[DE]Rebecca

Warframe Ability Changes

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Toggle Invisibility Loki ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Toggle Invisibility Loki ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

• Upvote 4

Trinity not single handedly taking you to wave 100+ anymore = "Trinity is useless"

lol

I guess all the other frames who don't have overpowered broken skills are useless too right?

You were trying to be sarcastic, but if we are talking about late T3 gameplay, then yes: Frames without "overpowered" abilities are useless.  Level 80+ enemies can kill you basically instantly. The only ways to survive are to either become invulnerable, or to break combat.  Trinity makes the team invulnerable, that's why she is useful.  Frames like Excal (blind), Loki (disarm), Nyx (chaos), these all break combat and makes the fight one-sided in favor of the players.  How many Oberons or Zephyrs do you see doing hour long T3 defense or survival? Answer: none. Because they are useless in that context.

• Upvote 6

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring back the frost avalanche from february. IT WAS AMAZING fun and useful. IT HAD SYNERGY WITH HIS OTHER ABILITIES.

I was really hoping that this would be back by now. Everyone has adapted to not need or see frost globes everywhere anymore. Because there isnt a frame that frost can beat out at anything hes useless now. His CC avalanche was a godsend and should be brought back. The way it was bugged was also amazing too. If you specced for range it cced if you specced with out range it was a high dmg nuke. Like tbh it couldnt have been better.

frost is just a hollow snowman trying to survive the summer heat.

• Upvote 2

The Trinity change is not that great at all. It gimps her use in "late game" survival and defense mission types. I think if you were to do anything to her at all is make the range on it not infinite. Just the pure ability to heal and give invincibility from the other side of the entire level was the only thing over the top with this frame. I understand the idea to want her to not be the we all cant die frame, but this proposed change will in my opinion gimp her out of the game for good, thus killing the only true healing frame.

Good.  A late game enabled by pressing 4 every 30 seconds is not worthwhile.  "Eng game" survival/defense has been propped up by these kinds of nonsense abilities for far too long.

Edited by Aggh

Did you ASK if we wanted blade storm changed? NO!!!! Usually I have been happy with your changes, and some changes are good, but NO to the blade storm change!!! This is my favorite move, and the vanishing and reappearing of Ash makes this, in my opinion, his signature move. I do agree that he should re-attack an enemy that has not died due to his attack, but for gosh darn sake don't go changing the whole flipping move! Ash is one of my favorite Tenno. I would HATE to stop using him because of this rather stupid and unnecessary change. As an option, this change would be good and add variety. I wish to keep ASh's blade storm as it is...... Cool, and deadly.

• Upvote 1

While I'll be happy to see the Energy Vampire change, I am heavily worried about the Trinity changes...

…Especially, the Blessing changes... Right now, all Trinity really has going for her is survivability, in that she can keep herself and a party alive indefinitely if she's built right and used properly, but that is ONLY because of Blessing.

While I agree that being invulnerable constantly is an issue (and a rather large one for that frame, since Blessing is almost universally used for preventing all damage instead of actually healing) I feel nerfing it in terms of taking away/reducing that invulnerability, in any respect, is only treating the symptom of a larger problem; mainly that Trinity is essentially ONLY ever used for Blessing's invulnerability, it's healing being only a secondary bonus to the skill, and most people build her entirely around increasing the duration of said invulnerability with little consideration for anything else.

Personally, I'm irked because this is the second time this frame has received a nerf like this. The first time being her Link ability getting a similar rework as this upcoming one that made it so that Link became a REDUCTION in taken damage when the skill is used instead of having it be an overall damage AVOIDANCE (in the case of Link, it was 100% damage reflection to a single nearby enemy, that would link to other enemies as they died until the skill ran out) like it used to be. This meant that previous to that change a Trinity could go temporarily invulnerable, at least on her own, and melee enemies (even toxic ancients), and run through any amount of mobs without fear for as long as the skill was active. For people who mained Trinity (like myself), when this change happened we were unhappy, but dealt with it, because we at least has Blessing to keep us standing if we NEEDED it to do things like run across an entire map to pick up a downed party member. Now that's going to be gone as well?

What bothers me even more is, most of the time when I use Blessing to actually HEAL someone, it's not to heal myself, it's to heal someone like a beginner Excalibur who's down to 10% health when I'm full, or to save a party member across the map who needs health even when I personally don't. How is it helping me, the healer, or the rest of my party, to have the damage reduction/invulnerability tied to how much health is restored when:

1.) A team's health never goes down as a whole, it always goes down individually, leading to Random amounts of damage reduction actually being given out to the party when Blessing is used.

2.) As a healer, I rarely end up using healing for myself. Meaning, if I'm focusing on healing everyone else I'm getting the short end of the stick because I'll usually be closest to full health, and thus receiving less damage reduction personally, effectively punishing me for focusing on others because I'm getting little to no benefit from using the skill myself.

• I also see this leading to one of two outcomes. Either good Trinities who focus on other people will get little to no damage reduction for themselves, or Blessing will end up reserved for when the Trinity is the one lowest on health, so that the caster ends up with the best benefits of the buff possible regardless of what kind of situation the rest of the party is in or how much they need healed. Neither of which are good outcomes.

3.) Anything short of a max, 90% damage reduction is going to be unnoticeable and useless. This will force healing to be a reactionary race to press 4 as late as possible as party mate’s health does an inexorable drop towards zero and you pray the animation completes before they die.

4.) You are removing a main mechanic that makes Trinity effective, which is giving her the ability to stay on her feet longer than just about any other frame so she can support/pick up other party members.

5.) You are removing a main mechanic that gives Trinity flexibility, since she lacks in ANY real damage dealing, tanking, mobility, or crowd control capacities.

6.) You are removing a key mechanic that adds to the ability of entire parties to take on very-high level content (mainly enemies 100-200lvl+). I’m sure this fact isn’t lost on anyone who has ever played that far. You INSTANTLY die on just about any frame without Blessing to support and keep you alive. Even a maximum damage mitigation of 90%, since it will be impossible to keep up indefinitely, won’t be enough to support the kind of “end-game” enemy levels that people currently enjoy. This is especially true because in order to get that maximum buff, you’d have to let everyone’s health drop exceedingly low (and as a healer, anything less than half to three-quarters full on health is “low” to me), hitting that exceedingly low health level is something that will take seconds, if that, in high level missions, meaning your party could be dead before you could even cast Blessing to heal if you’re trying to time things properly in order to hit that maximum possible damage reduction buff.

So, while I’m happy to see the Energy Vampire change, I’m very, very worried about the Blessing change. I can only hope that if this change DOES go through, Trinity will get something else to help offset it and keep her useful.

Edited by Jeahanne
  • Upvote 15

Would be interesting to see this carry over to other frames too... maybe shock, World on Fire, etc.

Toggle-able skills would be VERY cool... But at the same time it might render warframe ability duration mods obsolete for certain skills.

Imagine invisibility on Loki as a toggle-able skill.... *drool*

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Toggle Invisibility Loki ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

I think there will still be duration but you can cancel the move prematurely

Pretty good balance sheet, been waiting for both Banshees and Ash's rework/balance thing. 

~Eagerly waiting to test them out again~

I definitely wanted to see Blessing brought down to reasonable levels (and maybe a little bit lower because of all the god-mode apologists, I'm sorry), but I don't think this change is the way to go.

Blessing's cast time is horrendous, and when is the last time you saw someone "low on health" (as opposed to "slightly hurt" or "plain dead").
There's hardly any middle-ground in WF when it comes to health: you either take shield damage and take cover or you die in 2 shots.

Edited by The_Doc
  • Upvote 5

ASH:

While I do agree with the changes I think that shuriken will still be next to useless. Why not apply some of the mechanics that go into Valkyr's Hysteria? Like using melee weapon damage, or considering it's shuriken which is a secondary weapon maybe make it scale of that or use some of the mods you have on your secondary weapon.

Heh suggested that Ash should make "smoke/shadow copies" of himself to all strike all the bladestorm targets at the same time ages and ages ago, nice that it's actually happening, I might actually use him again, haven't since I got my second frame.

Edited by KriLL3

so you're complaining the healer would have to focus on healing and not being a god mode switch? what kind of sorcery is this?

also i really hope it gets a wide range and not the current whole cell range so they make trinity move.

by the way if it still pushes everyone to full health it would be kinda hard to get downed that fast again, but i guess a minimum damage reduction of 30%-50% would counter both arguments.

i have trouble calling god mode fans "serious trinity players"

Range on Blessing? That would be awesome.

I don't mean to say that god mode is good. I merely mean people who play a lot of Trinity now and might be playing a lot of trinity after. I know a lot of people just play for god mode. This is bad and the change is a good thing. Just not sure if its clear.

trinity still got her forgotten skills. with the change to blessing well of life and energy vampire will become much more needed but only EV got a needed look at. and then theres link, im not sure anyone would use link with this new blessing.

nyx's psychic bolt are still next to impossible to use. absorb is now a neat defensive skill and might be able to outdo frost on pod defense. chaos might need a max enemy counter, and its affinity/drop bug fixed along with a really good skill that can still take a team to 2h survival, why would you not look into it?

banshee's silence sounds (lelpun) counterproductive. will it be toggleable? her 1 also needs a severe looking at, it has a short range and the ragdolling is too short to make anything good for her. her 4 might still have low damage. was it intended as a utility skill?

volt and hydroid looks nicer. i swear hydroid might need a looking at because his 1 is not just slow, it also cuts on reload. also natural talent has a weird effect on the number of bolts. would it hurt to make his 4 last less and do more damage? its hurting the spawns on survival.

ash is a bleeding edgy mess. bleed proc will not fix shuriken, most enemies will die before bleed does all of its damage, and its not like firedancediscoball that can make a small room of infested stop to dance. im not sure i like teleport linked to stealth attacks, it sounds exploitable mostly because weapon damage is much higher that many skills. smoke screen really should be changed, as it is its just a lame copy of loki's invis that could stun targets near ash. blade storm sounds good but once again bleed proc does nothing interesting, whats the point of it, make the 2000 base damage turn into 8000 over 6 seconds? it will still not save the fact most mobs and heavies dies in under 2 seconds. they could be punctured, knockdowned or even staggered in order to buy the half second the players need to kill the mobs that survive.

• Upvote 1

I can see it now: whole team of Stug and Castanas users sapping their HP then Blessing.

But yeah, please make the highest damage reduction from healing affect the whole team, rather than not helping teammates with full HP and only benefiting that wounded one.

Edited by PsiWarp
  • Upvote 8

I hope they realize that using a toggle for powers is pretty much going to 1)Free up space for modding because you won't need duration mods anymore and 2) People will be spamming their powers more and here is the reason why. Let's use Valkyr as an example, when properly modded I can get her Hysteria to last 59 seconds, but if you set it to toggle based on 1 energy per second based on her energy level of 300 after paying the 100 cost to spam it she will be able to keep hysteria up as long as 3 mins and 33 seconds. Which if that is the case I will definitely be playing Valkyr more than my Rhino Prime:)

Kage Bunshin No Jutsu.

Believe it!

Now you too can live out your Naruto fantasies. Now all he needs is a Hokage helmet.

Runs to change ash colors.... all he needs now is a rasen shuriken. 

You were trying to be sarcastic, but if we are talking about late T3 gameplay, then yes: Frames without "overpowered" abilities are useless.  Level 80+ enemies can kill you basically instantly. The only ways to survive are to either become invulnerable, or to break combat.  Trinity makes the team invulnerable, that's why she is useful.  Frames like Excal (blind), Loki (disarm), Nyx (chaos), these all break combat and makes the fight one-sided in favor of the players.  How many Oberons or Zephyrs do you see doing hour long T3 defense or survival? Answer: none. Because they are useless in that context.

zephyr 3rd skill redirects all incoming bullets, while is not a team ability like the others i have a hard time seeing that as useless.

Oberon spamming 4th can actually stun lock enemies.

and while you think about others frames to complain about let me tell you before hand that there will be a  way to use them too.

• Upvote 1

Runs to change ash colors.... all he needs now is a rasen shuriken. 

Weapon Trails = always on. Weapon energy = light pastel blue. 

Color Glaive light blue paint & energy.

Engage channeling.

THROW

You're welcome! :D

• Upvote 7

Most of the listed ideas for warframe changes sound good and make the warframes more appealing, but I'm concerned about the ideas for Trinity. I'm interested in a more detailed description of how blessing will affect the individuals squad. The description here sounds like blessing will get nerfed which is the best power she has. I'm watching to find out more.

Thank you for an awesome addicting game.

• Upvote 1

Dang. I might actually use Sound Quake or Silence on Banshee now. Thanks DE!

Oh god, I'm waiting for Nova to become useless. DE PLEASE BE GENTLE.

And now I've got to go get Ash again. Tyl is always fun. 8)

Edited by Thirsty_Pickle

My question is how efficiency will be calculated with toggle, will it be duration used/time, and if so what effect will duration have? Does it simply change the.max time an ability can be used in one go?

Edited by UpgradeInProgress