Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Warframe [Chrone/chronus] Time Manipulator

Kahereck

The ultimate sounds pretty awesome. Both aging the foes around you into withering away, while rewinding the clock on the Tenno allies, possibly worded to rewind it to a time before they were wounded.

I feel you could make the heal stronger, but limit the range to be close to the epicenter of the Ultimate. This would also encourage coordination when using this ability and could make this Warframe even better when used among those who like to communicate.

Edit:

With this class, I would like to think of expanding this. Time could run in a branch based pattern. Think of it as one event causes a branch of new events based on the outcome.

This is mostly to think about the first ability. Think of it as you get a positive effect because you "changed an outcome in the past", but it can be accompanied by a somewhat negative effect that may have happened because of this different outcome.

This would keep the idea of a backlash from your Temporal Influence idea, but simply make it have a negative effect that is noticeable and worth dealing with for having your outcome rewritten by you and be buffed.

The positive effects could be random with small heals; followed by: damage boosts, power gain, ammo return.

Negative effects could be slower movement, less power, etc.

While also making the player affected immune to the effects of this power for possibly 10-15 seconds after it fades on the character to avoid becoming a spammed power house.

This could come in the form of a buff/minor heal, with a negative effect that also lasts the duration. This would prevent an alternate style of grieving/trolling where people will use the first ability to mess with your health pool by making it go LOWER and not use it as intended.

This is just a big time-related idea I thought of, so feel free to look into it. Hope it can add to the conversation and throw in some inspiration!

Edited by Sixnalia

I like this idea. If there was any sort of time manipulative frame implemented, I know I'd have to try it. At least once. A consideration I don't think has been brought up yet. Where you thinking of making Epoch a "female" or a "male" frame? Or perhaps some interesting blend of both? Or neither.

Sixnalia thats a great idea and if DE looked and this thread they would most likely do something like you suggested with the first ability but at the moment i have faith in the Warframe community i've yet to see a toxic player so i believe its going to be alright if the game becomes infested with toxic players at a certain point in time and DE actually took this idea and made it true they could rework it into something that wouldnt work as a troll ability, Right now they have an ability like it which is Loki's teleport which can also be a pretty hard troll but nobody ive seen has been abusing it as a troll ability, Still an awesome idea ill have to consider it :D

Well, It doesn't seem as any of the devs were ever commenting on the warframe ideas... Unlike they do on the map ideas.

I wonder if it would help if someone with access to design council could post something there, although I have no idea, how it works. (And probably won't get enough free money to get in on the fun myself before the founder program is closed).

I don't think ability trolling would be such a big problem, but then again, I may be just that lucky.

Edited by GTG3000

I like this idea. If there was any sort of time manipulative frame implemented, I know I'd have to try it. At least once. A consideration I don't think has been brought up yet. Where you thinking of making Epoch a "female" or a "male" frame? Or perhaps some interesting blend of both? Or neither.

I think it should be a male for the sheer reason of the term "Father Time"

Like Saryn is Mother Nature...a very creepy Mother Nature.

Considering sarin isn't encountered naturally... Go figure.

I'd be horrified to know of a well of sarin gas....

ANYWHO, perhaps Saryn isnt exactly a PERFECT ideal for Mother Nature...but that could bring up an idea for a vegetation based Frame...(but I digress, that's for another topic)

No topic like offtopic. I tried to think up a vegetal-warframe, but had no good ideas, that wouldn't make it a saryn copycat.

But "Father time"sounds nice... If unfamiliar... I guess reading pratchett set me off to a wrong note, hehe.

I wonder, how would such warframe look. And if a styche-kind of a weapon would be in order.

And everyone would dub him "Superclock man".

Nothing blatantly obvious, but in a sense, yes.

Sort of like how Saryn mimics that of a fungus or a venus fly trap, or how Loki looks similar to a jester, or rhino's...rhino-like appearance. It's nothing OBVIOUS, just something that makes sense when you think about it.

Well, I'm not an artist either, or my suggestion thread would feature some doodles. :-P

Well, he could be taller than standart warframes, and have sort of pendulum-like shaped cape (so, like a round or diamond thing on a long tape... I guess incorporating three lit up circles into his helmet (one for center, and two for the sides,more or less) would help with the 'clock' feeling?

Sixnalia thats a great idea and if DE looked and this thread they would most likely do something like you suggested with the first ability but at the moment i have faith in the Warframe community i've yet to see a toxic player so i believe its going to be alright if the game becomes infested with toxic players at a certain point in time and DE actually took this idea and made it true they could rework it into something that wouldnt work as a troll ability, Right now they have an ability like it which is Loki's teleport which can also be a pretty hard troll but nobody ive seen has been abusing it as a troll ability, Still an awesome idea ill have to consider it :D

Cheers. I certainly like the concept and wanted to have my own little input. The first ability seemed somewhat strong for a first; but as you said, DE can work with it and find a good implementation.

As far as these abilities for any new Warframes go, City of Heroes/Villains would be a great way to find inspiration when crafting a new themed Warframe. They have toxic, time manipulation, fire, weather, electricity, stone, ice, etc. A huge and incredible list of power sets, they were even crafted with their own forms of Ultimates and powers that grow in strength/cost. I'm not saying do a copy+paste, but to get a perspective on these powers.

And as far as my idea of changing outcomes, Chaos Theory + Sci-Fi shows with time travel elements are great inspiration.

You agh shameless. ))

Any new thoughts? Maybe you felt inspiration while making yourself boiled eggs? The timer went off and you stared at it, while the godly rays of light came down from the ceiling light and angels sang out in a miraculous chorus that you'd better get those eggs out of boiling water?