Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Ability Changes

[DE]Rebecca

Volt's shield change should have been as that of the Artic Eximus which has a mobile ice shield. Are we saying the Grineer are more advanced at things like this than the Tenno?

With Trinity, the changes aren't really that great and are missing some basic ideas. Hopefully they'll be adjusted, but by allowing Blessing to go on as it has for so long I doubt we'll have much adjustment until who knows when.

Well of Life is a joke. It should be either based on the location of Trinity and affected by a range mod, or just turn it into a regenerative power that you can remotely cast on an ally. Even Oberon's ranged healing sparklers (Renewal) do a better job than WoL as far as practicality, based on fast mobile game play, since the healing sparkles go seek out allies.

Energy Vampire once again, being a stationary thing is just a waste based on game play style, unless you're just sitting down in one spot for awhile.

Both WoL and EV should maybe send out health/energy in the Oberon Renewal "seeker" fashion after an enemy is killed, which would not force players to group in one spot in order to get energy, or to shoot the same target (while other targets are shooting them) in order to gain health.

How about making WoL and EV an infinite ranged power, that can be cast on all frames for a short period of time, that allows those frames to gain Health or Energy as they do damage to ANY enemy. Make it percentage based, with a cap if you will, and I think we have some functional powers.

Edited by Janzer

So you're going to kill Trinity as a supportive class, and she'll be totally useless on the endgame survivals/defences. No one will take her into the party anymore. With the nerfed link ability it draws such an amazing picture.

Great job. Well done. Keep up the good work.

I'd like to ask if you'll be able to advice me some tanking frames ready to handle with the tons of damage. Could you tell me which one to pick now? Oh, yes, it's the only Nyx now left. How about nerfing her that way too? Let's make her absorbing ability basing on the health left, so using with the full health will be totally useless.

I don't like it. So neither skilled Trinity player.

I dunno what to say. Maybe you will think one more time? 10% incoming damage is more than enough to tear armourless Trinity apart in less that few seconds in case of endgame.

I'd like to submit some constructive suggestions about Trinity:

1. In case here bless won't give here invulnerability anymore - let's make the bless really blessing.

2. Increasing health/shield stats during blessing - at least twice - 1440/1440 could be good enough.

3. Using blessing should totally clean up all the negative effects, applied to the team members - removing all the bleed/poison/flaming procs.

4. During blessing, all the teammembers should become invincible to all the procs.

5. Make it toggleable too so we could switch it off in case we're no longer needing it.

6. Trinity should be invincible during casting.

7. Blessing should set Trinity's armor to be at least comparable with the Saryn (165) during blessing lasts.

tl;dr

dSEGiSs.png

Edited by MECT_HET

Though I am not that happy with the changes to Trinity, guess we will just have to wait and see.

I rarely see trinities in public games so dont think that might change too much.

I dont know if its possible to change Trinity's blessing again so soon but this is what i would have suggested.

A flat 90% DR but for 5 seconds max. Kind of like a panic button. The way it is now it just keeps getting spammed so i see where DE is coming from.

Secondly Instead of Insta healing your shields/health, give it something like 15 health,shields/sec for the duration of the power.

Note: The duration of the power can be the same as it is right now i.e.15 secs or whatever you have but the damage reduction will also apply for the first 5 seconds.

In addition give the team additional benefit where they are immune to status effects and knockdown.

As a Nyx player,am quite happy that i can toggle Absorb. Should open up new possibilities.

Overall, just wanted to say thanks to DE for supporting the game to make it more enjoyable :D

Warframe isn't all about playing 2 Hour Survival Missions or Wave 100 Endless Defense, the content of Warframe allows players to play wherever they want, whenever they want.

Most of us who have gone past murcury and rank 10 realize that endless defense / survival is about all thats 'fun' to do that doesn't include gimpling ourselves. As it is right now, its the only 'end game' we have.

This is the best solution to frames, finally you guys decided to make a step

the clone-and-bladestorm style is a cliche but i'd enjoy it more now !

(although the part where "if the enemy is still alive it will re-attack" sounds abit op? i do want to hear others opinions on this)

the changes to banshee and nyx is also great, balancing for trinity is nice too

but i'd hope mag and excal too have buffs, for example slash dash should be copying the mellee weapons damage + or multiplied by the slash dash ability because its awkward to see how my slide attack is stronger than slash dash lol. radial javelin needs tweaking too, as for mag , i cant see how to buff her abilities...or perhaps magnetizing effect after mag finishes her crush skill, why not add utility for the finisher right? thats just my opinion 

Edited by Ritchel

DON'T GOD DAMN NERF TRINITY......lol

without Invincible,her will becoming a sack of SXXT like FROST..........

DE...,DON'T BE A IDIOT PLEASE= =

just let go of trinity, or delete her since she's trash to only "you".

Though I am not that happy with the changes to Trinity, guess we will just have to wait and see.

I rarely see trinities in public games so dont think that might change too much.

the only trinity i see in games are "invite only" or "private", "clan"

and those are to farm for mods.

Most of us who have gone past murcury and rank 10 realize that endless defense / survival is about all thats 'fun' to do that doesn't include gimpling ourselves. As it is right now, its the only 'end game' we have.

no need to go to high defense/survival for fun-game for your endless.

just un equip all your mods you have on your WF,Guns,Melee n play.

So instead of properly balancing most of these abilities, you're just adding a toggle? Seriously?

Yeah, i'm stoked for the Ash buff but it's still not going to kill anything past level 15-20. Shuriken will still be useless. Psychic Bolts will still be useless. If you have a such a problem with Absorb and Soundwabe holding you in place, why not revamp them entirely?

You're not really fixing or balancing anything, you're just moving things around and making it sound good. This is a great start, don't get me wrong, keep chugging like this but seriously, stop being scared to buckle down and balance and tweak and just do it instead of distracting us with a new weapon every few hotfixes.

Edit: Not to mention, you're not even saying you're going to look at frames like Oberon, who has almost entirely useless abilities.

Edited by Foostini

my 2 cents :

trin ult.

instant cast, 1s invul then what you want. in a high level mission, when your life is bitten your lifespan is 2s, if you re tough.

toggable skill, super good news, peculiarly for nova.

you want her to be balanced ? just make m prime a toggle ability, something like : when channeled, 30m radius affected by range, refreshed by 2s pulses the dmg buff is stacking by 25% stackable 3 times, same for the dmg, 400,800,1200 affected by power strengh.

i heavily doubt it will be abused like it is now, and it will look good. for the animation, perhaps just make a loop on a palm-touching-ground ?

Trinity

Changes to Blessing are necessary but this is not a good solution. Players will probably just drop Trinity completely.

Banshee

Seems like a good solution, providing the area of silence is suitably large.

Ash

Positive changes, effectiveness compared to other Warframes will dictate success.

Changes to Nyx, Vol and Hydroid will have no impact on gameplay. Nyx needs Psychic bolts to be effective and reliable, Volt is quite good ATM and Hydroids puddle is still silly and pointless tainting an otherwise successful ability set.

Edited by kadun

Also if Undertow is now togable, does that mean mooving will not cancel it?

Wut about let us moove while undertow , let us moove the whole pool  at the speed of the old crawler, could be kind of fun

also could we be able to activate it in air? (since we can actually do it while wall runing and the transformation should not require solid ground)

Edited by Tsoe

Blessing now works based on the percent of damage was healed.

Lets say in a team of four we have Trinity, Rhino, Nova and Ash.

Trinity and Rhino have been playing it safe and have full health (0% damaged), Ash is down to half (50% damaged) and Nova is almost dead (95%). To save her Trinity blessess refilling all hp and granting damage reduction based on how much was healed. Rhino and Trinity get no dr because they where at full, Ash now has 50% dr and Nova is almost immune because she took so much damage.

It's to encourage reactive power use and careful damage management.

And there I see two napalms and a bombard coming to wipe out trinity and rhino.. Sigh..

My suggestion:

Blessing should grant damage reduction depending on the warframe's current HP, to be worth a thing and fair to everybody in the team if you intend to change it so drastically. Which means the lower HP drops, the tougher you become.

This has probably already been told in the 14 pages, but how will Nyx's Absorb deal damage if it's toggleable ? Wouldn't it mean that spamming 4 would cost almost no energy and deal that minimum 800 dmg that it's supposed to deal?

While the Trinity reworks aren't perfect, at least in my opinion, they're a step in the right direction.  No more invulnerability while I rez a partner, but as long as I can still fullheal the party instantly, I can deal with that.

Actually, Ash has BEEN a great solo warframe, between his invis and the invulterability window offerred by Bladestorm acting as the perfect escapes from even the most horrible situations. With tons of efficiency added, bladestorm becomes an effective way to survive even in the midst of an army of high level enemies. However, without that duration to protect you any more, he just became yet another clone of all the warframes with AoE damage ults, plus some invis that is inferior to Loki's. NOW he will be mostly useless. Cool looking for a while, but once you get to high level missions, just as worthless as all the other damage pure frames against the enemy stat scaling.

I had a feeling I'd be seeing this from you, Sicon.  C'mon, buddy, if the only way you can stay alive is a bunch of invincibility frames, you're not playing right.  Also, think of it this way- now whenever my Nekros gets pasted across the walls, you can Blade Storm and actually have time to rez me afterwards.

Volt shield im surprised its size is being increased, It might turn into a replacement for snowglobes nerf. Also If you go up against a volt and 2 other frames that hide behind his shield in a ds conflict mission. It is massively challenging.

Thanks for the changes, On Trinity I've always used blessing as a panic button to save a dieing team mate and provide them with an oppurtunity to escape danger. So its good I dont have to change my playstyle for this :). Energy Vampire sounds cool too..

Good work hopefully no1 had any sleepless nights while trying to get this balance stuff done

Two notes of observation.

First, Blessing. Personally, I agree with and support this change. Blessing being used reactively turns it into exactly what any ult should be: a panic button. Twofold problem:

One, casting Blessing in the ideal scenario when everyone has lost the same amount of health will automatically turn most squishy frames into tanks and tanks into the relative equivalent of squishy frames. Good for the casters and stealth frames, less so for the tanks themselves. Again, idealized scenario - not likely beyond a certain level.

Two, casting Blessing when everyone is at different health levels. For example, lets say the team's Nova just died for the third time this match, everyones' Sanctuaries have run out and you're getting creamed. Trinity casts Blessing - so the Rhino who's reviving Nova gets a buff, not so much the Loki whose stealth JUST ran out, or the Nova herself once she's picked up. In this case, the rich get richer and the poor get killed. This is more likely, especially at higher levels, since at least the Rhino has some mitigation to last until the last vestiges of his health get healed back to a point of any significant mitigation.

Bottom line from these two? The change to Blessing creates a very inconsistent result. That's not necessarily a bad thing for what you're trying to do, but Trinity needs something more consistent and proactive to go in hand with this. The ideal candidate to step up to the plate would be Well of Life, but currently all it provides is healing which is easily outclassed by Blessing, despite the cost efficiency (you can't really argue with "infinite range 1397 health, 1290 shields and damage reduction you don't have to work for").

Second, Nova. The only area that Nova needs toned down is Molecular Prime, and only for two things: it does too much for one ability (slowing, increasing damage AND dealing AoE), and players can spam it more than Blessing because it only gets buffed by Fleeting Expertise. The AoE damage in itself has been relatively balanced since Damage 2.0, really - on top of being literally the whole point of the ability before implementation.

The best fix here is nothing fancy or game-changing: Remove the slow, give it a Power in Use error, and let it be affected by Power Duration. This solves all of her issues - she keeps her utility, she's no less effective to her players, but she stops spamming. Yes, her ultimate still obliterates rooms at low level, but so does almost everyone else's.

Beyond that, I actually recommend buffing the rest of her skillset slightly - spread out the CC from Molecular Prime so players don't have to default to her ultimate every time someone gives their Glass Cannon a dirty look.

Side note, please, change back whatever was done to Wormhole in 11.5. The projected endpoint keeps snapping to the nearest wall, creating a total travel distance of 2 inches unless outdoors.

Tread lightly with the changes to Trinity and Nova, few appreciate the act of humbling game-breakers.

Edited by Archwizard

Warframe isn't all about playing 2 Hour Survival Missions or Wave 100 Endless Defense, the content of Warframe allows players to play wherever they want, whenever they want. If I just want to level up some new gear, acquire a certain resource, experiment with features so I can add to the wiki, or just hang back and be a badass ninja, Warframe gives me the freedom to do so. I'd rather not have people looking down players playing how they want just because they're "Mercury dwellers".

I think this guy summed it best honestly. The amount of elitism steaming from this thread is awful and one of the few reasons I avoid these forum "discussions", as nothing is actually discussed, just *@##$ed about. I dont think I've seen a single frame not mentioned and complained about in this thread alone.