Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Problems with Chat box

Archazad

There's a moment i played co-op with others, i press T for chat and when i type something it didn't show any words but my keyboard doesn't have any problems as i can walk and jump normally and sometimes ***** come out on my chat box. Same goes in the lobby squad I type and didn't show a word. Wondering if any of you experienced this?

their chat was like "*** **" sometimes

I think that is due that currently we can't use special characters or specific punctuations.

It's a bit annoying especially when you play with friends and that our main language contains lots of these.

Edited by mimikn

if a * shows up in place of a character, that generally means you haven't preprocessed the font in the language you're trying to type in. For example, when you run the game in english, it won't preprocess russian characters, so if someone sends you some it won't show up correctly. Does that situation apply to you guys? If not, what language are you trying to type in, and what language is your game running in?

• 3 months later...

Bumping with vengeance! 

@Dolmur - thats what i thought - but hey why no UTF ;-)

Exactly what he said, when I try to type something in my language (which has 6 different letters than standart english alphabet) they show up as * which makes communication kinda difficult with my friends. It'd be great if you could add UTF-8 (or any other that would work, not a pro in this kinda stuff myself) support to the chat.

• 4 weeks later...