Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Warframe [Chrone/chronus] Time Manipulator

Kahereck

Well, we all hope that our ideas get seen and don't sink down. One way to ensure it is to keep some sort of a conversation in the threads. (though your threads are luckier in that, see my shamelessly selfbumped vespa thread). There's not that much to add currently, seeing how it's a pretty rounded out character, with it's own uber/utilities/anti-boss, that won't be used any other time.

...I haven't seen staff to comment on this forum, though.

Well, their reasons probably are "we already have plenty of plans to do ahead of us, and if we want opinion of players, we have the design council". It's understandable, but true, some comments would be nice, at least from time to time.

OH OH, I figured out what was in my head! If anybody has played an old Nintendo DS game called Custom Robo Arena, theres a robo that has a sort of papal appearance that I kept visualizing for this guy.

Granted, there HAS to be tweaks for Warframe (and forgive the low quality...it's a DS game...)

ohpbua.png

Add a few time circles and remove the eyes and give MUCH more detail and ladies and gentlemen, we have a Warframe.

Edited by AscendantWyvern

Huh, I agree, that head does have certain "he's messing with time" to it. I guess the warframe should be rather thin then, not to make head stand out too much? Like... Dunno, like a monk or a archmage? With a cape, like Frosts' one?

Huh, I agree, that head does have certain "he's messing with time" to it. I guess the warframe should be rather thin then, not to make head stand out too much? Like... Dunno, like a monk or a archmage? With a cape, like Frosts' one?

Exactly, our Time Frame seems more like an Archmage than anything, so a tall, stiff appearance is important to pass on that vibe.

I'm not sure, does the game support different heights for warframes? I mean, it sure does support different models, but so far they seem to be the same height.

And yes, an archmage would be nice to have, unless you're a Pratchett fan. Maybe he could have corpus writings instead of runes on his cape and around the symbol? (although it's a shame there's no characters for K Q W J and X)

Edited by GTG3000

Maybe... I can't really tell, but if he is, then this one could be as well... It's just going a bit hard to make him seem tall and not just thin, when compared to others, say, Banshee or Ember, sine he should be impressive. I though he could be, maybe, taller than rhyno then?

A note on the idea of the first ability, although it sounds great in practise i think it would be difficult to program as the game would have to record the last 10 secs or whatever of all the players constantly. My idea however was to swap the time when the skill is used, so it makes a save point when cast and the tenno has 10 seconds (or whatever) to do as he pleases then returns to the save point, for example using all energy or even dying. Just a thought of how this could be different.

Thats could work but the thread is pretty dead atm so im not sure if its worth changing :/

I think you should keep your interest in your frame idea. This and GTG's Vespa are probably the two best and most ambitious of Warframe suggestions and you know that DE devs pay attention to fan requests (look at the twin vipers). So keep up the effort and who knows, maybe we'll see our time lord in the game.

I second that notion! As long as the threads are being seen, they're not dead, and even while such a suggestion would probably be somewhere lower than "maybe will think about it" on devs' priorities, it's still worth to keep it in sight and alive. And I should learn not to mix humour with motivational messages. 

Don't give up on it.)

[edit]

I will refresh threads before posting. I will refresh threads before posting. I will refresh threads before posting.

Edited by GTG3000

Heh, yeah. I hope they have such functionality in their hands... Haven't quite fiddled with phpbb that much myself.

Although it's entirely possible that selecting posts by reply count would leave directly to flame wars.

Maybe they read ones, marked as 'hot'?

...I wonder if at least one of DE staff red posts like these and thought 'Dance puppets, Dance!'...

Edited by GTG3000