Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur 2.0 - We Are Almost There!

r0ckwolf

if they introduce the alternative warframe abilitys everyone wants you can keep your supper jump but have an alternative such as super charge that sortarandom  suggested

What they should really do is give xcal a better skill in Super Jump's place, and make Super Jump a general skill.

People who use SJ either use it for less-skilled access to higher areas of the game or to have a definite access to Heavy Impact which is a complete waste of time.  That shouldn't be xcal's burden to bear.  It should be a choice you make on your frame.

What they should really do is give xcal a better skill in Super Jump's place, and make Super Jump a general skill.

People who use SJ either use it for less-skilled access to higher areas of the game or to have a definite access to Heavy Impact which is a complete waste of time.  That shouldn't be xcal's burden to bear.  It should be a choice you make on your frame.

I was thinking about this too yesterday, i saw that a lot of people in the design council voted for this. Also i was thinking that maybe my Super Charge design doesn´t synergize that well with increased jump height after all, it makes flipping around a little harder to controll maybe.

All excellent changes that work well thematically with Excalibur, turning him from zero to hero in one fell swoop. (I still play Excal because he's a bro and my first warframe in the game.)

Although... I'm a bit in with the 'keep super jump as is' crowd.

I also feel that the changes mentioned in this thread I posted are necessary visual changes.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/170997-excaliburs-powers-need-visual-work/

I like your suggestions for visual changes, but i´d rather see them updating the animations for different weapon grips. In U13 Geoff finally answered to my request and updated the Glaive on Excal´s abilitys. RB and RJ could definetly use some fancier FX´s though!^^

Slash dash needs a buff, but the only ability that really needs work is Super Jump.  If it came with a "Heavy Impact" like stun when you landed, that would help a lot.  I think it should also last for 10 seconds rather than being single use.  It's just kinda hard to use as it is.

I love the Super Charge thing. :D

Also, Psychic Bolts (why they didn't think of it before? I mean... it seems so obvious after reading your suggestion) and Mind Control changes.

Not fan of the full invuln on Absorb. Invuln is OP.

Doubtful on slash dash/radial javelin, even though the blast effect. I don't like "more damage" instead of "utility".

But good ideas/work. +1 ^^

Edited by Yaer

Phase 1 - SPINNING BLADES

* Acts slightly differently upon activation now - When activated, Excalibur summons 6/8/10/12 spinning blades of energy that will follow him for 7/8/9/10 seconds whirling around him, dealing 100/150/200/250 Slash damage a second to every enemy around him (Note: This DPS is independant of the number of blades he has spinning around him). The range of this particular effect is just a couple of meters around him (the radius is equal to about the length of the actual blades)

* In addition, while the blades are whirling around you, Excalibur could have some form of minor protection against ranged projectiles. Something simple, like 15/20/25/30% less damage taken from enemy projectiles or so.

* If you block while the blades are spinning around you, the blades stop spinning for as long as you are blocking and will greatly help you with blocking, instead of damaging nearby enemies! These are the blocking bonuses:

1) It gives you 360 degree blocking!

2) When a blade helps you blocking melee attacks, they also instantly counterattack the assailant, dealing some damage (say, 200/300/400/500 Slash damage?) and guarantees that the target is counterstunned, allowing you to do the counter finisher if you want to!

3) All enemy projectiles are reflected back, dealing 25/50/75/100% of the damage back at the attacker. This would stack with the Reflection-mod!

want to see something like this so I can get straight in there with my melee and not worry about all those that are using there guns just a like a rhino can get in melee range and come out with nothing wrong with his shields and health#

btw not my idea azamagons idea

Edited by tris1

Phase 1 - SPINNING BLADES

* Acts slightly differently upon activation now - When activated, Excalibur summons 6/8/10/12 spinning blades of energy that will follow him for 7/8/9/10 seconds whirling around him, dealing 100/150/200/250 Slash damage a second to every enemy around him (Note: This DPS is independant of the number of blades he has spinning around him). The range of this particular effect is just a couple of meters around him (the radius is equal to about the length of the actual blades)

* In addition, while the blades are whirling around you, Excalibur could have some form of minor protection against ranged projectiles. Something simple, like 15/20/25/30% less damage taken from enemy projectiles or so.

* If you block while the blades are spinning around you, the blades stop spinning for as long as you are blocking and will greatly help you with blocking, instead of damaging nearby enemies! These are the blocking bonuses:

1) It gives you 360 degree blocking!

2) When a blade helps you blocking melee attacks, they also instantly counterattack the assailant, dealing some damage (say, 200/300/400/500 Slash damage?) and guarantees that the target is counterstunned, allowing you to do the counter finisher if you want to!

3) All enemy projectiles are reflected back, dealing 25/50/75/100% of the damage back at the attacker. This would stack with the Reflection-mod!

want to see something like this so I can get straight in there with my melee and not worry about all those that are using there guns just a like a rhino can get in melee range and come out with nothing wrong with his shields and health#

btw not my idea azamagons idea

this is a GREAT IDEA!!!! love it.^^ i didn´t change excaliburs skills too much (except Super JUmp), cause i didn´t want to sound to drastic, but i´d love to see this implemented!

seeing a lot of "fix Excalibur" Threads lately! Nice that the community slowly seems to realize, that he´s in desperate need of some work!^^

a lot came running to xcal when the proto skin was released, its amazing how many excal related threads emerged since then.

a lot came running to xcal when the proto skin was released, its amazing how many excal related threads emerged since then.

kinda the reason im here to :D that and my poor frost got nerfed :(

interesting...

And you'll never know what it was.

(OT: I think going through with this buff and turning Super Jump into a "general" ability equippable by all Frames, as Thaumatos suggested, would be pretty good. Maybe without the high-jump part of Super Charge, since that would actually make melee a lot clunkier and less versatile and do more harm than good to the ability.)

Maybe if Super Jump is linked directly to excalibur, as a melee-based high mobility frame, in a fashion like how Zephyr has a much slower gravity fall rate than anybody else. Super Charge does sound fun to use though but in terms of mobility Speed does it in a similar fashion already.

There were quite a few prior to the proto skin.  People just jumped on the bandwagon when they got a cooler looking xcal and realized he'd been left in the dust compared to other frames.

It's easy to ignore the problems with the gear you don't use.

And you'll never know what it was.

(OT: I think going through with this buff and turning Super Jump into a "general" ability equippable by all Frames, as Thaumatos suggested, would be pretty good. Maybe without the high-jump part of Super Charge, since that would actually make melee a lot clunkier and less versatile and do more harm than good to the ability.)

I was thinking this too, that´s why i suggested to tone down the height, as to how far it has to be toned down can only be seen through testing!

It might be better to remove the jump height increase completely, on the other hand it oculd also be quiet usefull.... I´m undecided!

Edited by r0ckwolf

Maybe if Super Jump is linked directly to excalibur, as a melee-based high mobility frame, in a fashion like how Zephyr has a much slower gravity fall rate than anybody else. Super Charge does sound fun to use though but in terms of mobility Speed does it in a similar fashion already.

well... in a way you are right about speed! But the mobility buff through Super Charge wouldn´t be as straong as speed´s, but the combination of increased Stamina and channeling efficency makes for a quiet strong mobility and melee buff.

Don´t think the 2 skills would be to simmilar in any way!

Edited by r0ckwolf

One of my alternate suggestions for super jump is that it affects his powers differently. Let's say you want to get all the targets in the area below you after you've used super jump with radial javelin, right? It now becomes a conical attack while you're in the air. You should also be able to start activating other powers before the apex of the jump. Higher elevation means higher visibility, so radial blind should affect more targets within the tile if you're using super jump. If you use slash dash while mid-jump, you can aim it at various locations (below you), having a radial collision effect if you aim down at the ground.

Cool stuff, too many buff suggestions for your super charge suggestion though.

consider the much higher energy demand + additional cost for the "forced" channeling!

One of my alternate suggestions for super jump is that it affects his powers differently. Let's say you want to get all the targets in the area below you after you've used super jump with radial javelin, right? It now becomes a conical attack while you're in the air. You should also be able to start activating other powers before the apex of the jump. Higher elevation means higher visibility, so radial blind should affect more targets within the tile if you're using super jump. If you use slash dash while mid-jump, you can aim it at various locations (below you), having a radial collision effect if you aim down at the ground.

sounds very cool, would be another interesting way of ability synergy, i´d rather see his melee warrior aspects being improved though.^^

They could just change super jump to some sort of form switch that might be cool

i think something like this already is in planning for the "focus" system. You know.... around the corner, down the blog, on the road! ;)