Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Ability Changes

[DE]Rebecca

Welp there goes trinity. Any hope that DE is capable of netting without using a hammer is gone. Even when used with utmost skill and luck you will probably be giving around 2 team members 50%-80% buffs and the rest around 20%. How long will the buffs last? What happens if i recast again for a ally who is taking heavy damage? Does it erase the others buffs? Can i even recast it again? Now that there is no invulnerability what is link for? It's not worth dying to take out 3 enemys you know. How am i even supposed to cast this fast enough to prevent people from dying? Do you know how hard that is to pull off even with blessing the way it is now? Well of life is still useless btw so if you where going to nerf trin so hard why didnt you buff this? At the very least have it do what energy vampire is gonna do with its new buff. I'm not even excited about that anyway since it should of had something like this long ago and even the way its being done now is wonky. Why wait for it to do its weak damage trick when your impatient allies can just blast away like they always have? I see that rather than fix the problems trin players had with the power let's just cater to it instead?

Trinity rant over.

Glad for the duration power changes since that unlocks some alternative ways to do powers in the future. I look forward to the day when i can spend all my energy in one sweet power (in my mind it would be slash dash) to just blast away anything i choose or to let my power go in a steady trickle to increase my dps slightly or add utility to whatever action im taking. Maybe a mod that makes you move faster and melee attack faster or harder would be suddenly amazing with something like this *rush cough cough*

Yey Ash! No buff for smoke screen though? Did I just miss it? Ill check again but if so I hope it gets a buff to... Just changing the way mods effect it would work even.... Plz? I want to smoke nuke everything!

Glad for buffs and my two cents is frost, ember, saryn next pretty plz?

Excalibur going to get any love been a while since he was looked at also ash now seems more like a ninja from naruto which I'll admit is actually kind of cool and glad they fixed bladestorm and teleport.

Edited by Archangelzz

These upcoming changes look very interesting. I do have a few questions/concerns I would like to address.

- How will Link's damage reduction interact with Blessing's damage reduction? Will the highest value simply override the other, or will they stack (multiplicative)? As an example of a multiplicative stack, if I gain 50% damage reduction from Blessing and 75% from Link, I'll have 1 - ( 1 - 0.50 ) x ( 1 - 0.75 ) = 87.5% damage reduction until one power expires. 

- Will Blessing's damage reduction be based on the team member with the lowest percentage of remaining health, or will each member have their own individual damage reduction? I would argue that the former would be the better alternative. Otherwise, Trinity would not be able to provide equal support for other teammates simply because they were at full health.

- Will the new toggle abilities drain energy equal to the original energy cost divided by total duration? So for instance, Absorb normally costs 100 energy to activate and lasts 10 seconds. As a toggle ability, Absorb will now drain 100/10 = 10 energy per second. If I have Streamline equipped, that's 70/10 = 7 energy per second. If I throw in Continuity, that's 70/13 = 5.38 energy per second. If this is not the case, how will power duration affect toggle abilities?

- Currently, you can cancel Undertow by holding a movement key. As Undertow is to become a toggled ability, will this function be removed?

- Regarding Blade Storm, what will be the new target limit for Ash and each clone (if there is a new limit)?

I also think there are several powers that could use another look.

- Well of Life would still be a redundant power in Trinity's skill set considering Blessing's near-instantaneous health/shield regeneration, and Energy Vampire's single-target disable. I don't have any ideas at this time, but Well of Life could use a new mechanic to make it worth equipping.

- I have noticed the gradual improvement of Psychic Bolt's tracking capabilities over last few months. Still, Psychic Bolts remains a purely damaging power that offers no utility at a high 50-energy cost. In crowded maps, the projectiles still have a high chance to collide with the environment, and the damage itself is not very impressive considering other 50-energy powers. Can we possibly see a rework of this power at some point, adding mechanics that synergize with Nyx's skillset, and remains useful on higher difficulties?

- Overload is highly dependent on the environment: the number of electronics in the casting area will greatly affect Overload's total damage and duration. However, electronics are more or less permanently fried after a single cast. What I ask is to consider adding auxiliary systems which activate after a certain period of time. The idea here is that electronics will have a cool-down period before they can be reused for Overload again, as opposed to being completely useless after one cast.

- Shuriken will gain a nice boost of armor-ignoring damage with the forced bleed proc, but the power still lacks the utility it once had prior to Damage 2.0. Would you consider making each shuriken stagger on contact as it once did in the past, in addition to the proposed changes?

- The proposed change to Teleport is interesting, but I have a problem with the way that stealth execution damage is calculated. If I'm not mistaken, current stealth executions inflict 4 x base melee damage as armor-ignoring finisher damage to the victim. Considering that the damage used to be determined by the base charge damage of your weapon prior to Melee 2.0 (which was several times higher than normal attack damage), stealth executions now deal far less damage than they used to. It's possible for a regular melee attack to out-damage a stealth execution, which in my opinion defeats the purpose. Could the stealth execution damage calculation receive another balance pass as well?

Edited by PsycloneM

Trinity's Blessing change does NOT seem to prevent invincibility exploit, for example...

take 20% damage >> restored by Blessing >> take lots of damage with only 80% damage applied >> restored by Blessing >> take lots of damage with only 20% damage applied >> cycle continues...

...and still open for self-damage with Link to damage enemies.

Have you considered making Blessing greatly speed up regeneration and give damage resistance instead of immunity?

Edited by ntyd1s

Greetings Tenno,

We’ve got an Update coming ‘just around the corner’ on PC that includes balance changes to several Warframes. We have talked about this for a while on our Streams, and this post will give a look at what kind of changes are coming.

Here are the details at what what changes dev has in mind for each Trinity, Banshee, Nyx, Volt, Hydroid, and later Ash, and as always keep in mind that the following list is still subject to change.

Trinity:

-Blessing:  Damage immunity is now based on the percentage of health healed (ie: healing 90% health will grant 90% immunity).  This should make the use of Blessing more reactive, greatly benefiting players that pay attention and monitor party health to maximize its effectiveness.

Trinity by design was never meant to have such an aggressive means of invincibility, and this fix should bring Blessing’s use back in line with our original intent.  Spamming it at full health will now have no benefit.

-Energy Vampire:  Will now pulse one last burst from the victim when it dies, releasing any remaining energy; this should make the power useful even when the enemy is killed prematurely.

Banshee:

-Silence: Is now a radial ranged effect that moves with you. As enemies enter the radius/area, they experience a ‘sonic disturbance’ which they react to. This disturbance deafens the targets and affects their awareness.

-Sound Quake: Players can now control when to deactivate Sound Quake, with the option to toggle it on or off.  Sound Quake will consume energy per second while active.

Nyx:

-Absorb: Players can now toggle Absorb on or off.

Both toggling changes to Nyx and Banshee will give players more freedom instead of being locked in place while the rest of your team runs around.  It should also add a nice element of resource management to both Warframes, rather than being stuck in place at the cost of X energy.

Volt:

Shield: increased size of Volt’s Shield for better team usage.

Hydroid:

Undertow: will now be toggleable.

Ash - (coming around a few more corners, likely to follow the rest of the above changes at a later week):

-Shuriken: Added forced bleed proc to attacks, no change to base damage.  This should help buff the damage to Shuriken without making its direct damage over-the-top.

-Teleport: Enemies are now open to finishers when teleported to, giving it more aggressive utility in order to make Teleport more appealing for use in combat.

-Blade Storm: Now produces clones of Ash, enabling him to kill more targets quickly.  Ash will also re-attack targets if they survive the initial attack.  Added forced bleed procs to Blade Storm strikes.

The change to Blade Storm should also shorten the amount of time a player is stuck in Blade Storm dramatically, without a reduction in damage or looking cool.

Next Steps:

Firstly, if you don’t see ‘your frame’ on this list, by no means does it mean we aren’t going to take a look at it. There have been general tweaks and passes occurring for frames over the past few months, and we’ll continue adjusting as the game grows and changes. However, please note that we did mention Nova explicitly and changes are in the works that will be covered in a follow up post shortly.

Secondly, please feel free to discuss these changes within this thread, but stay constructive. Comments and remarks that don’t contribute in a meaningful way will be hidden so surrounding discussions remain on-point.

And Lastly, have fun. These changes will be arriving this week on PC, and within the next major Update on PS4. We’ll be able to address any immediate issues within a hotfixes, and longer term feedback over time as these changes are tried out and adapted to.

Thanks, Tenno!

P.S This thread will be update with necessary info as it comes in from the desks of dev!

Excellent! I'm glad that the idea of toggleable powers is coming into play. I think it makes alot of sense. How about revisting Frost and making his Snowglobe a toggle ability?

Why don't u guys do this:

- Make Trinity restores shields and health of every player

- Do blessing give any flat % ammount of damage reduction (depending on mod level)

- Make it scales the % with power strenght (without being able to reach 100% damage reduction)

Done, trinity fixed and everyones is happy now  (sorry for my english )

Edited by Godli

Hey um, I don't know if DE is still reading this thread but could you consider making Trinity's Link ability a toggle ability too? 

Also I'm wondering how does the new blessing changes work with multiple Trinity users?

Like say one Trinity casts blessing when their health drops to 50% while everyone else is at 90% so they receive 10% damage reduction buff but a few seconds later the second Trinity sees someone's health drop down to near death and casts their blessing.  

Does one Trinity Bless override the other?

What's the priority on the override (i.e. time of casting, most effective buff)? 

Or do the Trinity Blessings stack with each other in some fashion like if there are blessings active, one activated when a player is at 50% health the second when they were at 90% health does that mean they get a 60% reduction or is it more like filtering: dmg*0.5*0.9

Edit:

Also, Please Please Please consider altering Well Of Life as well.  I feel it is completely overshadowed by blessing and the only effective use I've seen of it was to keep an enemy in perpetual stun lock while teammates loot the drops in a defense mission right before the reward is offered, every 5 wave increments.

Edited by KnotOfMetal

Making ashes clones drop smoke bombs before disappearing or making those targets dynamic ( because eventually some of them gets killed) and makimg marked enemies get affectrd by fear, resulting in more cc would be nice. Otherwise smoke screen might get a bigger bomb with more time or teleport can affect groups, because finishet is not the problem, problem was teleport only affecting a single enemy and lacking against a group.

Blessing change is just significantly lowering the ceiling on missions people play the most because they lack a low ceiling.

You may as well cap enemy levels and the number of defense waves instead of dangling a carrot on a stick after this.

And to anyone believing this is fantastic, I urge you to stop playing around on Mercury and experience some hard content before deciding it's a good change.

Let me tell you, I can't count the times my team has wiped in the second Blessing goes down at high levels - the organization and timing/positioning required is much more than you Mercury dwellers like to think.

Edited by SignumCruxis

Blessing is capable of doing more health in a shorter period of time than Well of Life

How about turning it from like.. a health generator to a status prevention beckon?

Any status that an enemy can inflict on you is neglected for as long as that enemy is alive.

So if you hit a lancer with it, you cant be afflicted by slash proc for as long as that enemy is alive.

err maybe not the best replacement for well of life but its an idea

okay lets talk nekros.... namely soul punch and terrify

terrify-....functionally speaking I am okay with it but animation wise its really lackluster. can nekros do something actually... I dunno.... terrifying. like have nanite wings with screaming nanite souls escaping around him while he casts the ability.... shouldn't take too much.

soul punch- can instead of doing damage to the selected enemy could it change to something more useful like creating a shadow clone of the targeted enemy. (this would prob require more work then terrify)

Volt getting a larger shield? hells yeah you keep making my fav frame better and better DE.

Ash rework:

shuriken: eh okay I guess.

blade storm: sweet no more hitting 4 then grabbing a beer with it.

Teleport:

I+love+Simon+Pegg+_07499b8fdfc0c6da8f988

The trin fixes are VERY disappointing. The biggest problem was that duration was OP on trin and all her abilities lasted forever, and this made energy vampire terrible and boring. So instead of fixing that problem, you just made the frequency of ticks with energy vampire not even matter. The blessing change is odd and it seems like natural talent is going to be a must have for good trin players. I was hoping that trin would be able to give people static shields, have a disc priest feel. Well of life could use a look too, it is still worthless.

The lack of physic bolts change is also very depressing. Whoever is making these decisions plays the game very little (or is missing something entirely). With how frequently frames are released, is it really that hard to make tweaks to existing ones?

NIce ability balancing finally but you'll keep hearing people complain about "high level" content NEEDING invincibility, M Prime, or whatever OP ability until you strip the band-aid that is ENDLESS Survival/Defense.  

It is a poor substitute for an "end game" and gives players a perverted understanding of what BALANCE means.  Just cuz its "endless" doesn't mean if your frame cant last an hour or longer by cheesing the enemies you're somehow underpowered.

While I agree that Trinity needs an update, but I see two main problems with the new Blessing.

1. Many people play their frames with high shields and low health. Making the damage reduction based only on health will limit the damage reduction portion severely. If this was meant as both shields and health then this is not a problem.

2. There may be more hesitation on when to use the ability. You may be less inclined to cast Bless with only a single member low on health as its effects will be limited for the others. While this may indicate they won't need the protection from Blessing, however it may indicate they were all previously under its effects while the one other was not. Other scenarios include a Nekros' Desecrate providing part of the group a large amount of health orbs, a Mag's Shield Polarize hitting part of the party, and a Rhino's Iron Skin providing singular protection. The others could then be in trouble until Blessing can be cast again, potentially 28.2 seconds. This can be avoided by three different methods.

a. The easiest to implement would be to give a set percentage, such as 10% or 15% per rank. This eliminates the total immunity, however requires very little skill. This would be abused just as the current version, but in a much weaker form.

b. A more difficult to implement solution would be to give damage immunity based on the highest percentage healed. If a member was healed for 75% and the others weren't healed at all then all would receive a 75% damage reduction buff. This would still require monitoring your party, but would not penalize those that are currently at higher health. A variation of this would be to do an average of percentage healed, though this value may be too low and require a multiplier (which could result in over 100% reduction).

c. Another option would be to lower the cost, perhaps 25% or even 50%, and allow it to be recast. Without lowering the cost it may become too prohibitive to cast multiple times in such a short period. This would allow you to save that single member while still having the opportunity to save others as required. Balancing around the second damage reduction buff could be troublesome however, here are three possible solutions.

i. Refresh the duration and apply the highest reduction. This would be the most beneficial as it would prevent the loss of a high damage reduction with that of one that is much inferior. This could be abused and with continuous casting provide a constant high damage reduction.

ii. Refresh the duration and apply the current reduction. This should be the easiest to implement, however could result a player losing a significant portion of their high reduction buff for a new negligible buff.

iii. A more difficult implementation would be to allow concurrent Blessings and apply the buff with the highest reduction. When the highest Blessing falls the next highest would then take over for the remainder of its limited duration. This would be much more taxing on the systems especially with several Blessings at the same time, however provide the most balanced form. If Blessing is cast too frequently then the amount healed should be low and provide only small reductions.

Edited by Lypiphera

What about Banshee's Sonar? While it definitely adds tons of damage, the fact that it targets backs, feet, arms, sides, etc etc that are EXTREMELY difficult to shoot (and not worth the missed shots when you could just land every shot in the chest and do the same overall damage in a shorter period of time), makes it nearly useless.

Yes it gets to nearly a 12x damage multiplier, and yes that's amazing... But we can't put it to use currently. How about a change to target crit points, namely the "headshot zones" for all enemies? Would help newer players learn where these zones are on enemies that are not readily obvious, such as Moa or Infested, and would make the ability far more useful as these are zones most players already aim for. Nerf the multiplier since we already have a double damage multiplier on this zone (meaning 6x max multiplier on sonar = 12x overall), and it retain's it's current ideology, but becomes infinitely more useful to the team.

Maybe?

It only tells us that Survival is the most played game mode. People can play survival for 15-20 minutes and then bug out, and the survey would still be true. Note that the second most played game mode is assassination, which doesn't go into the humongous level numbers that Survival does.

Its healing properties are indeed worthless in comparison to a lot of other ults. Shields regen and a trinity interested in healing just drops a WoL for 1/4th the energy cost plus CCing a given enemy for quite some time.

The E-vamp change is a great thing though.

No other ult heals like Blessing last I saw, and Well of Life requires an ally to be shooting the target, whereas Blessing heals immediately and has infinite range, so you can heal allies regardless of where they are or what they are doing. It also restores shields, which abilities like Renewal and Well of life don't do.

Blessing change is just significantly lowering the ceiling on missions people play the most because they lack a low ceiling.

You may as well cap enemy levels and the number of defense waves instead of dangling a carrot on a stick after this.

And to anyone believing this is fantastic, I urge you to stop playing around on Mercury and experience some hard content before deciding it's a good change.

Let me tell you, I can't count the times my team has wiped in the second Blessing goes down at high levels - the organization and timing/positioning required is much more than you Mercury dwellers like to think.

Calling down on "Mercury dwellers" for not playing at high levels reeks of elitism. Not even someone as masochistic as me (who managed to kill the new Vay Hek using a Mk1-Braton and succeeded) goes into "High Level Play" vs +Lvl100 enemies consistently because it's not really fun, nor practical all the time. The highest I normally go is farming Dark Sectors in Pluto and Ceres, which has decently hard enemies without being unfairly difficult, and I can take my Excalibur there.

Warframe isn't all about playing 2 Hour Survival Missions or Wave 100 Endless Defense, the content of Warframe allows players to play wherever they want, whenever they want. If I just want to level up some new gear, acquire a certain resource, experiment with features so I can add to the wiki, or just hang back and be a badass ninja, Warframe gives me the freedom to do so. I'd rather not have people looking down players playing how they want just because they're "Mercury dwellers".

Edited by LGear