Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[13.5.0 Ash] Teleport Finishers Need To Be Optional.

shut

The prompt doesn't work for me most of the time so my mobility i mostly unaffected.

Lucky. It works all the time for me, and even cuts straight to the finisher animation if I'm already halfway through a normal swing.

I am p sure I used the word "every so often". Which means "occasionally", likely a bug.

"It happens, but not in any reliable way that I can prove it does"

So you're basically saying that the problem you stated doesn't really exist, and the example you provided doesn't reflect actual game mechanics, but you still presented because of... what? What was the point of bringing it up if it is nothing more than a bug?

Were you knowingly presenting information that was questionable at best before, or are you now just saying that to invalidate somebody proving your previous claim wrong? 

I'm honestly starting to have difficulty enjoying my Ash right now. Gonna have to dig this back up.

Well, his changes are upcoming.

He hasn't really changed for the worse recently, so...why?

Edited by Moderius

I agree with letting people be able to decide when they can or can't do finishers, but instead of making it based on the rank and mod, how about if finishers can only be performed while the melee weapon is fully equipped? I personally prefer being able to spam finishers as Ash, but when I play as Loki and I want to kill as many people as possible with a single cast of invisibility, having to wait through a finisher/assassination prompt is quite frustrating.

The recent patch notes said that Ash's changes were going to be upcoming, on Wednesday. I haven't checked, as I am stuck leveling Loki, which is painful, because I'm also trying to level weapons, so I'm forced to either waste weapon XP to make Loki effective, or Warframe XP and chug the weapon level up to useful.

Either way, it doesn't matter too much. They were some improvements, and if something doesn't work, it will obviously get changed. People come on here and ham along as if something is broken, forever, and it ruins everything. Warframe makes changes faster than most games. It's a test environment. It's a beta. Be glad they're trying unconventional things because that's how great games are made.

Having played with the new teleport, I can say that after teleporting to a target, one must then target them with the reticle to get the finisher animation. If one doesn't want to get the finisher animation, one doesn't have to.

Having played with the new teleport, I can say that after teleporting to a target, one must then target them with the reticle to get the finisher animation. If one doesn't want to get the finisher animation, one doesn't have to.

The changes are easily a buff for Ash. The high-speed ult and damage boost to his Shuriken are easy benefits, and the teleport is just more flexible now.

Having played with the new teleport, I can confirm that this is 100% false. Enemies can be targeted with Finishers even if you whirl the camera so they're offscreen before pressing E. If you're not hosting, then this can happen even if the enemy in question is already dead.

I'm gonna dig this back up to the surface. After days of experiencing the wonders of the Finisher prompt, I still see no reason to not implement an option to disable the finishers for those who don't want to be slowed down in Melee Mode.

Shameless bump. After playing Ash for several days, my feeling of "Man, I wish I could choose when to use the Finisher" is only increasing-- there are too many situations where I used a Finisher where it wasn't needed, and there were multiple situations where the Blade Storm glitch that I'm taking advantage of (the only thing keeping me with Ash at the moment) prevented me from using Finishers at times that it would have actually been useful.

DE, please consider allowing us to rebind the Finisher key if we so wish, or at least move it to "Contextual Use (X)" instead of "Melee (E)".

Edited by SortaRandom

Bump, updated OP to reflect Update 13.5.0.

There is no longer any way to completely avoid Finishers and play as we did before 13.3. The issue is more pressing than ever.

DE, please let us choose whether to use Finishers or regular swings on prompted targets.

I like the idea of Teleporting right into the finisher - as in, you hit Teleport on an enemy and the finisher is already half over by the time you materialize. You skip the elaborate weapon draw entirely, because you teleported your exposed blade right into their thoracic cavity. 

• 1 month later...

My Ideas for some Ash ability changes:

- Shuriken is now good, except that it is no longer a silent weapon which makes absolutely no sense. If this has been fixed in the patches after U13.7, great, but I haven't seen anything to this effect. Maybe I missed it, but I just don't know.

- Teleport is still a useless move. If finishers actually "finished" a target that would be one thing, but they don't. That is why free to aim is so necessary. Take away everything else, the finisher, the flip animation and just give us a plain old teleport. Sometimes less is more. 

- Or better yet make it a teleport/dash like Shinobi (PS2 2002) uses and just make it chain-able (up to 3 times) with leveling the mod fully (still free to aim though and usable while moving/jumping, just like the video). Here's the link to a youtube video (can see example of the move at around 1 minute) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvZXKnmNAZE.

- Blade Storm. This is still a terrible move. Not only is it game breaking/crashing, but still isn't all that useful. It should be a combination of Wolverine's Berserker Attack and Valkyr's Hysteria. Ash should go absolutely insane with his wrist blades, slashing and stabbing so fast that it looks like he is holding a blender in front of him while running. During this time (maximum duration of 25 seconds with all duration mods & max level) Ash is invulnerable from all frontal attacks, has infinite stamina and increased movement/sprint speed. While in this state Ash will appear to shred/drill through lines of enemies. If a stronger enemy stands in his way, it will take a bit longer to kill but be killed nonetheless. For enhanced damage, the move should be usable while stealthed incorporating his stealth damage multiplier. 

- Smoke Screen is good the way it is, but if changes were to be made it wouldn't be a bad thing. My ideas would still be to have it effect surrounding friendlies (other Tenno/NPC's) for half the duration of the caster (So at max Ash's is 20 seconds, the targeted friendly would have 10). I mean it is a smoke bomb after all, not something generated from within like Loki's invisibility. The only other change I would say is needed is a bit more duration. 5 seconds would be enough to feel substantial. Speeding up the animation would be nice too, but not exactly necessary.

I don't think any of these changes would be too much to ask for or would make Ash OP. These alterations would give Ash a bit more utility, team orientation and the just the right amount of strength. At present, Ash just feels like an invisible warrior that just has melee combat prowess. My changes would make him the ninja that he deserves to be.

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoy! Please up-vote if you do so we can make these changes happen and the most ninja of space ninjas can be just that, truly ninja.

-G