Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Ability Changes

[DE]Rebecca

"Bleed: a DoT that inflicts 35% of your weapon or power's base damage per tick (7 ticks in 6 seconds). This damage bypasses shields, and is not affected by armor or enemy resistances."

so bleed proc is 35% over 7 ticks? 245% bonus?

this means

Shuriken which deals (2*500) with bleed (2*500)*245%, will deal 3450 damage?

and Blade Storm which deals 2000 with bleed 2000*245% will deal 6900 damage to 15 targets?  (max mods base of 4,580 = 15801 damage total)

this seems like alot, when other frames ultimate's are all dealing 1000?

or is my slash math wrong?

35% of 500=175*7= 1225, so 1725 damage. The 35% is the amount of damage done each tick not a cumulative %. As I read it anyway.

Trinity:

-Blessing:  Damage immunity is now based on the percentage of health healed (ie: healing 90% health will grant 90% immunity).  This should make the use of Blessing more reactive, greatly benefiting players that pay attention and monitor party health to maximize its effectiveness.

Trinity by design was never meant to have such an aggressive means of invincibility, and this fix should bring Blessing’s use back in line with our original intent.  Spamming it at full health will now have no benefit.

-Energy Vampire:  Will now pulse one last burst from the victim when it dies, releasing any remaining energy; this should make the power useful even when the enemy is killed prematurely.

Banshee:

-Silence: Is now a radial ranged effect that moves with you. As enemies enter the radius/area, they experience a ‘sonic disturbance’ which they react to. This disturbance deafens the targets and affects their awareness.

-Sound Quake: Players can now control when to deactivate Sound Quake, with the option to toggle it on or off.  Sound Quake will consume energy per second while active.

Nyx:

-Absorb: Players can now toggle Absorb on or off.

Both toggling changes to Nyx and Banshee will give players more freedom instead of being locked in place while the rest of your team runs around.  It should also add a nice element of resource management to both Warframes, rather than being stuck in place at the cost of X energy.

Volt:

Shield: increased size of Volt’s Shield for better team usage.

Hydroid:

Undertow: will now be toggleable.

Ash - (coming around a few more corners, likely to follow the rest of the above changes at a later week):

-Shuriken: Added forced bleed proc to attacks, no change to base damage.  This should help buff the damage to Shuriken without making its direct damage over-the-top.

-Teleport: Enemies are now open to finishers when teleported to, giving it more aggressive utility in order to make Teleport more appealing for use in combat.

-Blade Storm: Now produces clones of Ash, enabling him to kill more targets quickly.  Ash will also re-attack targets if they survive the initial attack.  Added forced bleed procs to Blade Storm strikes.

The change to Blade Storm should also shorten the amount of time a player is stuck in Blade Storm dramatically, without a reduction in damage or looking cool.

*cracks knuckles* Time for thorough feedback!

Trinity

* Blessing - While interesting, it seems a bit underwhelming for an ultimate now. There are a few things I'd propose to keep it more useful:

1) Keep the "more health healed = more damage resistance", but also give a minimum guaranteed damage reduction of about 10/20/30/40% (for each rank respectively) or so.

2) WAY faster casting time.

3) Possibly revive Tenno that are bleeding out

* Energy Vampire - Sounds good enough. If you could make it scale better with duration, that'd be neat too, but this change sounds good enough for now I guess.

Banshee

* Silence - Sounds like a nice buff I guess. And from the description it sounds like it could potentially very, very briefly stun targets that are affected (although, I guess it doesn't, right?). Banshee has very low survivability, so adding that would be a neat, almost necessary, bonus.

* Sound Quake - Actually, I still don't like it. I'd rather it become more like Archwizard's Acoustic Mine: It does the same thing as Sound Quake, however, instead of done by Banshee channeling the skill, it is done by Banshee laying down a mine/bomb of sorts, which an enemy has to get inside of its detonation range to activate it. Then it keeps going by itself, untied to Banshee's position and actions etc. Just to make her mobile and not rooted in place, so she can take advantage of the stunlock herself!

Nyx

* Absorb - If it doesn't drain energy per second, but rather just becomes deactivatable any time during its effect, then I'd love it. Otherwise, I'd hate it (I really don't like Toggle skills, that's why).

* Psychic Bolts - What about them? They utterly suck, you know that right? Quick buffproposals that would be relatively easy to do:

1) Reduce cost to 35 energy

2) Make them always stagger or ministun enemies they hit

3) Make them phase through walls (maybe harder to program?)

4) Make them ALWAYS go for a guaranteed headshot!

Volt

* Electric Shield - That's nice, but it still doesn't solve its dissynergy with Speed. Some more additions to it would be great:

1) Activate the skill, and it is summoned floating in front of Volt, wherever he is aiming. Then activate the skill again while floating in front of him, and he places it in the world (like he does now). Alternatively, summon them in the world like now, but make them pick-up-able (like datamasses) as frontal shields that follow where you aim.

2) Potential extra little bonus: If an enemy touches the shield, they could be hurt by minor electrical damage.

All of a sudden it can have SYNERGY with Speed!

Hydroid

* Undertow - Ummm, it already is toggleable (just move for a bit during the skill and he cancels the skill).

Ash

Now to probably my fav frame, one I have used a LOT already.

* Shuriken - Nice buff, HOWEVER, it doesn't solve its main problem: It has NO utility! Can it at the very least STAGGER the enemies as well?

* Teleport - That's neat, but that brings out a huge issue: Finisher damage is horrendously low + they are much slower than normal strikes! Its change is nice, if a few other things are changed as well:

1) Finishers (and stealth-finishers) need to be massively buffed in damage. They don't scale at all (programming oversight, due to still being linked to the old chargeattacks I presume?)

2) Finishers (and stealth-finishers and ground-finishers) need to be activatable with a different key than melee, so that you aren't locked into lengthy animations. The actionbutton (Default X) seems like a good way to activate them.

* Bladestorm - That's quite a decent buff to it. But it doesn't solve one of its main issues + a question:

1) It still lacks utility! How about making it so that targets hit by Bladestorm are ragdolled or knocked down as well?

2) Now when Bladestorm adds to the melee counter, do the clones provide their attackcounts for Ash?

That's all assuming that the enemy targeted with WoL doesn't get killed instantly by the rest of the party, and said party members stick near enough to said enemy to get the benefits of the skill, which almost never happens in my experience.

If it WORKED for most parties (or any PUG group for that matter), I'd be with you whole-heartedly. But it doesn't. Especially not when compared to Blessing which can heal the entire group across the entire map, no matter how spread out the group gets, and gives other benefits, like invulnerability on top of that.

Except, you know, enemies targeted by WoL get massive health boosts and health returned is based on damage dealt in total, not on damage dealt over time.

You have a point with the pugs wandering off, but that's just a case of communication. "Hey bro, I see you're low on health. I'll drop a WoL so you can fill up. Shoot the guy glowing green."

I mean, don't get me wrong, I like Blessing as it is now. But the draw is the invincibility, not the health regen.

Ash... the most ninja of all space ninjas becomes even more ninja...

In a word...

EPIC!

Are ash's clones similar to specters? WIll they stay for a few seconds and melee stuff, or are they there just to speed up blade storm?

I will answer this with certainty tomorrow when I hear back, good question.

I will have to see if this was ever addressed, but I am hoping no... just for Bladestorm purposes. Merely the fact that Ash can carry out a complete Bladestorm in a short enough timeframe to limit "kill-stealing" is good enough, not need to go overboard on this and make his Shadows start carrying out their own agenda.

One request...

Please fix Ash's Immortal Skin!!!

I only own 4 Immortal Skins (Volt, Nekros, Oberon, & Rhino... the four best looking, imho... and considering Ember's for my Ember Prime), and if their presentation is indicative of all Immortal Skins, then Tint Color 4 areas are the regions that are illuminated when Channeling. On Ash's Immortal Skin, Tint Color 4 is his back, underarms, and inner thighs, along with parts of his feet... why?  Why not have the AWESOME Lotus Symbols all over his chest, arms, and back be illuminated by channeling? That would be a much cooler looking effect than the current. Those regions are currently colored by Primary. They should be swapped.

Actually there needs to be a whole bunch of swapping going on with Ash's color regions. His Tint Color 3 should be Primary. But attention needs to be paid to the differences between Immortal and Standard, as just swapping the Tint Color 3 and Primary on his standard skin would not be a good idea. His two skins are the closest of the ones I have seen, with the other requiring large amounts of color reorganization. Ash's should be the same, lol, but with the end result being a better look while channeling.

Also, while we are at it, why not add channeling effect when he executes Bladestorm?  Oooooh... coolness factor overload!  ;-)

While I am on the topic of Immortal Skins, Rhino's needs to be looked at as well... see here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/207529-rhino-prime-immortal-skin-issue-and-iron-skin-redesign-suggestion/page-2#entry2575350

Well since you guys are going to make changes to Volt and Nyx (amazing changes btw, the toggle option for Nyx absorb is amazingawesomefukingfinaly adition xD)

I play warframe since it was release on steam (begin of update 7, I have more than 1200h of gameplay) and Volt and Nyx are my favorite warframes, Volt was my starter warframe. 

I really miss the old visual effects of Volt's powers, the shock effect was like the ones from the arc traps (the new one of update 13, looks like blue espageti, and not shock effects) would be nice if you guys can bring the old shock effect back, would be nice too if you guys bring back the old animation for the overload's power, this one:

that was the most badass pose ever! (the video is from before update 7, but i think you guys changed the animation of Volt's overload in the update 9 or 10, I can't remember correctly with one was)

And  for Nyx, you should bring back the old light effect on her arm,  the one with kinda noise effect, that one was realy unique and amazing! (I think it was changed to the new one in the update 9) the new one  we can barely see it :/

That's all my suggestions, I realy hope you guys see it, the new power changes are realy good, cant wait to play with them, keep up the good work DE! 

As a trinity user i love to watch peoples health and i like that there is a plus to doing that said thing. But also using link on higher level enemys i know that even (75%?i think it is) is not all that helpful. What if when you use your 4th to heal everyone it hits 100% at start, stays like this for at least 2-3 seconds then depending on how much HP you had it would go down slower or faster. IE you had 5% HP the dam protection would drop considerably slower then if you had 95% health on activation. 

*Edit* Possibly have it go from 100% to the % that was healed. such if you had 10% Hp left it would go from 100% to 90% protection in lets say 5 seconds then would not drop from there. or if you had only lost 5% HP it would drop from 100% to the 5% protection in the same amount of time. 

Edited by AIiolos

DE never play 40-50 min+ on survival or 50+ waves on defense missions! Again one unnecessary change!!! Remember Rhino iron skin and Frost snow globe! DE change something, after this failed and BUMM need rethink! Unnecessary work and time.

90% immunity is not immunity. It's a damage reduction. On that topic yeah people just won't be able to go that high in defense/survival anymore, so basically a trinity blessing nerf affect every single player that's into that kind of thing. Me, i'll just go selfish mode and bless myself when i need it. 

Also, where the hek is psychic bolts revamp? How can that possibly not make the list?

As a trinity user i love to watch peoples health and i like that there is a plus to doing that said thing. But also using link on higher level enemys i know that even (75%?i think it is) is not all that helpful. What if when you use your 4th to heal everyone it hits 100% at start, stays like this for at least 2-3 seconds then depending on how much HP you had it would go down slower or faster. IE you had 5% HP the dam protection would drop considerably slower then if you had 95% health on activation. 

*Edit* Possibly have it go from 100% to the % that was healed. such if you had 10% Hp left it would go from 100% to 90% protection in lets say 5 seconds then would not drop from there. or if you had only lost 5% HP it would drop from 100% to the 5% protection in the same amount of time. 

One of my favorite changes with the UI update was the ability to toggle Squadmate Health as Always On in the settings... even tho I am not a Trinity player (and it seems DE wants to keep it that way... :-P ), I keep it on. It is esp. helpful when you are in a defense or survival as you can see when someone is getting swarmed and try to find them to help before they go down. It also helps when I am playing Oberon, tho the distance issue is, well, an issue.

And I am not clear on something... If Trinity casts Blessing when she is 90% and a squadmate is 10%, does that mean the she gets a 10% "immunity" and the squadmate gets a 90% "immunity", or does EVERYBODY have to suffer from the "ill-timed" 10% immunity of the caster? If the latter, then Blessing will basically go the way of the dodo... Hopefully it is the former.

Speaking of healing, for the next round of "balances", can we get a fix to Oberon's Renewal to give health to Sentinels??? It is very annoying that it does not... I mean, why shouldn't it? Doesn't Blessing??

I have no comment until the changes take place. If done wrong I will try to find a way to express my displeasure that will not leave anyone butt hurt and spamming the report post link. That or I will go play something else for 3-4 weeks while the forums are full of rage and some people stop playing the game.

Reduce Blessing casting time at least thrice. Otherwise everyone just will die while Trinity casts this skill. Because now she will always wait until her or someone's health drops less than 50%. But taking heavy damage upon health when you fight against group of 40+ level enemies means in most cases you will lay on the ground and ask for reviving in the next two seconds.

PS: Anyway I don't like how you want to change Blessing. Especially if it goes without high level enemies damage nerfing.

Edited by AntLion

I agree with the blessing changes, but I do think that reducing the cast time to "damn near instant" is very important if it's going to be used as a sort of reactionary heal as opposed to a prepared invincibility. It would be quite difficult to predict how much damage your team is going to be suddenly taking and then start casting Blessing 3 seconds in advance. 

I still think that players should be able to freely use Ash's wristblades, it would similar to valkyr but instead of being invulnerable you can teleport at reduced energy cost. You would also toggle on/off to activate the stance.

Question about the nyx toggle thing.

So the idea is you can control how long absorb goes for, right?

Well that's all well and good for players wanting to get on with the game and cut off their absorb early, but does that also mean players can absorb for longer? If that has the same mana cost I could see players equip energy siphon and be in a constant state of absorb, I don't want to see defense missions with nyx sitting in her little absorb bubble for hours at a time. I'm sure that's not how it's set up, but I'd like a clearer explanation of how that's going to work.

I will answer this with certainty tomorrow when I hear back, good question.

I too would like to know this, awaiting a response!

Anyway - I haven't read all of this thread (23 pages and need to grab lunch soon, sue me gentlemen), but I want to address some potential concerns about Ash. First, will Shuriken have punch-through or increased "homing intelligence", so to speak? Right now it can be stopped dead by obstacles, and more often than not simply flies into a wall instead of actually tracking a target you've locked onto.

Also, will melee/stealth finishers deal dramatically increased damage? At the moment, stealth attacks simply fail to kill anything past level 35 or so - if you're lucky it'll maybe halve their HP and piss them off, at which point you better be packing some heat because they'll trip an alarm and call down the whole ship on you. I deal more damage by ignoring the prompt and dicing my victim, cloaked or not.

Greetings Tenno,

We’ve got an Update coming ‘just around the corner’ on PC that includes balance changes to several Warframes. We have talked about this for a while on our Streams, and this post will give a look at what kind of changes are coming.

Here are the details at what what changes dev has in mind for each Trinity, Banshee, Nyx, Volt, Hydroid, and later Ash, and as always keep in mind that the following list is still subject to change.

Ash - (coming around a few more corners, likely to follow the rest of the above changes at a later week):

-Shuriken: Added forced bleed proc to attacks, no change to base damage.  This should help buff the damage to Shuriken without making its direct damage over-the-top.

-Teleport: Enemies are now open to finishers when teleported to, giving it more aggressive utility in order to make Teleport more appealing for use in combat.

-Blade Storm: Now produces clones of Ash, enabling him to kill more targets quickly.  Ash will also re-attack targets if they survive the initial attack.  Added forced bleed procs to Blade Storm strikes.

The change to Blade Storm should also shorten the amount of time a player is stuck in Blade Storm dramatically, without a reduction in damage or looking cool.

These changes are all terrible and not in anyway near what Ash needs to have to make him better. Ash is all about fast, precise and devastating strikes, generally towards single or small group of targets. 

What he needs is a bit more utility that keeps him fast and deadly and perhaps gives him some kind of aoe damage.

Teleport: Free to aim and chain-able. Simple and effective.

Shuriken: Armor ignore and bleed proc. Faster casting for rapid killing would be great too.

Smoke Bomb. Have it effect allies in close range for half the duration time of the caster's. Will make reviving (which Ash players are defaulted to cause he sucks currently) much better in general.

Blade Storm: Should be a Storm of Blades, plain and simple. Projectile/AoE damage of some kind, giving him a bit of CC/ranged ability.

That's it. Enjoy!

I will have to see if this was ever addressed, but I am hoping no... just for Bladestorm purposes. Merely the fact that Ash can carry out a complete Bladestorm in a short enough timeframe to limit "kill-stealing" is good enough, not need to go overboard on this and make his Shadows start carrying out their own agenda.

One request...

if they did it would actually make a no kill required melee only version of shadows of the death, which may hurt nekros.

how about each shadow rush to enemy, makes 1 or 2 hits and disappears that way you could concentrate all the hits on a single target. and carry your shadows with you if no enemy is near on cast

Here's my proposed changes to the current blessing changes.

Base 50% DR (damage reduction) at max rank plus additional DR based on half of the %health healed.

Examples:

- at 100% hp, blessing provides 50% DR.

- at 50% hp, blessing provides 50% DR + 25% DR (from half of 50% hp healed) for a total of 75% DR.

- at 10% hp, blessing provides 50% DR + 45% DR (from half of 90% hp healed) for a total of 95% DR.

This follows the idea of providing DR based on how much hp was healed while still benefiting players at full health. This allows more blessing spam than the current change but there are still some risks with spamming. It still encourages Trinity players to watch teammates' health and use blessing when health is lost. This is more of a middle point between the current blessing and the proposed blessing changes.

Since we're working with %hp healed, why not add these changes to Oberon's renewal?

- Renewal initially restores X health + (% missing health) for Y duration.

- Renewal provides % DR based on initial %missing health for the entire duration.

- If player reaches full health the healing and DR ends early.

This allows Oberon to feel more paladin-like by allowing him to better protect his wounded teammates.

Since we're working with %hp healed, why not add these changes to Oberon's renewal?

- Renewal initially restores X health + (% missing health) for Y duration.

- Renewal provides % DR based on initial %missing health for the entire duration.

- If player reaches full health the healing and DR ends early.

This allows Oberon to feel more paladin-like by allowing him to better protect his wounded teammates.

while i would like for oberon to have a way to increase at least his own defense, perhaps in exchange for higher agro, as a simple healing in a mixed role frame renewal seems good to me, actually someone back there proposed to make trinity healing equal to oberons which means it cant be that bad.

still oberon most urgent change is on hallowed ground which right now makes little damage and has no utility, they could at least make it an area denial or add either a slow effect or a stun + forced radiation proc. i literally never use mine as it is now