The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

* * * Dual Dragon Nikana * * *

UndeadGhostWarrior

This would be an awesome addition to melee , a nikana in each hand with fast hitting combos , seriously .

am i the only 1 who wants this?

even if the damaged is slightly lowered , the animations and using it would be awesome

It would bring forth a true ninja style type of play to the game

Edited by UndeadGhostWarrior

I would like this concept in general.   Doesn't have to be Nikanas....but I would like 2 swords the same size if not longer 

Eh...

Personally, I don't want it. It doesn't seem like the style of weapon to be dual-wielded.

Warframe:  Based on a True Story coming soon.
Edited by Ishki88

Would be cool, but eh, would also be unnecessary. Considering katanas are mainly swords used with both hands. Then again, there are actual samurais in history that have used 2 katanas (I remember reading it somewhere in an Asian History class text book a long time ago). I'll still stick with one katana though. 

a little overpowered...

Besides, katana are one or two hand wielded. I have SEEN people wield two katana at once but the problem is fundamental. A blade held in one hand can never be quite as powerful as a blade held in two. Or as flexible as a blade you can hold in one or two.

Even the greatest katana wielder who ever lived, Miyanamoto Musashi (@60 duels, all victorious), used one sword when fighting swordsmen of skill. He spoke of being able to use two swords at once, but only against enemies of lesser skill.  Two swords give you double the cutting edges but less power. They are also unwieldy as hell. Tried it once, nearly cut my own foot off. Got yelled at by my sensei.

That said, it might be cool.

But I want the katana and wakizashi style since that is what I do in real life.

Edited by Kalenath

Why only two?

EDIT: Oooooh, ninja'd before I could paste the pic!  Excellent work, guys! LOL :)

roronoa_zoro_by_xxloganxx-d4ftjg0.jpg

ermagerd exactly!!! ok i love one piece and all but for warframe i doubt they would make 3 swords possible , but the 2 swords like that!! i want that , seriously , thats some real ninja stuff

But I want the katana and wakizashi style since that is what I do in real life.

Dual wielding a katana and a wakizashi would just be the same as regular dual swords, except the Dual Heat Swords, just all fancy, because it would be wielding Japanese curved swords, instead of normal swords. It would really just be another redundant dual sword, when we really, REALLY don't need anymore dual swords.

Insect warframe hmm...

Would have to be a spider since I don't think insects can walk on 2 legs.

Dual wielding a katana and a wakizashi would just be the same as regular dual swords, except the Dual Heat Swords, just all fancy, because it would be wielding Japanese curved swords, instead of normal swords. It would really just be another redundant dual sword, when we really, REALLY don't need anymore dual swords.

Would it? The animations for the dual swords we have in game now would NOT work with the nikana as it sits on the hip. But... if we have a wakizashi where it SHOULD sit, under the katana...

Drawing both from the traditional locations is seamless and fluid. Sheathing both can be tricky if you do it at the same time, but it is beautiful to watch when done right and at speed.

And as for no more dual swords? Not everyone shares that opinion.

My major problem with two long sword wielded simultaneously? I rolled over a sword sheathed on my back once. NEVER again. Two? *shudder*

Besides, the sheathes would get in the way.

Edited by Kalenath

I think the Devs should go a little more into unrealistic or future stuff... a frame with 4 arms who can carry 4 weapons like General Grievous from Starwars would be awesome.

It's all still too human... somehow.

Quad-Boltor Primes.

Quad-Brakks/Mareloks.

Quad-Dragon Nikanas