but if you look at certain warframes, take ember as an example. The lower parts of the legs are really really skinny and the feet. Gods that can't even be armor around a foot at all, it's just too small. Either as a race they are shapeshifters or they are some higher live form with no body that uses the warframes to interact with the world, heck, they may just be brains in a bottle switching from warframe to warframe.

So there is no real explanaition yet as to why there is no customisation of male and female and how you can just slip into both kinds of armor, but I definitly agree with more customisation.

We are all shooting in the dark when it comes to justifying why things are the way the are lore-wise. Looking at the game objectively, and putting the pieces of the lore together that ARE there, it seems to me that the Tenno are humans that were infected with the virus; and due to the unending numbers and technology of the Grineer they were forced into hiding. Each suit has some inhuman characteristics, but they all center around the human form, so to me this is the hint that they are human; or at least used to be. The fact that Lotus' lower half of her face is human kinda points in that direction. The virus drastically changes anatomy, so what's to stop it from changing the feet? Just look how deformed the infected are.

I think if the customization of looks matched the customization of mods this game would have a huge podium on which to shout to the world: "COME AT ME BRO"