Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Role Of Women In Corpus Society

emaralez87

I think that all male Corpus are eunuchs since that fits with traditionally oppressive religions and sects. The females are most likely as some have said, some sort of bio-birth tanks to further distance sex away from the Corpus psyche. If you read the book 1984, you'll gain some insight into how oppressing sex can actually be an effective tool at keeping a population aggressive and detached from their emotions. If you have the technology to clone people, sex is something you can take out of the equation entirely right?

Actually... that's not even necessary.

We can draw reasonable corollaries to our present society. The greater the degree of influence Corporations/ Institutions have on a individual's time and income, the lower the birthrate.

The Corpus is merely a group where the Corporation itself controls all facets of Government and Society.

If you have ever been on a military base or University campus and the campus of a mega-company you will be able to draw distinct comparisons between them.

But without over-thinking it... DE has always kept it fairly classy in regard to female depictions in the game. I wouldn't expect anything less now.

i think corpus woman are divided in two sides, and all the possibilities between them :

the ones who realised the futility of this profit and material wealth,

and the ones who totally embraced it.

the first bathed themselves in something greater, the birth of a new kind of humans, and machines, they became scientist, techno priest, bio engineers.

the others laugh at the ants, they manipulates insane amounts of resources, they are high ranked bankers, numbers manipulators, mathematicians, tacticians ... war is a loss of time for them.

anywyay, i dont think you will ever find them in battle, women are not stupid enough to face directly an overwhelming opponent.

i think corpus woman are divided in two sides, and all the possibilities between them :

the ones who realised the futility of this profit and material wealth,

and the ones who totally embraced it.

the first bathed themselves in something greater, the birth of a new kind of humans, and machines, they became scientist, techno priest, bio engineers.

the others laugh at the ants, they manipulates insane amounts of resources, they are high ranked bankers, numbers manipulators, mathematicians, tacticians ... war is a loss of time for them.

anywyay, i dont think you will ever find them in battle, women are not stupid enough to face directly an overwhelming opponent.

so one more to equilibrium (conception of females not in the battle because they don't have a reason to join army)

Chances are, DE will pick at least two female submissions just because, you know, "equality". And chances are, a female leads the Corpus, because that's already the case for both the Grineer and the Tenno.

To those who say the Corpus are asexual... NO. They are currently male.

Chances are, DE will pick at least two female submissions just because, you know, "equality". And chances are, a female leads the Corpus, because that's already the case for both the Grineer and the Tenno.

To those who say the Corpus are asexual... NO. They are currently male.

I thought about Fhrod Bech - a chairman of the board. isn't he "primus inter pares"?

so

equilibrium - 8

drifting ships - 3

subfaction - 0

... Which could be a reasonable conclusion, they could function as a small cult of men who have made themselves immortal through technology, as most of them are very, very old, which was mentioned with Darvo and Frohd Bech. However then I'd have no idea how the cult grows seeing as their troops die regularly.

oh, this is one of my favorite futuristic themes:)

human body have resources to live nearly 200 years (ssory don't have a proof link near the hand, but if you are interested I may find materials for you) + years of evolution (thousands years?) and implants (supporting systems), like Fhrod Bech's ventelation system for his asthma (and I truly believe Alad have pancreate implant. ok, this is joke) .

and we know, what Darvo is Bech's son, so... 106 years ago there was an ovicell somewhere :)

how them grows - I remembered fun conception of wh40k: mankind is over-exposed, humans are the most big population in the universe :)

Edited by emaralez87

so what we have for one day (likes counted):

equilibrium - 11

drifting ships - 8

subfaction - 1

who is this one supported subfaction idea? - this is me! 'couse brutal boobie armor. ok, I'm lying - I just want more factions in the game :)

part2: two and half theories of women’s role in corpus society

1. equilibrium

male and female have equal rights and most of women just work as buhgalters, managers, scientists, teachers etc and less as crew on the spaceships. in this case their spacesuits should be same as male spacesuits, but adapted for female physiology, not point out it.

2. drifting spaceships

females, as reproduction machines, become one of the most important merchandise, so they are live and procreate children at the drifting reproduction storages. in this case they are not work as crew.

2.1 subfaction

smthng like Adepta Sororitas from wh40k. female conven, they have their own society, their own business(es) etc. in this case they may have sexy armour, but proper sexy armour, not twiggy, thin, fit armour. i.e. in absurde way it could be titan, like in titan fall, but designed and manufactured in graceful curves

Here's another idea just for the sake of it: the grineer are by now no longer a two sex species but much more resemble a bee hive. The "males" we fight are basically drones, just as the "females" are the equivalent of workers in a bee hive. There are lingering genetic predispositions that make one form better at a given task then the other both both are neuters because the grineer only reproduce by cloning and have no more use for sexual reproduction. Or the tools for it.

Oh, and the Queens are, well, the queens.

That contrast with the Grineer who, though it hasn't been explored much, are lead by a matriarchy. 

Correction, are SUPPOSEDLY lead by a Matriarchy. With the almost complete absence of lore in Warframe the "Twin Queens" could very well be 2 clones of Freddie Mercury.

Correction, are SUPPOSEDLY lead by a Matriarchy. With the almost complete absence of lore in Warframe the "Twin Queens" could very well be 2 clones of Freddie Mercury.

Hahaha!  That would be funny.

On a serious note, there was that dev stream in which someone on twitch chat started ranting against Grineer and saying stuff like 'down with the patriarchy'.  Sheldon looked confused and said 'Patriarchy? Grineer are a matriarchy, twin queens!' or something like that.  Pretty sure the queens are the traditional female monarch type.

btw about "hivemind": we are all saw this adorable hive on Alad's blazon and this adorable slogans like

"Keep focused on your duty

Idle processes do not benefit the corpus"

what looks like logical obsurded mix of communism and capitalism... ah...exceptional creative... but may Corpus society be hive-like? I think "hivemind" is just a name of Alad's guild, where he is a... ahm.. queen-bee XD

OK when such male heavy franchise like Warhammer can represent Women in such a respecfull way where most others just go for fan service, you know your doing something worng.

When i Heard Warhammer had a faction of pure women i expected either skinny bimbos whit now much armor to speack off or hulking women that look more like men with make up, to my surprice the Adepta Sororita are supricingly balance. Sexy but respectable, i may take some notes on them to redraw my engineer.

If DE is to add Female to corpus lineup i hope they follow those same ideas and dont fall on the "for fanservice sake" line...

emaralez87 Nah i always saw Corpus as a group of companies united in a single faction, they do follow similar rules but each of them Works whit different ideals, maybe the members of the board each represent a different company

agree. i.e. Hivemind: producing He3 for fuel, recicling proxies, mfd cargos plus zanuca project lab. Beecloud - capasitors and other components for cpaceships. Fhrod's guild seems to be proxy manufacturer

I personally don't have anything against women, I really LOVE them. BUT I can't understand, why everything in this world should be politically correct. I mean, women and men are different. This is a fact. Women do some things better than men do and men do some things better than women. But as most gamers are male, developers try to please them simply because their population is bigger. And simply because of that we have heavy armored male hero and nearly naked female heroes in most games

Skarmax Its not that all games should be politically correct, and i do like seeing skinny chicks every now and then in video games its just that the lack of a proper female carácter, and the few there are tent to be overshadowed by sexier females unless they are the main charácter (like samus).

The Best example i know its the Whole Daisy vs Peach argument: Daisy is usually described as a sloppy second since Mario dumped her for Peach (too Smart for you shorty?) but that "sloppy second" has more personality than most of the hero cast and has proven time and time again that is perfectly capable of defending herself (shes THE *@##$ in Mario Strikers) yet Peach, the useless dump blondy who has done nothing in her @(*()$ life and has been kipnapped more times than every other damsel in history gets to appear in Melee and Brawl whit powers we dont know where the F*** came from and powers she doesnt use to save herself, and also somehow got her own game..... Why do i have to care about Peach again?

Anyways Daisy ftw!

42% of gamers are female, you can look for sources on this if you want to. Yes, most gamers are male, but the amount of them that are female is a lot and shouldn't be ignored.

No one's saying everything in the world should be politically correct, nor are they saying women and men aren't different. It's just that fanservice doesn't necessarily fit into this game.

It's not a problem to have fanservice in games, it's a problem when it's incredibly out of place and/or takes away from the game.

You know im still shocked (and glad) about Warhammer having a respectable group of warrior women like the Adepta Sororitas. Whit a game like that you would think they would be fan service but no they desided to fit it into the lore and perfectly so.

Home DE follows their example.