Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Riot Moa - Corpus Concept [Artwork Included]

Volkovyi

Greetings Tenno.

Our entry for the Corpus design contest this week, however the artwork deserved it's own thread.

Original Deviant Art - http://liger-inuzuka.deviantart.com/art/Warframe-The-Riot-Moa-Concept-453888436

Entry Post - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/229158-enemies-of-the-tenno-corpus-submissions/?p=2676256

fort_moa_spreadsheet_wtrmrk_by_liger_inu

Initializing artist's comments...

Entry for the Corpus week of Design an Enemy type. Volkovyi lends his skills again to aide the Corpus. We wonder what that Frost is up to?

Description:

Behavior: Riot Moa spawn upon the first detection of Tenno, then later lock-downed areas, and various hallways and corridors, however they can be found in other circumstances irregularly. Their main purpose is to block the Tenno from advancing, with either heavy artillery fire or physically bashing the Tenno back if they get within melee range. While in walker mode they can only walk, being unable to run or maneuver easily. It primarily walks only to relocate.

Attacks: While in walking mode, Riot Moa can only attack with their back-mounted cannon. When taken position in bunker mode the Riot Moa can attack with both the cannon and missile artillery simultaneously and is its main form of attack. If a Tenno were to attempt to melee the Riot Moa whilst in bunker mode from the front, the Moa will bash the Tenno away knocking them down. Specific points on the Moa must be attacked to kill it, its riot shields are impenetrable but not its body.

Environment restrictions:  Various man-made tile sets. Won't be found earth/land-bound. Any mission type. Uncommon enemy.

/end artist's comments...

We are considering designing a variation of the Riot Moa called the Turret Moa, featuring a Tenno hacked Moa able to be mounted and fired like a mobile turret gatling sentry.

Thank you for viewing~!

Artist's note: Do not fret fellow Tenno, the Riot Moa is NOT the Corpus equivalent of the Shield Lancer. Like we stated the Riot Moa bashes you only within melee range from the front, meaning that if you try to pass it or jump over it while it is guarding that one hallway, it will head butt you down. At most a two to three meter range.

BONUS

tumblr_n5u2w7dNzq1rbe8a5o2_r1_500.gif

EDIT 6.22.2014

The Gatling Moa

A variation of the original Riot Moa chassis, the Gatling Moa is a user-operated mobile laser Gatling unit developed by the Corpus with some third-party assistance. There have been instances of Tenno  using the Gatling Moa units for Solar Rail and Dojo defenses; however how they have come into possession of these units remains unclear...

warframe__the_riot_moa___gatling_moa_var

First Zephyr and now this? What more will try to win into the game? o_O

Now that I see the scale of this thing, im not that thrilled. I thought it was going to be a big @$$ machine that could bulldoze the tenno into pancakes if it felt like it, but its more like a normal moa with a boxier design, like a bad lego set lol.

I guess I might like it more once I see it in action.

The purpose of the Riot Moa is to act as a blockade, a physical barrier. It is not supposed to 'bulldoze' anything, and any similar looks it shares with a real Bulldozer (real world construction equipment) is purely coincidental. If it were any bigger than it is, it would have difficulty fitting in certain tile-sets it was meant for.

• 10 months later...

*sigh* my hats off to you mr. strange man

seems only the glitziest stuff by the most famous names ever gets added

You over estimate my reputation. I am not famous.

This was a concept made for a competition over a year ago. If it was not for the voting system this would not have 'won.' It took them a year to make it and add the game. Under a different name, and a different purpose. There is but a handful of people that would recognize me for this work.

I do not make artwork to be added to the game, or to be famous, but because I love to make artwork to share with people. What the people do with that artwork afterwards is out of my control.

You over estimate my reputation. I am not famous.

This was a concept made for a competition over a year ago. If it was not for the voting system this would not have 'won.' It took them a year to make it and add the game. Under a different name, and a different purpose. There is but a handful of people that would recognize me for this work.

I do not make artwork to be added to the game, or to be famous, but because I love to make artwork to share with people. What the people do with that artwork afterwards is out of my control.

you are a very noble man,girded by humility and grace *bows*

you are a very noble man,girded by humility and grace *bows*

I wouldn't say noble or graceful (given what some of his other works are) but he's really talented.

Congrats for your creation! I wonder how they will make the corpus more dangerous once the event is over...

it's probably better that way, since de would never listen to the fans on game mechanic ideas. (i'm kind of shocked it still looks closely to the design as well)

Depends on the mechanics. I've seen a lot of great ideas from the players for enemy and Warframe mechanics - not ALL of them were great, but some of them were very good - that would make the game much more interesting. The Riot Moa had good idea, but I think there were better ones. The Manic's pretty good, and I can't yet comment on the Juggernaut.

Depends on the mechanics. I've seen a lot of great ideas from the players for enemy and Warframe mechanics - not ALL of them were great, but some of them were very good - that would make the game much more interesting. The Riot Moa had good idea, but I think there were better ones. The Manic's pretty good, and I can't yet comment on the Juggernaut.

I'm not saying the mechanics aren't good, I too have seen dozens of ideas that could top what de currently dishes out to us. It's just de won't use any of those regardless, so its better not to even think the good mechanics will make it into the game than building up your hype just to have it all crumble apart in-front of you when you see all the creative liberty they took with that original concept. 

I'm not saying the mechanics aren't good, I too have seen dozens of ideas that could top what de currently dishes out to us. It's just de won't use any of those regardless, so its better not to even think the good mechanics will make it into the game than building up your hype just to have it all crumble apart in-front of you when you see all the creative liberty they took with that original concept. 

Chill out Ice cube...

The events are meant to test the new stuff while they're still warm : everything isn't lost... :)