Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Role Of Women In Corpus Society

emaralez87

I'm more of the mind here that the Female Corpus are in non- combat roles, Technicians, Managers, etc. More handling the Business and pseudo religious parts of the Corpus culture, Now this doesn't mean we couldn't see them in game as Tenno often launch suprise attacks. So we may still see them, Can't say I wouldn't mind that. Corpus desperately need some Unit variety

42% of gamers are female, you can look for sources on this if you want to. Yes, most gamers are male, but the amount of them that are female is a lot and shouldn't be ignored.

No one's saying everything in the world should be politically correct, nor are they saying women and men aren't different. It's just that fanservice doesn't necessarily fit into this game.

It's not a problem to have fanservice in games, it's a problem when it's incredibly out of place and/or takes away from the game.

And 83% of those females are mobile/tablet gamers.

I envision that the Corpus treat their women like commodities. It just fits their Profit worship. So they'd have bidding rights on mating while most of the women are kept sedated in immense factories, and the rest work like everyone else that's not filthy rich or part of some dynasty; in drudgery.

• 1 month later...

Too much oxygen would mean bigger living beings, longer life time. Also look at how green Earth is. It's a lot better without humans.

Too much oxygen would mean that everything would be dead. I don't know if you realize this but pure oxygen is poisonous. We breathe a combo of oxygen, nitrogen, argon, and trace elements. So we would die if there were more oxygen on this planet.

Too much oxygen would mean that everything would be dead. I don't know if you realize this but pure oxygen is poisonous. We breathe a combo of oxygen, nitrogen, argon, and trace elements. So we would die if there were more oxygen on this planet.

Not really. It depends on how much more oxygen is added relative to the current oxygen level. 

If the percentage of oxygen in air is only +1% compared to the current percentage of oxygen in air, then we would still survive with little to no problems. It is only when the percentage of oxygen in air is increased by a large value (say +50%), then we would start to have problems surviving on Earth. 

Why not it is simple, Woman do the higher level jobs within the society which are safer. There is many in-vitro births given the likely hood and majority of the features chosen are intelligence due to how their current military structure which should reflect their entire social structure in a way. Similar to how in wars we tend to dominate with intelligence and we put alot of emphasis on it today. Given how woman are empowered, i would say only the lowest social standings in the corpus groups are in the military. Thus no females are doing bad, it would thus be a utopia for women to be in corpus faction because they all have reasonable to good standings. There would also be male standings similarly but some of them would be those engineers and robots replace most of the work.

So why no female engineers? Well it could simply be there are but none are sent to dangerous locations. Thus the female engineers work in the main city and all males in the outer installations closer to the war. Now all this is happening how would we treat the females in a corpus society? Well just think of a non-sexist society where majority of the people are asexual doing their best not to get crushed by corporate powers. That is it. A mundane and autonomous society which does not pride itself on fighting.

What else you want to know? They probably live in a concrete city, females and males would be together and no one would be flirting. Families would have robot house carers, people living their life in misery of money and power of elites within the country. I am taking this to a whole new level, those who are deemed as a treat to the nation are used as test subjects for the tenno experimentation prototypes, they are the target dummies.

Being a largely materialistic culture they would thus like bling, you could see some pop culture for sure as well.

Why not it is simple, Woman do the higher level jobs within the society which are safer. There is many in-vitro births given the likely hood and majority of the features chosen are intelligence due to how their current military structure which should reflect their entire social structure in a way. Similar to how in wars we tend to dominate with intelligence and we put alot of emphasis on it today. Given how woman are empowered, i would say only the lowest social standings in the corpus groups are in the military. Thus no females are doing bad, it would thus be a utopia for women to be in corpus faction because they all have reasonable to good standings. There would also be male standings similarly but some of them would be those engineers and robots replace most of the work.

So why no female engineers? Well it could simply be there are but none are sent to dangerous locations. Thus the female engineers work in the main city and all males in the outer installations closer to the war. Now all this is happening how would we treat the females in a corpus society? Well just think of a non-sexist society where majority of the people are asexual doing their best not to get crushed by corporate powers. That is it. A mundane and autonomous society which does not pride itself on fighting.

What else you want to know? They probably live in a concrete city, females and males would be together and no one would be flirting. Families would have robot house carers, people living their life in misery of money and power of elites within the country. I am taking this to a whole new level, those who are deemed as a treat to the nation are used as test subjects for the tenno experimentation prototypes, they are the target dummies.

Being a largely materialistic culture they would thus like bling, you could see some pop culture for sure as well.

I have always though Women in corpus focus more on works that require logic like programing Proxies and monitoring security on the ships while the males go for a more physical works like engineering and battle.

lol yeah - this is true :D but what way? are they part of society or are they subfaction (guild)?

If I had to guess I'd say that women are community managers, like mayors and governors. The people that keep society in check. 

Edited by Plasmaface

If I had to guess I'd say that women are community managers, like mayors and governors. The people that keep society in check. 

so they are part of society, then point to equilibrium 

equilibrium - 16 
drifting ships - 9
subfaction - 2

equilibrium gained 2^4 voices!
OxAZJYZ.jpg

so they are part of society, then point to equilibrium 

equilibrium - 16 
drifting ships - 9
subfaction - 2

equilibrium gained 2^4 voices!
OxAZJYZ.jpg

However my post bases on the fact that corpus represents a common Asian society. Well what if we do process this abit further and talk about tech advancement. As much as we can say advanced beings would have mastered in-vitro fertilization and test tube birth, i don't think intercourse is needed.

Let me rephrase my original postulate, there are thus no females or males in society. It is a genderless society, they may have gendered features but i believe it is genderless for the plain fact they should have a cloning machine like the grineer that is way more advanced and which would allow for specific trait selection. Thus overriding the issues of natural selection. It is thus a wholly asexual society filled with like minded individuals.

If there is no gender it could explain everything, if corpus don't even procreate anymore thus the ones we see are not even male or female, they adopt the best body for survival. They would thus be without many acute nerve endings and they choose a mix of male and female parts that are best suited for being "ultimate" humans.

Edited by Jacate

However my post bases on the fact that corpus represents a common Asian society. Well what if we do process this abit further and talk about tech advancement. As much as we can say advanced beings would have mastered in-vitro fertilization and test tube birth, i don't think intercourse is needed.

Let me rephrase my original postulate, there are thus no females or males in society. It is a genderless society, they may have gendered features but i believe it is genderless for the plain fact they should have a cloning machine like the grineer that is way more advanced and which would allow for specific trait selection. Thus overriding the issues of natural selection. It is thus a wholly asexual society filled with like minded individuals.

If there is no gender it could explain everything, if corpus don't even procreate anymore thus the ones we see are not even male or female, they adopt the best body for survival. They would thus be without many acute nerve endings and they choose a mix of male and female parts that are best suited for being "ultimate" humans.

yeah I got your idea.

there is difference betwen sex and gender. sex is physiological term, gender is socialogical term. my equilibrium theory based on this genderless but "sexy" idea :)

I envision that the Corpus treat their women like commodities. It just fits their Profit worship. So they'd have bidding rights on mating while most of the women are kept sedated in immense factories, and the rest work like everyone else that's not filthy rich or part of some dynasty; in drudgery.

And loose an entire workforce? Not likely. We have only seen Corpus who deals with combat and fights (except Alad V that little coward). And like it or not, only a small number of women actually chooses those kind of professions. It's more likely that the Corpus women works with management, development, research and such and other jobs which doesn't include handling weapons. 

Though I have to say that before the update where DE added the "shoot their helmets off" thing...I used to imagine that some of those Crewmen were actually women as the suits looks like today's space suits for astronauts, and it's impossible to see it it's a man or woman in those if you can't see their faces.

equilibrium - 17 

drifting ships - 9

subfaction - 2

meh I don't have picture for 17 :) just one coment - if women are part of society (not reproduction machines or merchandise or subfaction) this is a tipe of equilibrium. woman don't have to die in space to be equal to man, she just may to.

Edited by emaralez87