The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

* * * Dual Dragon Nikana * * *

UndeadGhostWarrior

Eh...

Personally, I don't want it. It doesn't seem like the style of weapon to be dual-wielded.

The style, if I'm remembering correctly, the Dragon Nikanna uses is battojutsu.  What the OP wants is double battojutsu seen from Samurai X with Hiten Mitsurugi.  

Edited by Zaresin

a little overpowered...

Besides, katana are one or two hand wielded. I have SEEN people wield two katana at once but the problem is fundamental. A blade held in one hand can never be quite as powerful as a blade held in two. Or as flexible as a blade you can hold in one or two.

Even the greatest katana wielder who ever lived, Miyanamoto Musashi (@60 duels, all victorious), used one sword when fighting swordsmen of skill. He spoke of being able to use two swords at once, but only against enemies of lesser skill.  Two swords give you double the cutting edges but less power. They are also unwieldy as hell. Tried it once, nearly cut my own foot off. Got yelled at by my sensei.

That said, it might be cool.

But I want the katana and wakizashi style since that is what I do in real life.

This.

• 4 weeks later...

Eh...

Personally, I don't want it. It doesn't seem like the style of weapon to be dual-wielded.

Contrary to popular belief k atanas were dual wielded quite often. I've even done it myself in RL so dual wield nikanas would be awesome. Just so that its both swords and not that stupid dagger thing they do to ruin the other dual wield weapons.

Why always DOUBLE EVERYTHING? Seriously... Akthingies and dualstuff everywhere... A katana is not designed to be dual handed. That's what wakizashis are for. Off hand weapon for katanas. I think.^^'

One weapon is fun so logic dictates two weapons are twice as much fun. :D

I want this first the almighty Dadao sh1012.jpg

Or generally more variation lik Spears / Halberds/ 1 hand clubs  etc. And we need difrent stances for Great sword because atm they use the same as Axes and generally stances must be more fluid like Brutal tide that that stance is majestic 

Edited by Garuger

We have brought up the idea of having dual longswords, but for some reason, some players are against it, yet they had no problem with the DHS visual bug where it was both longswords and they were happy to see the change.

I don't have a problem with dual nikanas.

I even thought of the idea of dual wielding both the Nikana and Dragon Nikana ( Dragon Sword + Blade of The Archfiend anyone? ).

I wonder why anyone is even bringing up the logic that katana's are not to be dual wielded, this is a Sci-fi 3rd person hack 'n' slash shooter. Why shouldn't we have dual wielding katanas?

We have dual daggers, dagger+longsword combo, single handed longswords and single handed daggers.

So why can't we have dual longswords if everyother type is already in the game?

Edited by __Kanade__

I said the same thing in my head (Normal Nikana + Shorter Nikana), but decided to keep it there.    I don't want to see a "dagger" Nikana..just a shorter sword basically......but not tooooo short where its a dagger

Actually, a "dagger" would be perfect, from a stat perspective.  All the slash of the Nikana, plus the pierce of a dagger weapon, and we finally get something worth putting Rending Strike on---a weapon that actually HAS puncture/slash in enough quantity to justify the mods existence(why the other combos like the Nami/Skyla don't go here is beyond me)!

That said, the Nikana isn't really the weapon to do it with, given the flavor of the current animation.  This isn't a weapon that is dragged out and brandished constantly, it's the Katana that remains in the sheathe until brought out to draw blood.  In keeping with the weapon itself, unsheathing it for every strike is lost if it becomes a dual weapon.

I'd use the heck out of a Fragor, though.  Make it happen!