Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

7.7.1 Hot-Fix + "about Last Night..."

[DE]Steve

Good job on bug fixes and the great community support, i did my part and bought a founder pack to help fast improvement.

i like all the fixes made and im glad the shield mod drop rate is going to be fix, i played around 60 hours and no shield mod so far haha.

i just want to say tho that the rare mods now just seem to be dropping too rarely... i mean they are the only real way you make decent amount of money apart from farming blueprint and honestly i'd rather do progression and drop mods to make money and have fun than farming the same exact low level boss over and over again to upgrade my mods.

on top of it now the rare fusion core will be impossible to get, meaning that it will take forever to get to the very last level of my mod, i understand the need to make the rare mods rarer but does it need to be so drastic? in lvl 40 mission i don't even get a single rare mod out of 9 drops. the feeling of progression is barely even there now i can't upgrade my mods. i also feel like the free to play part will get seriously hit by that forcing people to buy mods pack and this is just not right, what make warframe so good is that we don't feel forced in spending money but we do because we love your game and we want to support.

thank you for looking into my concern.

I'm really worried about this last mod update. Yes they feel rare but that juste made earning credits WAY harder. Selling Rare mods was one of the best money makers out there and now they're extremly rare. Runs that dropped over 5+ rare mods will most of the time drop zero. This means its harder to buy blueprints for weapons.

What I see there is a nerf to the free to play part of the game. Common mods sell for a 1/10th of what Rare mods do which means it increases significantly the amount of farm required to acquire something. I'm all for Rare mods being rare but can we do something about deflating free to play players wallets ? Reduce the price of items or increase the sell price of common mods ? This is a serious concern.

This is the same concern for me too. I have been playing the game nonstop, but there is never any real reward (good mods dropping). I just feel like I should get a reward for the time I am spending. I shouldn't be tempted to buy things with real money, because 18 hours resulted in aquiring a bunch of common mods for sentinels that have no value, and definitely won't translate into enough credits to buy the things I do want or get mods I need to drop. It just feels like they are making the rare mod drops so hard to get, that people might get tired of farming, give in and spend some money. Spending it on costume pieces by adding deeper character customization would be great. I do feel there should be some amount of free customization before spending any money though.

I know I keep bringing up Champions Online but they do reward you all the time (or maybe Borderlands would be a good example), with definite rewards you can count on. So if these items they sell in the market and the mods are rewarded often, how does Digital Extremes make money then? Well in Champions they make a ton of costume packs and sell those for real money, so players can come up with their own look, and not look like everyone else. They also sell travel powers or devices and of course more inventory slots and even instanced housing (though that might be pusing it too far for this game). I really think something along those lines needs to be put into Warframe, and they need to change the way mods drop and give items or more credits as rewards for beating missions (but please keep it solo friendly still).

I'm sorry if what I suggest might not be the best idea, but I am just trying to think through how this could work and the business end of this free game can still exist, without the player farming or not making enough money to buy what they want. Maybe they are relying on people to buy the dragon mod packs, but I do think the costume /warframe armor pieces would be good, and sell alot if they aren't priced too high. I'd love to see them add this into the game so we all don't look the same. It also opens up the desire to play other characters. I had alot of my friends play this game before leaving and alot of the reasons they left (before they even got into the farming aspect I am experiencing) where they liked Ember's powers but not the chicken head or big thighs(actual armor piece around the legs). Or they didn't like some character's man skirt or jacket piece or insect butt... Ember just seemed to be one everyone I knew, brought-up so I used her as the example. If that option had been there they'd probably have liked playing. I know I would play more characters if I could just alter some aspects of them.

Either way I don't want to anger anyone here and hopefully everything I wrote wasn't glossed over. I really love Warframe, which is why I became a founder. It has huge potentional and very interesting themes, to me anyway. It is just hard to make credits and I feel like doing the same thing over and over without any reward for it. Sorry if anything was hard to read as well. English is not my first language.

Edited by BloodDoll

You can still farm bosses for dosh by selling blueprints, its not that big of a deal imo, but i may have found a bug.

Not sure if it is just me but when trying to but a fletchette mod on my strun the game completely bugs out, the mod doesnt get put on and the mod page sort of glues to the screen, so when i back out its still there, when i log out its still there, have to restart the game. Bit annoying as i want the damn fletchette mod on!

I'm really worried about this last mod update. Yes they feel rare but that juste made earning credits WAY harder. Selling Rare mods was one of the best money makers out there and now they're extremly rare. Runs that dropped over 5+ rare mods will most of the time drop zero. This means its harder to buy blueprints for weapons.

What I see there is a nerf to the free to play part of the game. Common mods sell for a 1/10th of what Rare mods do which means it increases significantly the amount of farm required to acquire something. I'm all for Rare mods being rare but can we do something about deflating free to play players wallets ? Reduce the price of items or increase the sell price of common mods ? This is a serious concern.

Edit : I really don't want this game to die. It felt perfect but that last mod update. Yikes.

How about if the rewards at the end of the five waves of defence stacked and had a higher liklihood of being rare? that way if you get to wave 10, atleast you are guaranteed 2 rare mods? I think having the stacking idea would be a midway, that way its not too easy to get credits, i know i did it a lot it was extremely easy, but still a worthwile swap from boss/cronus runs?

How about if the rewards at the end of the five waves of defence stacked and had a higher liklihood of being rare? that way if you get to wave 10, atleast you are guaranteed 2 rare mods? I think having the stacking idea would be a midway, that way its not too easy to get credits, i know i did it a lot it was extremely easy, but still a worthwile swap from boss/cronus runs?

But this mode is hard to solo and I don't really want to group. I actually duo mostly. If it is forced grouping, It just seems to alienate people who play different. I wouldn't call this a mmorpg, so I should be able to solo/duo those waves. Maybe my items just suck though, it's hard to tell. I'm able to kill fast, but I get overwhelmed way too easily. Maybe someone has some tips?

Edited by BloodDoll

After playing last night my only problem is the bosses have been made incredibly hard, Trying to cut through a sheild at long range, getting barely any damage on the boss only to have it regen when they pansy out and run behind a box or trying to duel him up close only to get smacked with 6 hek shots which burn through my sheilds and health like nobodies business not to mention the fact that my frame skills don't even make a dent is just a little disheartening...

Admittedly im not using a maxxed out frame with completely maxxed mods I am however not wearing low level junk on my best frame...

You guys are doing a great work, and I really appreciate these upfront update posts.

Whenever I see a patch on the launcher I open Firefox and click my Updates bookmark, knowing there will be a proper post

Thank you, devs!

But this mode is hard to solo and I don't really want to group. I actually duo mostly. If it is forced grouping, It just seems to alienate people who play different. I wouldn't call this a mmorpg, so I should be able to solo/duo those waves. Maybe my items just suck though, it's hard to tell. I'm able to kill fast, but I get overwhelmed way too easily. Maybe someone has some tips?

First tip is to start by picking infested defence. As every infested is a melee mob, you know exactly where they're going to have to go to destroy the cryopod, so they can get nuked by ulti's around the cryopod and at chokepoints near it.

After that, your ability to solo defense missions is really a funtion of your equipment; which Warframe and what weapons you take, with which mods. There some Warframes and weapons which are just plain bad for infested defense missions [Ash, Loki], and some which truly excel [Frost, Saryn, Ember for infested], and then obviously the Queen of Infested Defense Missions, Nyx. If you have either of the last four 'frames I mentioned at level 30, start by taking them.

Then for weapons, you're best off taking the Hek and the Akbolto to be honest with you, then a mutli-hit high-charge damage weapon for hacking and slashing around the cryopod.

First tip is to start by picking infested defence. As every infested is a melee mob, you know exactly where they're going to have to go to destroy the cryopod, so they can get nuked by ulti's around the cryopod and at chokepoints near it.

After that, your ability to solo defense missions is really a funtion of your equipment; which Warframe and what weapons you take, with which mods. There some Warframes and weapons which are just plain bad for infested defense missions [Ash, Loki], and some which truly excel [Frost, Saryn, Ember for infested], and then obviously the Queen of Infested Defense Missions, Nyx. If you have either of the last four 'frames I mentioned at level 30, start by taking them.

Then for weapons, you're best off taking the Hek and the Akbolto to be honest with you, then a mutli-hit high-charge damage weapon for hacking and slashing around the cryopod.

Thanks Notso, I'll give it a shot. I actually only like Mag and Banshee, but Mag a bit more. I am still using somewhat bad weapons, or the ones the gransmaster pack gave. I got pretty far into it but eventually lose somewhere past the choice to keep going. I'm not sure where to get those weapons other than buying them. I never seem to get any good drops.

Edited by BloodDoll

-Rare Mods are now... rare. Faction drop tables were boosting probabilities past Common in some cases.

In fairness, yes rare mods dropped a lot, but what was actually irksome was that common mods were not common at all. I myself, and I'm sure many others will tesify to this as well - if not testify to having less than me, have had 1 redirection drop for myself, and an almost countless number of marathon's, quick rest's, etc. There seems to be a very poor distribution in mods, either that or certain common mods only drop commonly from specific mobs. It would be nice to either have an idea of where these mods drop from to alleviate some stress if that is the case. Also - can I please have the option to turn off sentinel mod drops in favour of other mods if I don't have my sentinel with me? I am sick of getting redirection and steel fiber mods for him while I'm still gasping for them. It's just salt in the wound!

How about making something like a mod exchanger? You know, trading something like 5-8 mods to a uncommon and 10-15 for a rare (The system should be random then)? I mean, this might fix the whole thing people call "crappy droprates". This will definetly make me wanna go farm mods, just a quick idea that came up :)

Nice work though devs! :D

Sweet..now the hek has sound..I was wondering why was it so slient the whole time i was using it,i started to think that the hek was a slient weapon. :P (I just got it today ^^)

By the way is this a bug(or its something wrong with my game) >> http://imgur.com/wn9DmeL

Love the game. XD

I've gotten that a few times too, just log in and out of the game. close the client too.

One defense map I want to beat to get to the next area is impossible now that I had no trouble with when playing other characters. Lith I think was the name. There's also other defense maps like Thalassa, I can never seem to beat to unlock the higher areas past it.

Edited by BloodDoll

I thought Ash and Loki are awesome if you go dual zoren? :o Also, I LOVE Nyx, but her ultimate is just... it makes baby raptor jesus cry. Unless you mean just spam Chaos and then maw them down with a HEK or something... which is super effective I guess, but so boring.

Oh and this just in: verticle wallrun + ledge grab works like pre-U7 again! YAY!

Edited by Gestalt

I thought Ash and Loki are awesome if you go dual zoren?

True, but that's true whatever mission type you play. They don't have the CC abilities the other 'frames I mentioned have, which are more useful, I find, than just going invisible the whole time.

Edited by Notso

True, but that's true whatever mission type you play. They don't have the CC abilities the other 'frames I mentioned have, which are more useful, I find, than just going invisible the whole time.

See I am only rank 22 on this mag character, and I really can't get past 2 of these defense missions to actual continue playing on other locked maps. What sort of weapons would you recommend? I can polarize the container and it helps it's more of there is just too many enemies despite I am killing them fast. I don't remember this being hard before. Crush works fine just hard to get energy back sometimes.

I was going to get that snipetron or some name but making money is really difficult.

Edited by BloodDoll

You really don't want to take the Snipetron for missions agaisnt infested. It's better agaisnt Corpus though.

If you want to just finish the mission to continue playing on other locked maps, all you need to do is hit "Claim & Exit" on Wave 5, and you'll complete the mission and be abe to move on.

Edited by Notso

You really don't want to take the Snipetron for missions agaisnt infested. It's better agaisnt Corpus though.

If you want to just finish the mission to continue playing on other locked maps, all you need to do is hit "Claim & Exit" on Wave 5, and you'll complete the mission and be abe to move on.

I sent you a private message. It's actually Corpus. I'm just trying to get to 5 to claim and exit. I wish they'd make getting to 5 easier at least, I'm totally stuck. It seems alot harder now than before the last update for some reason.

If it's still as it was with 7.7, this still needs to be looked over.

This isn't update 6, Rare mods in update 7 are just called rare, but in fact, most of them are essential parts to builds. Rare mods in Update 6 were blue mods with dual stats, multishot mods and sprint mods. Which is understandable that they'd be rare.

Update 7.6 had set the droprates universally to be the same no matter the level, which was fine, but needed tweaking so that the higher level the enemy, the lower % chance you get commons and higher % chance to get rares. (or make it so higher level enemies dropped higher ranked mods, higher difficulty should yield higher rewards)

The 7.7 mod droprates just seemed to have made common way too common even on high level content.

I mean every ability mod is called Rare in update 7, yet how are low level players supposed to upgrade their abilities passed rank 0 if no ability mods drop in low level content?

--

pretty much this!

Lol, that is exactly my loadout. As Multi-hit high-charge I use the Dual Heat Swords. And the Hek mostly because I've put all my good rifle mods into my Wyrm. Shade uses pistol mods so there is no alternative to swap to. A Shotgun mod related Sentinel would be great though.