Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Players And Their Topics On Forums Make Me Wanna Rofl So Bad Right Now

Kabeta

It's so damn funny. Everybody was complaining for ages. It's so damn hard to get a sheild and health mod. I grinded for hours and hours and hours and still nothing. Then you guys tend to bring up an idea for passive upgrades and such to gain so much sheilds and health between lev's. So the DE's and staff listened to this. Spent probably numerous hours fixing this issue and granting a whole new part into this game they created. Just to hear you guys now say, nerf or rebalance the health and sheild passive upgrade's. ROFL. Wow. WTF is wrong with you lol. You asked for it and you gotten it. Now you want to take it back. Well then enough with the suggestion stuff on these threads. Your part of the reason why it was placed in here in the game. You couldn't get the health and sheild mods that easily so they granted you them on your warframes as your lev progresses. Damn, guess you don't realize for the players that didn't have or gotten super unlucky from the start of update7 to get these 2 ultra seeked out mods to get their gear back to where it was before update7 saved them numerous hours to find them, so now they will have more than ample amount of time to grind mods for other things. Hell why complain now in update7 over passive upgrades. In update6 we could have our sheild way over 1k+ and now with the passive it still doesnt reach over that, so why complain. Damn it is giving you the option and more options to grant you 2 possible mod slot attributes. All I can say is its funny as hell looking through these threads everyday.

Edited by Kabeta

First we must assume that the players who asked for the passives are not the same that are asking for the nerf and second, those people calling the nerf bat, they don't even know what they are talking about. Do they really think that we got more shield, health and energy for free? Hell no, they made the enemy stronger as well, in the end the beneficts weren't that great, of course, people who already have well upgraded stuff like me and many other don't even notice it this much but really, it wasnt like they were having problems before and now, well they are pretty much on the same situation. I'd rather call it a change in the numbers, not in the general picture.

Yeah, I went to Sedna last night in a squad of 4 players and despite having a lvl 30 excaliber prime frame with a vitality mod that's ranked up two times, I felt like I was in one of those random cryo failure missions where your shields are half strength. Still trying to find one of those shield capacity mods as well.

The worst part about it all is the entitlement and overreaction.

1.) Nothing here is yours. It is all virtual. Except for Platinum, that hasn't been touched. Relax. No one stabbed your puppy.

2.) U5 wasn't the end of development. We don't have 27,000 (no typo) shields anymore. We don't have 30 points and 30 options anymore. U6 wasn't the end of development. We don't have cummulative multishot up to 600% anymore. We don't have 750 armour, taking 1 damage per hit anymore. U7 is also not the end of development.

Write concise, thought-out feedback. Explain why what is how. Explain how what should be and why.

DE is a bunch of friendly, cheerful Canadians. They listen intently, they care about their players, they are good people with a vision and a dream. Ruin this for us and I will find and stab you. Here you have a dev team churning out new tilesets at a 45 day rate, constantly adding items and nifty things, expanding the enemy repository on a regular basis, and you mouth off like they just placed a burning newspaper full of poop on your porch. These guys are working hard, deep into the night, long hours every day. Many DE employees moved their social life into the office, they go for lunch in the inhouse cafeteria where they have three tables. Three long tables. No seperation, all teamwork spirit. Nerfguns to fight out arguments.

These guys are awesome.

Now don't mess this up, don't burn these guys out by being entitled pouting babies. Work with us here, and you'll get a great game - but the constant nagging and negativity will wear even on cuddly Canadians.

[size=2]("You" is a generalized term, not the OP. If you feel addressed by "you", then please consider yourself caught.)[/size]

The worst part about it all is the entitlement and overreaction.

1.) Nothing here is yours. It is all virtual. Except for Platinum, that hasn't been touched. Relax. No one stabbed your puppy.

2.) U5 wasn't the end of development. We don't have 27,000 (no typo) shields anymore. We don't have 30 points and 30 options anymore. U6 wasn't the end of development. We don't have cummulative multishot up to 600% anymore. We don't have 750 armour, taking 1 damage per hit anymore. U7 is also not the end of development.

Write concise, thought-out feedback. Explain why what is how. Explain how what should be and why.

DE is a bunch of friendly, cheerful Canadians. They listen intently, they care about their players, they are good people with a vision and a dream. Ruin this for us and I will find and stab you. Here you have a dev team churning out new tilesets at a 45 day rate, constantly adding items and nifty things, expanding the enemy repository on a regular basis, and you mouth off like they just placed a burning newspaper full of poop on your porch. These guys are working hard, deep into the night, long hours every day. Many DE employees moved their social life into the office, they go for lunch in the inhouse cafeteria where they have three tables. Three long tables. No seperation, all teamwork spirit. Nerfguns to fight out arguments.

These guys are awesome.

Now don't mess this up, don't burn these guys out by being entitled pouting babies. Work with us here, and you'll get a great game - but the constant nagging and negativity will wear even on cuddly Canadians.

[size=2]("You" is a generalized term, not the OP. If you feel addressed by "you", then please consider yourself caught.)[/size]

+1 DE crew is the best in all the games i have seen so far.

It's so damn funny. Everybody was complaining for ages. It's so damn hard to get a sheild and health mod. I grinded for hours and hours and hours and still nothing. Then you guys tend to bring up an idea for passive upgrades and such to gain so much sheilds and health between lev's. So the DE's and staff listened to this. Spent probably numerous hours fixing this issue and granting a whole new part into this game they created. Just to hear you guys now say, nerf or rebalance the health and sheild passive upgrade's. ROFL. Wow. WTF is wrong with you lol. You asked for it and you gotten it. Now you want to take it back. Well then enough with the suggestion stuff on these threads. Your part of the reason why it was placed in here in the game. You couldn't get the health and sheild mods that easily so they granted you them on your warframes as your lev progresses. Damn, guess you don't realize for the players that didn't have or gotten super unlucky from the start of update7 to get these 2 ultra seeked out mods to get their gear back to where it was before update7 saved them numerous hours to find them, so now they will have more than ample amount of time to grind mods for other things. Hell why complain now in update7 over passive upgrades. In update6 we could have our sheild way over 1k+ and now with the passive it still doesnt reach over that, so why complain. Damn it is giving you the option and more options to grant you 2 possible mod slot attributes. All I can say is its funny as hell looking through these threads everyday.

Couldn't agree more. Some people just think they are all too good for the game, u can look around, there's topics going along the line of "im too good, game too boring, but yeah im in a lv 10+-20+ mobs zone"

And they're saying its tooooo easy ? o.0 well, if they went to the kindergarden zone, they shouldnt be expecting exams on Further Maths.

i hope you enjoy your supercharged warframes and weapons, because on the other end of this so called "you got what you wanted" update everyone is suffering. nobody asked for the passive health and shield upgrade, and guess what we are still on the same level with everyone else. everyone is still missing their redirection mod but the only difference is the enemies can kill you faster.

the only option to beat a level now is to either kill everything sloooooowly behind cover, or rush through the level as fast as possible.

Edited by jaywalker
Removed personal attack

i hope you enjoy your supercharged warframes and weapons, because on the other end of this so called "you got what you wanted" update everyone is suffering. nobody asked for the passive health and shield upgrade, and guess what we are still on the same level with everyone else. everyone is still missing their redirection mod but the only difference is the enemies can kill you faster.

the only option to beat a level now is to either kill everything sloooooowly behind cover, or rush through the level as fast as possible.

Ever since update7 launched. It was posted numerous times about this passive upgrades on warframes. So every game you played other than Warframe has been pretty fast then. So no cover or slowly killing everything. BTW I mostly play solo throughout the whole entire game. Sometimes I tend to go multi when I want to. So the passive upgrades or no passive upgrades I play fine. And any weapon or warframe what everybody so calls SUPER-CHARGED is nothing if the player doesn't know how to use them. Your so called SUPER-CHARGED warframe will take just about the same amount of damage as any other frame, and die just about the same. So if your ganked up by infested all around you, supercharged or not supercharged your gonna die the same.

Edited by jaywalker
Removed personal attack quote and response

Because you fail at warframe?

Sorry but you really deserved that. I've played half the missions in the game and I've managed to get some 2 or 3 defletion mods and a bajillion vitality mods. You can't take on strong enemies? Go to places where the enemy is a few levels weaker, farm your mods, above all get decent weapons. I'll tell you right out of the bat that a pair of furis do a crap ton of damage, keep the beggining rifle along with those and you can literally take on anything, no matter what the AI throws at you. Your rifle can pretty much kill most stuff and if you're rushed, swich to the pistols and really, you'll absolutly murder anything in less than nothing (So far as you don't expect the naked pistols to do everything of course). A few mods in them, not many, will make it start pulling some ridiculous amount of DPS. Aim for weak spots, have mods for the weakness of the faction you're fighting. Really there isn't a great deal of complexity to the game, if you fail so bad you can only blame yourself, I've never had dificulties with this game since day 1. Yes I obviously die here and there, but everyone get over their head every now and again, if you're constantly having your &#! kicked, again it's your own fault.

It's too late. We've already given DE too much bad feedback, and it will only continue because people can't put away their kneejerk reactions and, you know, test things out.

Yes but right now, if i want to level my weapons up, AND play normally through a level, i can't.

unless i go low level over and over.

And i dont fail at all, i just find it frustrating that i need my OMGWTFBBQ weapons to kill any enemies without too much repercussion.

No, but if you're bringing like, a Lex and a paris to a mission, don't complain that you are overrun by the enmy since you have only slow firing weapons. You have a lot of combination options. There are weapons which I find clearly better than others, however you should aim to at least have one rapid fire weapon, if you don't you can't deal with a rush of enemies. If you like to snipe, use only one weapon suited for it and one weapon as a backup for when the enemy gets close.

Really if you think that you should go only with the weapons you like and not with what is useful (note I don't even say optimal, just useful and there is plenty of choice), then again, you have only yourself to blame for failing so damn hard.

Dev defenders UNITE!

Biggest issue of mine right now is transparency and how they're just rolling out updates with no regard for what it does to their game, like they don't even test what they code before they put it in. The fact that they can afford rolling updates due to not being tied to any distribution platform (and still being in beta) excuses very little.

Edited by krisp

and thus i am only allowed the most optimal build or i am not able to survive or finish a mission normally.

There are no optimal build but enemies have weakness to exploit. Above example about taking Lex and Paris to an Infest mission is a good example of weapon combination which is weak against certain faction. You can still play..... on a crate and sniping these infest safely but it's not the way you'd normally play the game.

However, 7.7 really did shake the playerbase which is surprisingly consist of soloist. I don't see much change in teamplay and most of my friend just 'feel' that the game is a bit harder. However, difficulty scaling for solo is pretty hard and forced player to play more conservatively. Some players don't understand that they should play safe when solo. They could play non-supercharged frame with crappy mod and solo Pluto. Now they can't. Now they complain.

Feel like the BSN uproar about ME3MP Krysae/Infiltrator nerfwar all over again. This too shall pass.

Not just against any faction, it is a bad combination altogether! Grineer can still overwelm you with mass number shooting at you because you can't simply dispache them quickly enough and armoured units can take quite a pounding because of the shield, what works better is fast firing weapons and not high damage because you aren't going to one or even two shot them at all. Same for the corpus which can even be worse taking into account the amount of robots that can incensantly spawn near you. In the end you have to complement your weaponry.

In regards to the OP's post, you're referring to 2 different crowds, the people who were whining about shields and hp being too low at low levels, and asking for passive increases to both, are happy. The problem is these changes &!$$ed off a different group of people who feel such changes not only make the game too easy, but requires the hp/shielding to be rebalanced again. This is just another example of Devs trying to do the impossible - please everyone.

Kneejerking balance a bad practice and no matter -what- DE does, they cannot please everyone. This is becoming a more prevalent issue in both indie companies and small developer teams who make an effort to have a closer relationship with their playerbase. Regardless of how nice players think it is for devs to actually listen to them, when a company relies on player feedback to balance their game they throw themselves at the mercy of all their whining and nerf calling, most of which is either baseless, or chalk full of hyperbole. While im sure the devs are intelligent enough to distinguish hyperbole from genuine statistical data backing up claims of imbalances, Its still a bad habit. 90% of the people who whine and complain about something being overpowered or underpowered dont understand a thing about game balance. Their arguments are based on fallacies and illusions of self centered gradeur where god forbid if someone outperforms them using a specific build or weapon, it must be overpowered!

Have any of you heard/played Firefall? Its a mmofps set in a post apocalyptic sci fi setting. This game has been in beta for -years- and the game has not progressed a single inch. Why? Because the devs keep listening to player feedback and completely changing what content they currently have, then having to rebalance it all. They spend so much time "Listening to player feedback and making exciting new changes to make their game better" that content-wise theyre still in the earliest stages of beta with little playable content, despite having been in beta for years.

Devs need to have a clear picture of what they want, and how they want their product to function. They need to pick a specific audience and appeal to it and make changes or additions to the game that bring them closer to their overall vision of their finished product. This seems to be something that has been given up in favor of catering to the needs of their playerbase like parents tending to whiny children.

Edited by Hammie

LoL.

i've seen lots of ppl complain bout passive stats from lvling that make the game too easy

before this update i used to play with lv 30 loki with full shield vit and armor mods geared with full mods latron and lato and i still get kicked when i saw corpus with lv 50 on em.

I am one of those ppl who did wished for passive stats increase from that point of view

and now ppl are crying that their warframe is OP and the game too easy?

Try to play with unranked warframe with unranked weapons like i did, lemme see if u still think yourself OP

The Devs are trying their best to keep up with everyone's expectation, they did responded to our suggestion and complaints.

Remember that this game is barely 1 month from open beta

Never seen any devs responded quickly as in this game

Respect on the Devs and long live warframe :)

Edited by Xonder

Thre are 2 things that I have to once again point out. One is that if you're having problem, it's your own damn fault, I once again say. I have no problem whatsoever dealing with whatever the AI throws at me. There is always a derpy moment ehre and there but for the most part I can deal with everything pretty damn well so far. On a second note and please make sure you understand this very well. The passives DIDN'T gave you any bonus, because at the same time the enemies got stronger, you only see bigger numbers, you're still getting the same thing as before, it was just upscaled for the pleasure of your eyes, nothing more. This for me is of course alright since the dificulty level was pretty damn fine to begin with.

Every warframe is different. And no matter what the Dev's do *Something* will be 'op.'

I'm in the habit of saying that nothing is op until there is a forum post about it.

On the other end of the spectrum is how 'op' enemies are, just because you can't kill it doesn't mean everyone can't. It's like people don't pay attention to the enemy rank anymore.

What gets me is for example Update6, you already had the passive stat boosts with your warframe already when you lev, you just clicked on them on the warframe tree. Beginning of Update7 it was taken away and taken to effect of grinding mods. And people really didn't like the idea that much. So they basically gave everybody back the passive stats that was in update6 in a different way. Really don't understand the frustration. People whine cause the game is too easy. Well hell what makes that bunch happy then. So they are mad cause they wanna die in the game so they can come back here and whine about it. It's just a revolving circle. And when I first started this game I seen the DE's and staff posting on here frequently, and lately I haven't seen them hardley at all. Hell, I wouldn't either after all the work and time and hours spent and away from family and such to make this game to get swamped and stomped on. Look at some of the other BETA games out there that wont run as good as this one. MWO hell, since update from april 2,2013 that game is soo buggy as hell, they still havent even tried to launch a fix for everything in the game, won't respond to peoples bug reports or anything of that nature. Here I seen them try their best and do what they can the fastest possible. It takes alot of time to work out a bug in the game, cause on their end it probably runs smooth as hell. But on our end, have to consider the facts that we all run different systems, different motherboards, different GPU and CPU, so it's never going to be perfect or what you want. So the hard part is to balance it out for everybody so it won't be a perfect game for everybody, but average. Average=Everybody to play no matter what system.

Edited by Kabeta