Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Ability Changes

[DE]Rebecca

Are the toggled abilities still going to be affected by power duration and power efficiency? And will they have an initial cost, or purely sustained? Sounds excellent all over though, and looking forward to hearing the Nova changes!

I have two questions about this:

How will Duration and Efficiency mods work with Toggled Skills?

Also, any plans of buffing finishers damage? As it is now, they take a lot to execute and do little to no damage, which renders Ash's teleport buff not so useful.

It would also be nice to know if Blessing can be recasted now.

Any plans on making other skills toggable? Oberon's renewal would be a good candidate.

Edited by Ayraclus

Also, i think that Ash's Teleport could also use an option to be able to telepiort to a non-target for strategic retreat and positioning. I say we keep the targeting possibility with this change that gives us a reason to teleport into people instead of just charging them with jumps and slides, but instead of "No Target found" you might want to allow us to teleport anywhere?

Nerfing/Buffing stuff won't solve the real problem: the game is extremely unbalanced. 

Nerfing and buffing things is how you get to balance. How do you think it happens? Divine inspiration?

Anyway, I see a lot of confusion over Blessing but it made sense to me so let's see if I can explain it.

Blessing now works based on the percent of damage was healed.

Lets say in a team of four we have Trinity, Rhino, Nova and Ash.

Trinity and Rhino have been playing it safe and have full health (0% damaged), Ash is down to half (50% damaged) and Nova is almost dead (95%). To save her Trinity blessess refilling all hp and granting damage reduction based on how much was healed. Rhino and Trinity get no dr because they where at full, Ash now has 50% dr and Nova is almost immune because she took so much damage.

It's to encourage reactive power use and careful damage management.

Edited by ValhaHazred

How will trinity work at defenses and survivals with level 100 enemies, then? People usually get one-shot by that high levels. Blessing is not gonna be good with the changes you put up, DE.

The concept is a good idea, but it makes trinity useless where she is useful the most.

Edit: A solid damage resistance rather than varied depending on health healed is the best option IMO.

Edited by Sarmon

Next Steps:

Firstly, if you don’t see ‘your frame’ on this list, by no means does it mean we aren’t going to take a look at it. There have been general tweaks and passes occurring for frames over the past few months, and we’ll continue adjusting as the game grows and changes. However, please note that we did mention Nova explicitly and changes are in the works that will be covered in a follow up post shortly.

Secondly, please feel free to discuss these changes within this thread, but stay constructive. Comments and remarks that don’t contribute in a meaningful way will be hidden so surrounding discussions remain on-point.

And Lastly, have fun. These changes will be arriving this week on PC, and within the next major Update on PS4. We’ll be able to address any immediate issues within a hotfixes, and longer term feedback over time as these changes are tried out and adapted to.

Thanks, Tenno!

P.S This thread will be update with necessary info as it comes in from the desks of dev!

these changes are ALOT better than expected. i thought trinity was going to be sledge hammered to the ground, but this change keeps her viable and useful =D

as for banshee, interesting but i'll have to experiement with her ultimate to see how useful it is (hopefuly it doesnt have a flat 100 energy cost and then drains an additional)  the moving silence will be DELICIOUS

Nyx and Volt, its a start. hopefuly a future change will make it so Nyx's psybolts go through objects.

ash.

HAHAHAHAHHAAHHA clones xD oh god i am so gonna have to play him to see this. this is gonna be sweet. grineer are scared of 4 tenno. lets see how they react when they see 4 ashes all use that skill have have like 16 clones warping around for the duration.

if the grineer doesnt die of fear, its gonna panic and kill itself by running into a wall.

.....say vay hek....come over here i got a little something for you...MUHAHAHAHAHA

(heres hoping embers next.  but i can w8. enjoying ninja valkyr colors)

Any thought given to making Frost's Snow Globe move with him (at some indeterminate future date, of course)?

Eximus style would be pretty cool, I wonder if I'd miss the stationary though. 

Players can now toggle Absorb on or off.

Both toggling changes to Nyx and Banshee will give players more freedom instead of being locked in place while the rest of your team runs around.  It should also add a nice element of resource management to both Warframes, rather than being stuck in place at the cost of X energy.

Volt:

Shield: increased size of Volt’s Shield for better team usage.

Plzz make Speed Toggleable

Whilst the majority of these look pretty awesome, the change to Blessing has an extremely hazardous side-effect. If you use it to save the life of a team member who's nearly dead whilst most of your group are at full health, you basically just wasted the cast and the energy it cost. This is going to create a Megalixir situation where Trinities don't want to use Blessing because the situation could always be worse than it currently is, and that's potentially going to wreck the skill's actual utility.

Ash - (coming around a few more corners, likely to follow the rest of the above changes at a later week):

-Shuriken: Added forced bleed proc to attacks, no change to base damage.  This should help buff the damage to Shuriken without making its direct damage over-the-top.

This sounds good (glad Ash is finally getting some love) but Shuriken has 3 levels and I still don't understand why the number of stars thrown is not equal to the level of the mod?

Trin needs no less than a full rework. I am glad she's being nerfed but I was hoping with a little bit more creative solutions... couldn't it revive teammates? You can only support one teammate at a time with it because it isn't recastable quickly... Trin has no way to heal teammates instantly if their health bar tanks quickly... I feel like the kind of support you'd like to offer your teammates using a healer frame, you can't really do with her. I'm also worried about a couple things here:

For example:

This incentivizes waiting til the last second to heal teammates, probably resulting in them dying a lot, rather than keeping them topped off. When people die because Trinity is trying to use abilities effectively, they'll be mad at the player and sometimes fail a mission because of it.

Everyone in a group mods their stug/castanas to put them at ~1 health when they shoot the floor, a team coordinates when to self damage, then trin blesses for 99% damage immunity.

What happens when you cast blessing while a teammate is down? What % health did they have after they're picked up? 0%? When they're alive again do they have full immunity?

But energy vampire looks like it will still make trin useful, but only as a suppliment to spammy frames like mag and nekros.

Edited by VegetableBasket

Nyx:

-Mind Control: I still think this needs a slight quality of life change. It'd be super neat if your afflicted slave's health was prevented from dropping past 1 HP while the effect is active, and any accumulated damage during the time they were Mind Controlled would be applied after the effect ends. Think of Hysteria, but instead of invincibility the target simply has a "minimum" health above zero.

Ash:

-Teleport: Adding a finisher prompt is cool and all, but still isn't worth it for 25 Energy. Either lower the Energy cost down to 15, or allow it to be free-aimed with halved distance. For example, if you are aiming at a specific target, you can travel up to 50m, but if your crosshair isn't on a identifiable target, you will be teleported to that location up to 25m. If the free-aim change is to be added, it can keep its 25 Energy cost.

Kage Bunshin No Jutsu.

Believe it!

Now you too can live out your Naruto fantasies. Now all he needs is a Hokage helmet.

ってやんでぃ‼

「影分身、だってばよっ‼」 (b°∇°)b

i've been using ash for FOREVER, very glad to hear about these changes. i dont use his powers very often, in fact i've often been playing with no powers or ranged weapons equipped at all since melee 2.0, but these changes open up more possibilities for sure. でしょう