The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De's Endgame (Enemy Levels) Is Joke (Updated For Clarity)

(PSN)madguy132

Dear fellow Tenno's,

DE stated that their endgame is around level 30's. I suppose level 30's content is difficult for new players, but when you start to get a reliable frame, a couple of mods, a decent gun (All you really need is: Rhino, Boltor Prime, and a couple of mods like Serration, elemental mods, multishot, and these don't need to be fully maxed either) to clear out all the nodes currently in Warframe. 

As someone who have acquired and maxed out every available weapons/frames in the game, maxed out necessary mods, with a couple of 6 potato's weapons, the level 30 endgame is stupid as S#&$. If I play Warframe with DE's ideal endgame, I would have quit months ago. The only thing keeps me playing is challenging myself with high waves defense and survivals, because you don't need to potato and weapons for level 30s enemies really. Therefore, my definition of endgame is where I maximized all my resources on weapons/frames and struggle to survive, which is only be found in the highest defense/survival missions at around 1 hour+ in the mission. 

So please DE, I really hope you would scrap that level 30 endgame bullS#&$ and start looking at for the endgame that really relate to the whole "maximize your warframes/weapons with forma's bullcrap, because your endgame doesn't require any formas. 

TL;DR - DE's endgame doesn't require any effort to beat, and is very boring. After you beat DE's endgame, you have nothing to do. Even if you want to forma your weapons, there is no real reason as level 30 is a joke. Even melee weapons kill them in 1-2 hits. DE keeps forcing us to accept their endgame without listening to the players, and therefore balance warframe abilities on their endgame. 

Edit 1: I made this thread at like 2 AM so I guess I wasn't super clear about this. What I want to conclude is that DE refuses to allow players to have difficult missions freely available to the players that want them. The only way to get that is to play defense missions and survival missions extensively. There is no way for you and I to go and find a mission that offers enemies starting at level 50-60, especially survival and defense, even at T3. Sure T4 will come out, but what about the normal planets that I already finished? There should be multiple options on how difficult you want to tackle a node, similar to other dungeon-based online games, where you have different tiers to a mission. I shouldn't have to wait 40-60 minutes in order to get the higher enemies level, but DE refuses to implement this. They stated that they don't want to bother with those high levels content.

Edited by (PS4)madguy132

Mate, just obtaining everything takes long enough for some people, that's a good enough endgame in of itself if you ask me.

If you play enough to have the chance to get everything and kill everything in one shot that does not mean that the current "Endgame" is bad.

=)

Edited by MLPDiamondHeart

Dear fellow Tenno's,

DE stated that their endgame is around level 30's.

This is wrong. Your entire post is invalidated by this error.

We also have huge balance issues to patch up. Even if we had a defined end-game somewhere, it wouldn't be possible to judge it at this point.

They did? I knew they said endless scaling enemies weren't endgame but... 30... lol

Some alerts have been as high as level 55. They're pretty tough, I'd consider those the next best thing to "end game" at the moment. And I also consider that DE sanctioning that end game isn't 30, but 55 (at least).

"Endgame"

There is no endgame. should we of had it, they'd be able to balance and justify balance changes.

Things to do at "endgame"

Wait for an themed event, beat that in twenty minutes

Wait for a weapon update, craft it, max it

Max all existing weapons for mastery

Max your mastery rank 

Max all existing frames and prime variants of frames for mastery.

Grind to do all of the above.

Welcome to as one of the devs was quoted saying "The Base Marketable Product"

Edited by Nariala

I don't even consider high level defence or survival as endgame. But there's simply nothing else to to. Everything in Warfarm is about grind still.

I'm waiting for DE to release something new that resembles endgame.

This is wrong. Your entire post is invalidated by this error.

We also have huge balance issues to patch up. Even if we had a defined end-game somewhere, it wouldn't be possible to judge it at this point.

Srsly brah were is the source? I can't take this serious if you don't give the source.

Captain Obvious said: since levelling = more mod points, with a potato, we are level 60. With formas, we can be level ~100.

Thus, the "fun" starts when ennemy level matches the number of mod points you put on your frame/weapon.

An interesting paradox isn't it? Once you are not a "new" player anymore, a big chunk of the game is about collection, perfectionism and min-maxing; but as soon as you start this second phase, there is no content for you anymore, except if you play 1h+ sessions (with at least 30 minutes of boring stuff).

And even if you go that way, it becomes a "perma-control/invul or be one-shot", which is impossible to balance.

To sum-up, the game wants you to keep collecting and improving, but punishes you for doing it.

Edited by Mazikeen

technically DE's endgame is 35-40. they even have a hard cap on most missions than prevents them from going past level 38 (alerts in particular)

also the higher level alerts were unintended, DE had forgotten to compress the levels of the alerts when they did for the star chart, so for a while we had alerts that were 1.5 times higher level than they should be.

while i agree DE's idea of endgame is a joke, it has nothing to do with the actual level of the content. alot of it is due to negligent design, pandering to the community, general powercreep and subsequent trivialization of content

instead of being limited by "damage we can do" we should be limited by "threats we can currently handle" whereas in the current metagame there are virtually none, ultimately made worse by a surplus of damage on our ends

38 is a fine point for balance, you cannot balance for infinity, and 38 is already an arbitrary enough number

People's perception of endgame is a joke. Seriosly.
Everybody is asking for endgame but nobody know what the hell does that mean.

I've played mmo's (or online RPG's .. what ever floats your goat) for aobut 10 years. 
And i have never seen any PvE content that could be counted as "True Endgame".

The reason for this is the actual Conditions for the endgame.
* A true Endgame is a content that can be played and enjoyed after maxing out everything. (obviously)
* It doesn't provide any rewards, that would beat the purpose of absolute gear / setup challenge.
* It's a rewardless content that must be enjoyable even when played non-stop.
There are more conditions that i can't remember on top of my head...

So in the end only true EndGame content that can exist for RPG type games (progression / exp / lvling/ loot/ skill point) is PvP.
That's the only thing that can be milked for enternity and could potentially never be bored of.

What i' m trying to say is - there can never be a true endgame for PvE only games.... Only continues content expansion.