Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Riot Moa - Corpus Concept [Artwork Included]

Volkovyi

Greetings Tenno.

Our entry for the Corpus design contest this week, however the artwork deserved it's own thread.

Original Deviant Art - http://liger-inuzuka.deviantart.com/art/Warframe-The-Riot-Moa-Concept-453888436

Entry Post - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/229158-enemies-of-the-tenno-corpus-submissions/?p=2676256

fort_moa_spreadsheet_wtrmrk_by_liger_inu

Initializing artist's comments...

Entry for the Corpus week of Design an Enemy type. Volkovyi lends his skills again to aide the Corpus. We wonder what that Frost is up to?

Description:

Behavior: Riot Moa spawn upon the first detection of Tenno, then later lock-downed areas, and various hallways and corridors, however they can be found in other circumstances irregularly. Their main purpose is to block the Tenno from advancing, with either heavy artillery fire or physically bashing the Tenno back if they get within melee range. While in walker mode they can only walk, being unable to run or maneuver easily. It primarily walks only to relocate.

Attacks: While in walking mode, Riot Moa can only attack with their back-mounted cannon. When taken position in bunker mode the Riot Moa can attack with both the cannon and missile artillery simultaneously and is its main form of attack. If a Tenno were to attempt to melee the Riot Moa whilst in bunker mode from the front, the Moa will bash the Tenno away knocking them down. Specific points on the Moa must be attacked to kill it, its riot shields are impenetrable but not its body.

Environment restrictions:  Various man-made tile sets. Won't be found earth/land-bound. Any mission type. Uncommon enemy.

/end artist's comments...

We are considering designing a variation of the Riot Moa called the Turret Moa, featuring a Tenno hacked Moa able to be mounted and fired like a mobile turret gatling sentry.

Thank you for viewing~!

Artist's note: Do not fret fellow Tenno, the Riot Moa is NOT the Corpus equivalent of the Shield Lancer. Like we stated the Riot Moa bashes you only within melee range from the front, meaning that if you try to pass it or jump over it while it is guarding that one hallway, it will head butt you down. At most a two to three meter range.

BONUS

tumblr_n5u2w7dNzq1rbe8a5o2_r1_500.gif

EDIT 6.22.2014

The Gatling Moa

A variation of the original Riot Moa chassis, the Gatling Moa is a user-operated mobile laser Gatling unit developed by the Corpus with some third-party assistance. There have been instances of Tenno  using the Gatling Moa units for Solar Rail and Dojo defenses; however how they have come into possession of these units remains unclear...

warframe__the_riot_moa___gatling_moa_var

Riot Moa model shown in Dev Stream #42!

tumblr_nfrmdcNqxU1rbe8a5o1_1280.png

Edited by Volkovyi

I'd be more interested in seeing a Corpus proxy that allows for the crewman to take advantage of it for defense, therefore potentially increasing the Corpus defense as a whole rather than just throw in a heavy defensive unit, but I'll get back to you on that when I see if my Scarab idea makes the cut for voting or not... or maybe I wont, given the non-disclosure agreement... either way, I don't like the idea of it becoming stationary (doesn't seem MOA-like); perhaps it could be regular speed before engaging shields and then slow moving while they're in use?

I'd be more interested in seeing a Corpus proxy that allows for the crewman to take advantage of it for defense, therefore potentially increasing the Corpus defense as a whole rather than just throw in a heavy defensive unit, but I'll get back to you on that when I see if my Scarab idea makes the cut for voting or not... or maybe I wont, given the non-disclosure agreement... either way, I don't like the idea of it becoming stationary (doesn't seem MOA-like); perhaps it could be regular speed before engaging shields and then slow moving while they're in use?

I actually submitted a concept for a proxy that interacts with the Crewmen as well, so hopefully that kind of symbiotic relationship will make it to the list, though I'd still like to see this thing in the game nonetheless.

On the other hand the Infested submissions has taught me not to judge a concept based on pictures alone, I'll be okay this one winning assuming that "bashing Tenno within melee range" doesn't mean charging you from 20m away and around corners. I like this idea but I don't want it to end up being the Corpus equivalent of Shield Lancers *shudders*.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

This is very much like the G.R.A.D from Metal Gear Rising. I like it. Ramming sheilds, missile launchers, heavy artillery cannon, all traits it shares with the G.R.A.D. And I like killing G.R.A.D's, so I think I'd enjoy killing this thing too. 

Edited by Plasmaface

This is very much like the G.R.A.D from Metal Gear Rising. I like it. Ramming sheilds, missile launchers, heavy artillery cannon, all traits it shares with the G.R.A.D. And I like killing G.R.A.D's, so I think I'd enjoy killing this thing too. 

Keen viewer, believe it or not the Grad inspired us for this concept. Metal Gear Rising is indeed a fantastic game is it not?~

Keen viewer, believe it or not the Grad inspired us for this concept. Metal Gear Rising is indeed a fantastic game is it not?~

I think this quote does a good job of explaining how awesome it is. 

"ARMSTRONG! I said my sword is a tool of justice. Not used in anger, not used for vengeance. But now... now I'm not so sure. And besides, This Isn't My Sword."

~Raiden.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Edit - We have created a variation of the original concept, introducing the Gatling Moa now on the original thread! The variation concept is only for fun, expressing an idea we contemplated while designing the original Riot Moa itself.

Now that I see the scale of this thing, im not that thrilled. I thought it was going to be a big &#! machine that could bulldoze the tenno into pancakes if it felt like it, but its more like a normal moa with a boxier design, like a bad lego set lol.

I guess I might like it more once I see it in action.