The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

* * * Dual Dragon Nikana * * *

UndeadGhostWarrior

• 5 weeks later...

First they should do a style where we actually keep the blade unsheathed. Like when we swap to perma melee it draws the blade until we switch back out.

I kinda actually want to see the sword for longer then just the idle or the brief flashes as you butcher.

First they should do a style where we actually keep the blade unsheathed. Like when we swap to perma melee it draws the blade until we switch back out.

I kinda actually want to see the sword for longer then just the idle or the brief flashes as you butcher.

Impossible due to realisim. Some of the weapons keep true to how you would use it nikana is one of them; draw, kill, sheath. It's very efficient, you don't lose energy (slow down) from keeping it out all the time like many others do in their stances. It also looks pretty damn cool.

(If we had a nodachi/odachi then keeping it out would be reasonable)

If they do this a lot more detail would also have to be put into the blade, right now it's black with the orokin signature.

You're supposed to wield a Katana with two hands.

Which Warframe already breaks with the current main, and soon to be new, Nikana stances.  The only one that's correct is Decisive Judgement.

Speaking of, I think my Excalibur is screaming for some Sword Action right now.

Just because I'm not awake enough to find a more credible source of info, that doesn't mean you have to be a #$&(% about it.

While I haven't personally read all of his works, I have heard a great deal about them from one of my friends who has. Although I don't remember every discussion clearly, I do remember a few talks about Miyamoto's dual wielding and the benefits/downsides of it. http://www.musashi-miyamoto.com/niten-ichi-ryu.html

But I guess you'd just preach to me again for not linking a more credible source of info and/or reading the books, myself.

Some good points to consider are:

1.) Dual wielding two long blades is silly and cumbersome

2.) Dual wielding one longer blade with a shorter blade is more ideal

3.) Niten Ichi Ryu has merits in quantity of actions, rather than quality(simultaneous blows from two different directions, ability to defend and attack at once, etc.)

4.) Kendo has merits in quality of actions, rather than quantity(single strong strikes, single strong defense, etc.)

5. Warframes can eliminate a lot of problems with the strength required to dual wield effectively

Edit: Also notice I didn't go on and on about how Miyamoto beat people to death with wooden implements on multiple occasions.

Historically, dual wielding was still largely about the "quality" of actions, typically using the second weapon to parry or threaten rather than for two-fisted swinging. Because you didn't have a buckler. Or they were used in civilian contexts where having an extra steel object to obstruct with was a good idea, particularly with weapons that naturally translate well with natural boxing motions.

But all said in done, it's not an accident they were called bucklers. You strapped them to your belt buckle. And probably the better idea anyway.

It makes me wonder why the hell the feudal Japanese never got around to using bucklers. Cheap and easy to make and doesn't require high quality steel.

Edited by PlayGooYa

I don't dig it. Its not a duel wielding weapon. The only way it would work realistically is if you had a shorter nikana in one hand. I guess similar to a wakazashi which is just a shorter version of a katana.

Even then I don't really dig the idea. Just seem weird. Duel wielding two full size nikanas would be ridiculous.

Edited by StinkyPygmy