The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shred On The Burston Prime?

not at all. i find it doesnt affect most forma'd weapons as it often only takes a shot or two to kill anything. heavy cal or not the first shot on most weapons is usually the most accurate. i also have it on my boltor prime build, single shot kills accurate enough and when u need close range grass cutting its there for u.

Shred is a must mod for me on any rifle. I use it on my Latron prime - i tend to kill 2 - 3 enemies per shot which increases my overall kill / damage potential. It's even deadlier on spraying guns like Soma - spray on a group and it's all gone. 

Shred benefits: 
* Adds attack speed. 
* Puncture let's you shoot through walls and cover (minor advantage - i find myself doing some amazing behind the wall shots, by tracking the enemy, but they are rare)

* Puncture let's you shoot through dead & alive enemies. There are sometimes problems with infested where dead bodies ragdolling absorb all the bullets. Shred completely gets rid of this problem and allows you to kill enemies behind corpses. 
* Puncture goes through allies (must on snipers. Every shot matters but there are always people that are jumping in front of your aim) 

basically... it's a mod that i can't live without. Lets me land a shot while ignoring obstacles. 

Edited by WingsOfGryphin

NICE! What about on a 0 forma build?

im guessing that its not used on the popular build sites so things like punch thru are ignored. Lack of understanding the difference between paper and real time applied DPS.

stupid quote updated sigh

Edited by Kartumterek

I don't understand why more of the community doesn't understand that Punch Through is a necessity at higher levels in terms of both ammo conservation and overall damage output. 

The question is simple. Why waste two or three bullets, nay, an entire over-used clip on one enemy, when I can use three to four shots and take out five of your enemies? 

You waste less ammo and conserve more ammo, as with something powerful like the Soma, Burston Prime, or Boltor Prime, you're able to mow down entire crowds effortlessly with half the clip at mid-level. At higher levels where things aren't so cake, you can get two heavy gunners for the price of one if you know anything about proper positioning. 

To put it simply, you take out your Burston Prime, there's six goons running right at you. Without Shred, you'd use a burst for each enemy in the head, wasting precious ammo. 

With Shred, you could simply line up your aim and take them all our with a single burst. You use less shots, less ammo, and output your weapons damage in a much more efficient manner that's both time and life saving when faced with large groups. 

Then there's the added bonus to fire-rate, which lets you deal that damage faster. 

The only question here friend... is why DON'T you use Shred?

Edited by Hastur609

Just for fun try Shred AND Speed Trigger on your Bursty Prime!  I call it the RSI [sore finger] build.

I honestly use both Shred and Speed trigger with High Voltage and Malignant Force, its SUCH a status beast,
I personally don't use Heavy Caliber thou, it ruins its beautiful accuracy way too badly.

Just for fun try Shred AND Speed Trigger on your Bursty Prime!  I call it the RSI [sore finger] build.

I honestly use both Shred and Speed trigger with High Voltage and Malignant Force, its SUCH a status beast,

I personally don't use Heavy Caliber thou, it ruins its beautiful accuracy way too badly.

I haven't noticed a noticeable dip in accuracy using Heavy Caliber on the Burston Prime, nor do I really see the use for both Shred and Speed Trigger. It already procs consistently without it and the damage gained from using another more damage oriented mod in-place of Speed Trigger more than makes up for...well...not playing a Burst Fire Weapon as if it's an assault rifle. 

To each their own though.

What I like most about shred.. Killing all enemies before the doors are open... Seeing all the yellow numbers against the blue/grey/green doors fills me with joy.. And when the door is finally open the floor behind it is littered with presents.. Like Santa's sled just punched through the ceiling and exploded.. then I get all warm and giddy...

Yeah.. Shred.. Hmmmmm

Anyone use metal auger in addition to shred?

Just too damn expensive for all of my builds, i've thought about it but never seriously considered putting it on.

Been curious if i maxed it what I could shoot through having both on, but in all practicality it costs too much when Shred seems to have as much as i've ever needed.

1.8m PT is all I need on my Dual Cestras, Hind, Etc., they mow down mobs and can shoot through most cover/corners. I suspect I could use less and be fine, 1.8m is just how my build worked out.

Edited by DarkTails