Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 13: Dark Sectors

Whatever the future holds, DE should be giving us progress updates. It doesnt matter if the update is bad news, we should at least know whats going on. I look forward to hearing from DE soon!

Not the kinda "Soon" DE uses though, you'll be waiting for awhile...

I have a build question for you guys...

I have a 6 forma Excalibur (if that helps or means anything). I am reading that redirection + vitality is the way to go to increase "effective" health. What about steel fiber + vitality+ redirection. Haven't seen any math on that. I have always ran it. I'm writing because, since the update- if I touch a knocked down ancient I start to bleed. I need a fix for bleed (shows slash damage proc by health on hud) caused by walking over downed ancients and  high level grineer with guns that have slash damage. I have died a couple times recently when my shields are still half full. Wth? I know some of you are smarter than me or like math more, so please help me out. Oh and diamond skin- flame repellant- lightning rod all that stuff is junk so need something else. wiki is useless on this. I'm farming for a good YouTube video about it- but nothing yet.
I only use radial blind- to free  up other slots (very effective at high levels-but takes awhile to get there -no radial javelin- nothing else) I would be darn near invulnerable using this build (spamming radial blind every 30 sec) if had fix for slash damage /bleed issue. Trying to make him tanky as possible. I agree with CC and ex is awesome at it. BUT, what good is an awesome channeling build if you bleed whilst doing it? I'm ok if my shields get messed up attacking- it's the damage that bypasses my shields that I'm needing a fix for.  (Maybe its a bug?) Armor is only 65 w/o steel fiber and 123 with (using Avalon helmet- AND one level from max steel fiber [maybe maxing will fix bleed issue]). Currently have 885 shields using the Avalon helmet and max redirection/vigor. Need a bleed fix- shouldn't be able to die with shields half full- even if it takes 2 OR 3 slots to prevent- if you are willing to sacrifice something else i.e. power - duration- aura whatever. I understand that ex is no trinity(before nerf coming- sorry they should buff others and leave her alone IMO) but it's the way I want to play.

I OG posted this under general on forum for help but maybe it's a bug since I die before shields are even half gone sometimes (firefight)

What you are being hit with is a Slash Proc, which causes Bleedout.  There is no way to counteract this - it is the status effect of the Slash type damage, and it does damage straight to health, bypassing ANY armor or shielding, no matter how high they are.  It is why slash based weapons can do so much damage if the proc.  In my opinion, take Steel Fiber off.  It isn't going to prevent Bleedout, and Excalibur's base armor isn't high enough to burn a slot modding to improve it.