The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would That Actually Be Fun?

Llyssa

Fun is subjective. Some of us find Dark Soul difficulty fun and fair, some find Borderland-ish weapon fun, some find pressing 4 while walking around the map and watching things explode fun.

Difficulty is a hard thing to implement and please most of the players at the same time. Games that tried to do that usually ended up easy and unfocused. 

No, that's one of the big problems about this community.

Fun = Banned. We're an MLG Community. Fun does not exist. Serious gamers only.

You're not allowed to have a life. You must play 24/7 whilst drinking mountain dew and eating Doritos. Casual players go home.

Edited by Sutherland

The community cannot agree. It will always fight against itself.

-Abraham Lincoln

Quite eloquently said.

Fun = Banned. We're an MLG Community. Fun does not exist. Serious gamers only.

You're not allowed to have a life. You must play 24/7 whilst drinking mountain dew and eating Doritos. Casual players go home.

That's right. Noobs coming here, stealing our jobs and trying to have fun... no tact. 

It's not that easy, Llyssa.

People play video games for different reasons, and "having fun" is only one on the list of many.

But, I've seen in other games, and this community is no different, a very large portion of the people who are active 'New Idea' posters and those that like their ideas, really don't have any @(*()$ clue as to what makes a game fun. 

Yes people think different things in games are fun, but I have seen games from small developers who DID listen to their player base, the vocal ones and it turned the game to utter S#&$, and even the people who's ideas were implemented were complaining.

Frankly it is a reason I don't make many suggestions and what *should* be done in a game unless it looks broken to me.  I know the developers, in general know better.  That doesn't mean there are bright people out there and from what i've seen they are very few and far between the people who, when they think of something for the game, TRULY understand the impact of the idea and what is and isn't a good idea to implement.