Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Role Of Women In Corpus Society

emaralez87

To the OP, the Corpus are a bunch of money hungry corporate types. If any women are around, I'm betting its like a giant Wolf of Wallstreet situation up in there.

Remember, we murder these suns a b#$^&s by the space-boat load. They are designed to be enemies, and trying to project social justice causes on to them is just ASKING for ridicule.

I know, that's why the only females are the robots which they designate as females. Zanuka is referred to as a female by Alad V, which is what I am referring to.

"NO, DON'T TOUCH HER!"

The reason why DE made him refer to Zanuka as her was to show how attached he became to his new robot pet; if someone attacked your dog in real life you wouldn't say "No, don't touch it!". You would say either him or her.

It doesn't mean that Zanuka has an actual gender/sex and it most certainly doesn't mean that there are no flesh and blood Corpus females!

The reason why DE made him refer to Zanuka as her was to show how attached he became to his new robot pet; if someone attacked your dog in real life you wouldn't say "No, don't touch it!". You would say either him or her.

It doesn't mean that Zanuka has an actual gender/sex and it most certainly doesn't mean that there are no flesh and blood Corpus females!

I never said Zanuka had a biological gender. Back on topic, his post really does not to contest my post or point out any flaws, because I do not think there was anything to contest in the first place. It was just a tidbit of knowledge, nothing more. I only said it jokingly as a way to point out the lack of females seen in Corpus territory, I.E. A soldier remarking that the only females in a certain unit are animals, etc.

Edited by PeripheralVisionary

I suspect the Corpus are a female-dominant society, where the men are doing the "low" work of conquest, trade, and industry, but the women are the educated class, the property owners, and the political majority.

Not to say men are unimportant in Corpus society, or lack their own domains of influence, they're just... the evolutionary epitome of drones, when assessed at a severely macro level.

clean-up recount (thnx to Letter13 this speculation appropriate for GD again :) ):

equilibrium - 24

drifting ships - 19

subfaction - 6

btw - you still may ask me warframe-related scientific questions (13 followers celebration)

Speaking in-game for a minute, the bosses so far , exept Behk who seem to be breathing some gas-mixture and wears a crewman suit, all wear high tech costumes. Alad, Darvo and soon Sgt. Anyo and nephew all are the opposite of battle-clad Grineer.

They use robots and keep a distance.

While crewmen can be either gender, I believe this is their sect-like structure. Workers look the same by design. It reinforces the Indoctrination mantras.

"Our Flock"

"Profit numbs the feeling."

"I comitt thee to the Void."

So I would imagine Adminitrators, Supervisors and those of high rank, to be clearly set apart and wearing uniforms.

A woman might therefore wear a business suit, a military styled dress, or a gaudy high colored dress with fancy shoes like Alad.

Point is, as interesting as the social structure is, in the game we see what we kill.

The Temples should be the next logical step for DE. Females *are* on the way.

Wouldn't it be totally awesome if they shocked us by introducing a young female rival to Darvo or sibling, or better yet, Darvos Mother?

Edited by arch111

Before the corpus voice change i would've voted for equilibrium, i mean those suits leave a lot to imagination an as far as im concerned every crew man could be 2 midgets stacked on top of each other (3 for the techs), but now with the corpus new voices it seems like all the crewman are males (or all corpus females have the same voice as the males or they're all chain smokers).Now im leaning more towards the subfaction thing, for it appears that being a crewman isnt just a job, since in times of space fared trade being a crewman means you're vital to profit and the corpus religion is all about profit and like most religions there are duties that can only be carried by man.

Stuff like this was one of the main reasons that i wanted the corpus auxiliatrix to win the design contest, just to see if DE would shed some light on the part of women in the corpus lore.

Before the corpus voice change i would've voted for equilibrium, i mean those suits leave a lot to imagination an as far as im concerned every crew man could be 2 midgets stacked on top of each other (3 for the techs), but now with the corpus new voices it seems like all the crewman are males (or all corpus females have the same voice as the males or they're all chain smokers).Now im leaning more towards the subfaction thing, for it appears that being a crewman isnt just a job, since in times of space fared trade being a crewman means you're vital to profit and the corpus religion is all about profit and like most religions there are duties that can only be carried by man.

Stuff like this was one of the main reasons that i wanted the corpus auxiliatrix to win the design contest, just to see if DE would shed some light on the part of women in the corpus lore.

Voice modulators.

Maybe it's because we kill so many that they don't send women in front. 

Or maybe the Corpus only look human but branched off, resulting in females not looking like 'our' females.

seems +1 to equilibrium

... Now im leaning more towards the subfaction thing, for it appears that being a crewman isnt just a job, since in times of space fared trade being a crewman means you're vital to profit and the corpus religion is all about profit and like most religions there are duties that can only be carried by man.

welcome my subfaction fellow! :)

equilibrium - 26
drifting ships - 19
subfaction - 7

Voice modulators.

agree. I think speach of corpus crew is deformed by their voice communicators, like walky-talky deforms policemen voices. but to be honesty - faces of corpus soldiers are male, childish, but male. but techs (who have different pronounce of some words) don't show their faces when we shoot to their helmets, so techs mb a women (just mb)

one thought about Axlotl Tanks idea in Warframe world: gene recombination => controlled evolution... didn't this reminds you about Alad's researches? :D he just goes another way, but in this direction (and uses tenno and infested for researches)