Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash's Bladestorm

MelonBreadz

Not only do the attack animations need to be polished up (as in, a really polished up), but the move itself needs to be sped up. I've seen youtube videos of blade storm, and it just looks way too slow. Approx. three secconds between executions? Are you fu**ing kidding me?

Edited by CrazyCanadian24

I'm not a fan of the current animation.

IMO it would look much cooler if a shadow of ash appeared behind every target simultaneously, after a short chargeup effect with some smoke. Maybe even give each shadow it's own striking animation, or have it depend on the target struck.

That's exactly what I was going to suggest, but first Ash sit down in meditation, each shadow appear behind each enemy affected. Make his attack, all foggy ashes dissapear like if they were smoke, ash stand ups.

Wow never expected that much feedback from my first post thanks guys ^^ Loving this game!

His 1st post...makes it Genius. I salute you, sir. +1

Thanks! I salute you back! ^^

The only thing is this game is so fast paced that all your targets maybe dead by the time you get all animations off. Your teammates maybe shooting them. Then again the devs could make it so only you can harm the targets that are being hit by your ult but them teammates would be wasting precious ammo on invincible targets. The solution to that would to have the targets that you ultimate would be hitting become marked with something so that people know that they dont need to shoot those

Yeah I thought of gameplay issues like this I had one solution that would be even more appealing to the eye.

- Slice through enemies in much quicker succession. (time taken to execute set number of enemies could be reduced with mod upgrades?)

- Upon slicing enemies, enemy units emit smoke from the angle of the slice (Indication to other players that the enemy is about to receive alot of damage from ash)  Good call on that mark idea ^^

- Enemy units slow down considerably due to shock factor (provides use against tough enemies unlikely to die from it)

- Focus on Ash's last anim, where affected enemies die, has to be considerably quick but also signal to any observers that the ultra has finished.
For instance, stand up from kneeling position, as smoke that once clouded the ash begins to dissipate.

Not only do the attack animations need to be polished up (as in, a really polished up), but the move itself needs to be sped up. I've seen youtube videos of blade storm, and it just looks way too slow. Approx. three secconds between executions? Are you fu**ing kidding me?

It gives you time to go to the bathroom or get something to eat, while your shields recharge and you kill a random number of enemies.

The only thing that turns me off from actively using Bladestorm is  the animation being so risky in terms of epileptic disorders (jokes aside, it just hurts my eyes and gives me a headache.)

This skill either needs a whole new animation ala Radial Javelin or Frost's Uber.

I love @NetSlayer 's suggestion. Besides the animations themselves, the 2 main problems that I see with Blade Storm are:

1. Ash always faces the same direction as he is facing when the skill is cast (CAN'T STRESS ENOUGH!! this adds greatly to the hokey unpolished look)

2. Ash totally misses (visually) any enemy that is moving before it gets attacked. (like Grineer that are moving to cover)

another thing to keep in mind is that different weapons have different stealth execution animations. If these animations get implemented it might be a good idea to speed them up to faster than they are normally (the heavy weapons like Fragor and even the  Furax have long animation times)

Even better if It had dynamic cinematic camera angles.

The melee animation should be a series of corkscrew slashes, Quick draw melee's, Jumping down slashes. Appearing behind them and stabbing them with your back to them (Like the stealth anim), Uppercut slashes and teleports and the final one should be a smash down anim.

after all this the ash puts his melee weapon away and they all fall over and die synchronously?

Problem with that is that other enemies not effected by the bladestorm won't just sit around waiting and neither will your teammates want to do that.

I'd assume if such an animation were implemented, the animations would go really quick. With the camera darting back and forth to ash's locations. Enemies not involved in the bladestorm would likely be too slow, in relation, to fix sights on him.

Edited by NetSlayer