Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Mods Idea

EagleRise

I have an Idea for new mods, Bullet mods.

now, let me explain.

as for now, the game have several damage types :

-Fire

-Ice

-Electricity

-normal (weapon base damage)

-Ap (isn't relevent for the idea tho)

-poison (not fully thought through)

the mods I thought abut will have only one level, and will come with the cost of 10-20 mod points.

you could only use one at a time, as they will be incompatible with each other.

what they will do is simply switching the "normal" weapon damage with other damage types.

thos mods will be avaible for every weapon that uses bullets + the paris and future weapons. (it's arrow heads can be used for the process)

for example :

-----------------------

[Molten lead]-rifle

{2.5D picture of enemy on fire}

"by using special bullets that are filled with molten lead and coated with flamable mixtures, the Tenno managed to creat weapons that will leet anything on fire, even for a short while"

effect : will switch the weapon's damage type to fire elemental damage, highly effective against lightly armored targets

RARE

-----------------------

-----------------------

[taser shot]-pistole

{2.5D picrure of crupse in shock state}

"by using superconductor material and charging it with high voltage currents, the Tenno managed to creat bullets that will discharged its storged electrical energy with impact"

effect : will switch the weapon's damage type to electrical elemental damage, highly effective against robotic and electral targets.

RARE

-----------------------

-----------------------

[icy coat]-shotgun

{2.5D picture of a frozen enemy}

"by injecting liquide hydrogen into hollow bullets, the Tenno managed to create bullets that will freeze anything it has inpact with"

effect : will switch the weapon's damage type to Ice elemental damage, higly effective against shielded targets, will slow down enemies, will decrees damage buy X% do to low bullet density.

RARE

-----------------------

FAQ

Q: whats the point? we already have elemental mods.

A: you can use this mods with other elemental mods, its point is to give players the option to make thire weapon extreamly strong against one faction while not as effective against other factions.

it will also allow some more strategic values to the game, a squad could deside that each Tenno will be ready to deal with diffrent threats.

in other words, it will give us the option to do one thing really well, with the price of having problems with other things.

Q: why is ice the only mod with drawbacks?

A: ice comes with many procs, it slows down your targets, it really good against shileds, and nothing is really protected against it, so in order to keep balance, some damage have to be redused from each shot. (elements will still be calculated by the normal base damage)

Q: IMO having a flamy Hek in an infested mission will make the game too easy.

A: may be, keep in mind tho that while your Hek will be really good against infested, armored targets will simply laugh as your flames simply cant go trough thire armor.

also keep in mind that the cost of using thos mods is really high, so you'l probrbly have to loss some mods in order to use the mods i'm suggesting.

Q: what with poison?

A: it is not thought through yet, feel free to think about it and suggest your ideas.

Q: why not Ap?

A: Ap damage is the only proc bolt weapons have, giving other weapons the same proc, without the drawbacks, will render the bolt weapons useless. (who want to use its slow-fire-rate-slow-bullet-speed Bolt weapons whan they could use thire fast-fire-rate-insta-hit weapons with the same proc? even if they have less mods on them?)

Edited by EagleRise

I'd like to see a Slidedash distance / velocity / decelleration mod

A mod that increases accuracy

A mod that increases critical chance while scoped / zoomed

A mod that blinds an enemy

A mod that makes you resistant to Tox

A mod that prevents knockdown or reduces knockdown duration

A mod that prevents knockback

A mod that increases melee jump attack specifically or increases it's AoE

A mod that increases headshot damage

No thanks.

We need CREATIVE mods. None of these "elemental damage" mods. Those are all that exist atm anyway.

EDIT: maximum squid posted a few that weren't bad just a few posts above mine. We need more things like that.

Edited by TraumaHunter

please, stop showing us how you didnt read the entire post but only the first 5 lines :)

How about instead of assuming people aren't/can't read your post - that we actually think its a garbage idea

Btw I can throw a smiley face at the end of my post and it makes it all "nice" too :)

How about instead of assuming people aren't/can't read your post - that we actually think its a garbage idea

Btw I can throw a smiley face at the end of my post and it makes it all "nice" too :)

you know, when you find an idea as a bad one, explaining why will be the right thing to do.

simply saying "no" will not help anything but your massage number.