Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bolter With Armor Pierce

Nyxcha

Question

13 answers to this question

so if i do 36 dmg naturally with bolter. and have 50% armor pierce mod it will do an additional 18 dmg?

Not sure if that's how the calculations actually work, but in theory you'll be getting some bonus damage. It'll be really noticable against Grineer and Corpus because Grineer take full AP damage, compared to 33% normal damage, and Corpus take 2000% AP damage with headshots.

lol toddwjp. eldar for life.

and heres a new question. does AP matter at all against grineer bosses. it seems unless the gun(bolter) ignores armor completly, you will only do normal dmg as if you didnt have AP(this happens with latron and braton or however you spell it.

so if i do 36 dmg naturally with bolter. and have 50% armor pierce mod it will do an additional 18 dmg?

Correct, when you have elemental or AP mods you will see multiple numbers on every hit. So in the case you're describing on a single bolt you should see 36 and 18 damage come up at the same time.

I would think this would be redundant, considering boltor ignores 100% of armor anyway. I heard you couldn't even put armor piercing on bolt weapons, but if you can, that's news to me.

You can, and since bolt weapons ignore armour, AP mods are basically damage mods classified as elemental.