Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Artifact Ideas

thirdgunner

These are just some ideas I've recently had that I feel might help a bit.

There isn't a whole lot of artifacts yet and they don't really add much of a difference unless a few people stack them.

New Artifacts:

Item Magnet - Attracts health/energy/ammo/mods and drags them to your position, with a ~10 meter radius.

I really dislike having to make several turns to keep myself barely stocked up in a firefight.

(Another alternative might be for your drone to pick things up.)

EDIT: (Another alternative would be any items within ~10 meters, after a few seconds, automatically get picked up. This would prevent any issues caused from dragging the item around.)

Ammo Recovery - Ammo drops are not increased, but the amount of ammo instead multiplied from 1.5x-2x.

So a pistol ammo drop would be 30-40 instead of 20. This is more useful if you have a DPS weapon, like the viper.

(This would be more useful for a group than a single weapon type ammo scavenger, because it will affect all ammo types, which would be useful for a diverse team.)

Ammo Regen - Slowly regenerate ammo for the equipped weapon. (Maybe around 5 shots every 10 seconds)

This would be geared towards players who use slower, heavy hitting weapons, or keep players stocked up between fights.

(Its not very effective on its own, but might help for some flexibility before or after fights)

Steadfast - Cannot be stunned, but can still be knocked down.

I'm looking at you, group of roller ball things.

Life Vampire - Shooting or hitting enemies (Their health, not their shield) heals back 1% of damage dealt in health.

Mostly for survivability. Since most damage isn't actually that high, it would take multiple shots to get back one health. It wouldn't be as efficient as the health regen one, but has the potential for more in boss fights or mobs of enemies.

Survivor - Triples the downed time state.

For those careless teammates who run ahead.

Shield vampire - Killing enemies with melee grants back ~10% shield, if your shield is still up.

For melee survivability. Its not enough shields to grant you too much, but it is enough to keep you going if you plan on attacking a line of targets.

------

Thoughts?

Edited by thirdgunner

There already some specific ammo recovery artifacts and i think that it would be too unbelanced to put them into one.

My only buff with the current ammo artifacts is that if you're using a spray gun (Like the viper or afuris), 20 shots isn't a whole lot per drop. It just gives a little more edge to DPS heavy stuff, and potentially helps the team too, because it isn't weapon specific.

For the Ammo regeneration i can just say that it would be way to strong ín this game.

It would need to be kind of weak. Definitely not worth it for an assault rifle or anything automatic., but maybe viable for a sniper rifle or shotgun, or the lex.

You may also be able to stand at a distance and not have to worry about running low so often, by scrounging the area for stuff as you fight.

Edited by thirdgunner

Item Magnet - Attracts health/energy/ammo/mods and drags them to your position, with a ~10 meter radius.

I really dislike having to make several turns to keep myself barely stocked up in a firefight.

(Another alternative might be for your drone to pick things up.)

EDIT: (Another alternative would be any items within ~10 meters, after a few seconds, automatically get picked up. This would prevent any issues caused from dragging the item around.)

Good Idea.

Ammo Recovery - Ammo drops are not increased, but the amount of ammo instead multiplied from 1.5x-2x.

So a pistol ammo drop would be 30-40 instead of 20. This is more useful if you have a DPS weapon, like the viper.

(This would be more useful for a group than a single weapon type ammo scavenger, because it will affect all ammo types, which would be useful for a diverse team.)

ok.

Ammo Regen - Slowly regenerate ammo for the equipped weapon. (Maybe around 5 shots every 10 seconds)

This would be geared towards players who use slower, heavy hitting weapons, or keep players stocked up between fights.

(Its not very effective on its own, but might help for some flexibility before or after fights)

Nah. Scavenger does an ok job on this and with placed shots it isn't needed really.

Steadfast - Cannot be stunned, but can still be knocked down.

I'm looking at you, group of roller ball things.

If they make it so all warframes can destroy them with an ability (minus at least loki who has no offence ability's) they wont be a problem.

Life Vampire - Shooting or hitting enemies (Their health, not their shield) heals back 1% of damage dealt in health.

Mostly for survivability. Since most damage isn't actually that high, it would take multiple shots to get back one health. It wouldn't be as efficient as the health regen one, but has the potential for more in boss fights or mobs of enemies.

Trinity can do this kind of thing.

Survivor - Triples the downed time state.

For those careless teammates who run ahead.

ya .. I dunno. I hate rushers but doesn't seem neccisary.

Shield vampire - Killing enemies with melee grants back ~10% shield, if your shield is still up.

For melee survivability. Its not enough shields to grant you too much, but it is enough to keep you going if you plan on attacking a line of targets.

Once again .. Trinity.

If they make it so all warframes can destroy them with an ability (minus at least loki who has no offence ability's) they wont be a problem.

I highly agree.

Trinity can do this kind of thing.

Trinity does look like a really good support, and I definitely wouldn't want to minimize the support's role. Honestly though, I don't think I've ever actually seen a Trinity in my 22+ hours of gameplay.

ya .. I dunno. I hate rushers but doesn't seem neccisary.

Before the rebuffing of the shields and health, this was an issue. We would have someone straggling behind, looking for stuff and get caught by a laser and get insta-downed. It just got kind of aggravating.