Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Ability Changes

[DE]Rebecca

I would personally like to see Rhino's charge ability tweaked in a fashion similar to these changes. For example, You toggle on his charge ability and from then until you toggle it off he is able to knock enemies to the floor by sprinting into them. This seems more "Rhino" like to me and feels like It would make his charge actually useful. The drain on energy could by a flat number every time he collides with an enemy or something to that effect.

Just a thought. I love the changes thus far :D

there is no kick mechanics i can't see how would you set such rule

simple

make a lobby

ask clan/friends

or simply use recruit chat saying X rule and X rule each time you type

those that follow you invite

and play your game simple as that

How about changing the way defense rewards work, let's say if you are at wave 15 and you decide to leave you will also get the rewards of waves 10 and 5, I think that would make a difference =)

I'm sorry didn't read the "warframe ability" part and got carried away hahaha

Anyway thanks for everything ASH RULES!!!!!!

Edited by gabrielrgt

On people complaining about Trinity no longer being viable for "High Level Play", it should be remembered that Warframe is not balanced for such kind of play. The majority of enemies that players see in non-Survival/Defense missions is around Level 40, which is the highest level you'll see in Solar System maps including Dark Sectors. Alerts, Invasions, and normal missions are the majority of played missions in Warframe, and they're all below that level. Stop assuming that "high level play" on enemy level +100 is the balancing level for Warframe.

That said, people are looking at Blessing wrong when it comes to the upcoming changes. People should not be looking at its damage reduction as the sole benefit of Blessing, but rather the instant health and shield healing, with the damage reduction being a bonus on top. The problem is that people have equated Blessing so much with invulnerability that they see the damage reduction as its only redeeming point, when its actual healing properties are quite formidable as well.

are you sure about this? :

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/198748-optional-mission-survey-feedback-results-a-glance/

can Ash have short range "no target" teleport + long range target teleport forced finisher

also

could you guys remoove homing on Shuriken it make it real lame

i would love some kind of short/mid range no enemy free aim teleport for ash as well.  all in all im really excited.

Trinity:

-Blessing:  Damage immunity is now based on the percentage of health healed (ie: healing 90% health will grant 90% immunity).  This should make the use of Blessing more reactive, greatly benefiting players that pay attention and monitor party health to maximize its effectiveness.

Trinity by design was never meant to have such an aggressive means of invincibility, and this fix should bring Blessing’s use back in line with our original intent.  Spamming it at full health will now have no benefit.

Now, I appreciate that it's annoying to rework the models so they can use the cloth physics, but giving up an on Trinity's lobster skirt and just making it so no one will ever play her again isn't the answer.

I absolutely love the fact that:

1. Shuriken force procs slash, but I can't help but feel that two projectiles aiming onto one enemy are ineffective. Unless I'm mistaken and the procs slash.

2. Bladestorm being faster is absolutely amazing and sounds great.

But, I can't stress how bad Teleport is still even after this "Change". To me I feel that Teleport is a mobility skill meant to move Ash around the map, it does this but in a very absurd way by locking onto a person. So I can't stress that it needs Free Aim, I mean, Nova has a free aim teleport basically, so why can't Ash? I wouldn't even care if the range is halved Ash needs teleport to become a better mobility tool.

That said, people are looking at Blessing wrong when it comes to the upcoming changes. People should not be looking at its damage reduction as the sole benefit of Blessing, but rather the instant health and shield healing, with the damage reduction being a bonus on top. The problem is that people have equated Blessing so much with invulnerability that they see the damage reduction as its only redeeming point, when its actual healing properties are quite formidable as well.

Its healing properties are indeed worthless in comparison to a lot of other ults. Shields regen and a trinity interested in healing just drops a WoL for 1/4th the energy cost plus CCing a given enemy for quite some time.

The E-vamp change is a great thing though.

*snip* ...a trinity interested in healing just drops a WoL for 1/4th the energy cost plus CCing a given enemy for quite some time.

That's all assuming that the enemy targeted with WoL doesn't get killed instantly by the rest of the party, and said party members stick near enough to said enemy to get the benefits of the skill, which almost never happens in my experience.

If it WORKED for most parties (or any PUG group for that matter), I'd be with you whole-heartedly. But it doesn't. Especially not when compared to Blessing which can heal the entire group across the entire map, no matter how spread out the group gets, and gives other benefits, like invulnerability on top of that.

Edited by Jeahanne

you could already stop undertow whenever you wanted by moving though, wether intentional or not this doesnt fix the problem of people purposely keeping mobs inside =/

...that's the entire point of the power. Yes, shame on those people for using the power how it supposed to be used!

about trinity's blessing,

that means, lower health = more immunity.

but what about high level enemies that can kill you with one strike?

you wont have any chance to use the blessing

Maybe people were not intended to be fighting enemies that can one hit without the crutch of an ability that literally makes you invincible, and can almost be continuously chained together.

If the only reason people ever used her was because she was a part of the "endgame" meta, then maybe that's a problem. Whether or not the changes Rebecca has announced are the answer, what isn't the answer is just leaving her untouched so people can continue exploiting her overpowered ability to get to a high level number, and be used for nothing else but that.

Edited by Charismo

So Bladestorm gets a big sexy buff; sweet :3

On the flip side now teleport now slows down speed based melee builds with a finisher you have to wait to finish before engaging new targets and shuriken gets a DoT but no actual utility

(Shamelessly directs to my only post about Ash)

Everything esle is pretty sweet; even if I am going to miss complete invulenerablity on Trinity

+1 DE

Edited by Occonami

Hey, great.  Trinity needed a useless ultimate power!

What's blessing good for?  Negating damage your shield/health couldn't otherwise handle.  You know, content where you get one/two shot?  So how will this play out?

It won't.  Between latency (ping) and reaction time, even if you're on top of it, your fellow tenno will be down before you can hit blessing.  So the other teammates will have no benefit, and the downed person will have no benefit, and the trinity will be out 100 energy.

Why would anyone even equip it?  You don't need blessing for content where you take damage more slowly; that's what Necros health balls are for, and with that comes extra loot.

Here's some suggestions to do instead:

Reduce Blessing's range from infinite, but otherwise leave it the same.  If you want blessing's benefit, you have to stay near the Trinity that cast it.

Remove blessing's ability to make other's invulnerable.  At least Trinity would be invulnerable to say, pick up the fallen tenno you couldn't heal.

Reduce blessing's cost to 25, and make it like this.  You're turning it into a quick health restore for low-level content.  Otherwise it'll be useless.

Make Blessing toggle-able with a significant energy drain instead of an up-front cost with long duration.  That makes the arcane helmet not worth much, but so be it.  Remove health restore and make it health regen, and give it a% damage reduction based on rank up to a maximum of 75%.

Otherwise, just leave it alone.  I don't see how making it entirely useless is better than it being so powerful that it's always used on harder content.

The other changes look possibly useful, but I'll reserve judgement until I see them more in action.  I don't think Banshee's changes will help; she probably needs a complete rework unless you're going to make stealth play more useful.  I like Volt's shield change if it's less blurry; on my screen it's like looking through glass blocks (others report no problem with this so perhaps it's my setup).  I'm not sure how the change for hydroid helps what's ultimately a pointless power but I do think Nyx's change could help.

Banshee:

-Silence: Is now a radial ranged effect that moves with you. As enemies enter the radius/area, they experience a ‘sonic disturbance’ which they react to. This disturbance deafens the targets and affects their awareness.

-Sound Quake: Players can now control when to deactivate Sound Quake, with the option to toggle it on or off.  Sound Quake will consume energy per second while active.

08XAZOD.jpg

Both toggling changes to Nyx and Banshee will give players more freedom instead of being locked in place while the rest of your team runs around.  It should also add a nice element of resource management to both Warframes, rather than being stuck in place at the cost of X energy.

14uhks1_th.gif

all of these ability changes sound great, cant wait to try banshee, nyx and ash esp banshee !

i humbly ask if devs could pleeaasse take this time to consider the small change to avalanche, an inclusion of some sort of freeze effect

simply because this would be the perfect time since so many other frames are receiving changes 

So Bladestorm gets a big sexy buff; sweet :3

On the flip side now teleport gets slowed down with a finisher and shuriken gets a DoT but no actual utility

(Shamelessly directs to my only post about Ash)

Everything esle is pretty sweet; even if I am going to miss complete invulenerablity on Trinity

+1 DE

You don't have to do a finisher to the enemy when you teleport to them, they just get open to one, meaning the have the prompt to perform a finisher on them.

You don't have to do a finisher to the enemy when you teleport to them, they just get open to one, meaning the have the prompt to perform a finisher on them.

I just realized my wording was bad, I was alluding to if you're running a melee build and you teleport you're pretty much forced to use the finisher because it would take to long to switch and with melee weapons based on speed that slows you down as you have to execute that animation before you can move on

admittedly the animation isn't long but I dislike be locked in place

Edited by Occonami

Because of the changes you have just introduced us to DERebecca; It has now opened up lots of questions from the player community and also opportunity as well.

Togglable Skills:

This is a very interesting concept. A skill/ability can be turned on/off at will BUT the cost to keep it active drains energy until it is turned off. That is a fair trade/cost. On the other hand you MAY have killed it's purpose for almost (keyword, almost) all of the skills. The only skill this won't affect is possibly:

Saryn's Molt - Saryn is just casting off dead skin, makes no sense to make this togglable, and since it is now basically a ticking bomb when the skill duration is over.

Loki's Decoy - Loki spawns a holographic projection of himself, although it would be nice to make it a little more realistic.

Vauban's skills - It's all traps, although technically it is deployed by throwing, so there could be a kill switch for his skills, but energy management for Vauban would be too much....

Ash's Smokescreen - This is, as the skill says, a smoke-bomb thrown at the floor to mask Ash's presence. There is possibility for this to be a semi group buff, in that it can mask other team mates, as long as they are in the clouds, and the clouds radius grows bigger with skill rank and range mods. Of course Ash would be the only one with a longer duration of invisibility without needing to be in the smoke cloud.

Hydroid's Tentacle Swarm + Tempest Barrage - Hydroid is basically opening a rift to somewhere (the abyss?) and basically a creature with tentacles (watery-ish) sends its tentacles through to grab/thrash about at enemies. His barrage skill is basically him calling a volley of air strikes (even though it's a high pressured water cannon, it's an aerial strike.)

Zephyr's Tornados - Her tornado skill is basically summoning a tornado that will eventually die out.

Oberon's Hallowed Ground - This skill can be debatable, but then again he is "sanctifying" the ground in front of him. It's like a blessing, which will die out on its own.

Excalibur's Radial Blind - Honestly it'd be pointless to make this togglable. Turning off blindness from basically a flash bang?

Rhino's Roar - This is a buff, it's like a battle cry to boost moral. It's supposed to have a temporary effect, not be togglable.

Valkyr's Warcry - Same as above.

Nekros' Terrify - If you can just turn off fear, then I would be amazed.....

Nova's Nullstar - I don't really see much point....

Ember's Accelerant - My impression of this skill is Ember basically marked the targets with a type of oil or something which is why they get stunned and become more susceptible to fire.

Other skills this may or may not be advantageous to:

Volt's Speed - Why do I say this? This skill seems like it can be togglable. Sometimes you only need that short boost, but not need it to be turned on for that long, just enough to make that jump or just enough to rush to the next room, to clear the room ahead, while team mates are clearing out the previous room.

Frost's Snowglobe - But then again it has an HP bar..... BUT! there are times when it's in the way of team mate's sniping with their sniper rifles or rocket launchers.....But then again.... its uses are for defense... so....might not necessarily be a good idea.....

Vauban's skills - As I have said previously, his skills/traps are deployed by throwing a ball. It could possibly be togglable.....It'd also make him a dangerous trap master than he is, since the balls will probably have a duration set on it, but be togglable.....

Rhino's Ironskin - This has it's own HP bar, but I doubt anyone would really want this toggled off......and I'd imagine players raging about spending energy just to keep it active.

Ember's World On Fire - Well.... why not?

Mag's Bullet Attractor - This skill is pointless for bosses that have invulnerabilities, and only way to hurt them is through their weak points. This skill attracts all projectiles to their center, so it's not always ideal to have it on.

Volt's Overload - Can you imagine someone just spamming this skill till they run out of energy? (fun to watch, but you'd be an idiot to expend all that energy on a single skill all at once)

Rhino's Charge - Haven't you always thought about him just charging forward and possibly stopping when he hits something (wall)?

The concept is nice. Inorder to keep the togglable skills active, you must expend energy to keep it active, turn it off to stop energy drain. Only question is, for these togglable skills.... are there initial energy costs when using the skill? We all know it's simple to stop energy drain by turning it off, but what about for the initial cost to use it?

Edited by VoidWraith

Reactive healing is bad in a game with fast pace non stop actions. Especially in this game where there's no level and damage cap on enemies.

My solution for blessing is, give it a fixed short duration invincible (3~5sec), and turn the old blessing invincible duration into a percentage based rapid health, shield regeneration.

Blessing was:  I cast it while playing trinity for -

A) to make me invulnerable and use my Penta and Link as a massive close quarter AOE damage dealer and simply let me be lazy as I run through any mission.

B) To allow my teammates to be lazy and take no damage through whatever mission

C) To grant immunity to my teammates who need to go rez an overly aggressive player that thought they could be lazy because the trinity on their team.

D) To heal the one guy taking a bunch of damage in a mission I didn't really expect anyone to be taking much damage.

Frankly blessing needed to be changed because A and B were an issue in design, but right now I'm worried about how it works.

If i'm watching health (and usually I do) and I see someone start taking damage to their shields by the time they start taking health damage they more often than not are down by the time I cast blessing.  Now that cast is good to no one if the other players had no health gone?  It does them literally no good.  Can I cast it again right away?

If I did get the cast off in time and saved the 1 player taking damage, then what about the rest of the team?  They have no protection.  What if stuff is starting to get hairy?  Should I let one guy just die so I can make better use of blessing with an incoming storm?

I'm basically worried blessing was, yes essentially abused and made the game overly easy mode.  But with this change?  where blessing as it was, was a skill that was more needed or took effort to use correctly?  It won't do much good.

Instead of damage mitigation or immunity maybe it can buff shields and health for a time and give them a continuous recharge.  So say, if someone is taking damage that the damage rate would have to overcome the recharge rate to be noticeable.  At higher level enemies this will get noticeable quickly but you can run, take cover and recharge?

Something to make Trin more of a healer and less of a tank is needed, but the change as it is suggested doesn't make her a very good team healer.

*Edit* I was typing when you posted this.  But you said it more succinctly than I did.  Though I do think reactive healing can work, you need a LOT more healing focus.  Like a healing gun, or an ability to target players.  Basically it becomes your ONE job to heal.  I'm ok with that, but this change to blessing doesn't do it.

Reactive healing is bad in a game with fast pace non stop actions. Especially in this game where there's no level and damage cap on enemies.

My solution for blessing is, give it a fixed short duration invincible (3~5sec), and turn the old blessing invincible duration into a percentage based rapid health, shield regeneration.

Edited by Wahooo