The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Link's Damage Reduction + Blessing Reduction = Back To Square One.

Fomiru

The ability link has a damage reduction of 75% at max rank, and with the new blessing, when someone goes down by 25%, and a Trinity blesses, she gains 25% damage reduction, stacking with 75%.

Now we're back to square one, spinning around in circles with the Stug on T3 Defence and nuking everything.

I really hope they don't stack, because it will not solve anything.  

are they actually additive?

seems like that 75% from link will be a 75% reduction of whatever is left after blessings dmg % reduction.

if its 100 damage reduced by (25% + 75%) = 0 dmg, then your right

i assumed it would be 100 dmg reduced by 25% = 75dmg, that 75 dmg is then reduced by 25% = 56.25

or something like that.

Edited by Methanoid

you know what, people always wish stuff. I mean, I wished they didn't change Link at the time where it was %100 and change blessing in such a way that it would only help the team and take away from her a bit. So she was a balanced Tank/healer type of frame. I think that generally about the changes DE makes, when they don't talk about it much, they don't listen to the community either. I don't want to be misunderstood here, they do listen but only sometimes.

Edited by thecolin-

you know what, people always wish stuff. I mean, I wished they didn't change Link at the time where it was %100 and change blessing in such a way that it would only help the team and take away from her a bit. So she was a balanced Tank/healer type of frame. I think that generally about the changes DE makes, when they don't talk about it much, they don't listen to the community either. I don't want to be misunderstood here, they do listen but only sometimes.

They do listen, a lot, the trouble is there is a lot of static to wade through. Some members of the community have unrealistic ideas both for the games future and concerning current balance, while others cannot see the value of abilities even when spelled out for them. It does not matter how many folks they (DE) have pouring through the forums, there are mixed messages at every turn.

At best, all they can do is keep an eye on those threads which garner a large number of votes, as they are clearly the ones folks feel most passionately about.

*EDIT*

never mind blessing looks like it going to work different than I thought I understood.

It may be ok after all.  If you can get to 100% mitigation it may not be for long.

Edited by Wahooo

The ability link has a damage reduction of 75% at max rank, and with the new blessing, when someone goes down by 25%, and a Trinity blesses, she gains 25% damage reduction, stacking with 75%.

Now we're back to square one, spinning around in circles with the Stug on T3 Defence and nuking everything.

I really hope they don't stack, because it will not solve anything.  

Probably not stackable, like Corrosive Projection Aura.

You get 25% damage reduction, and then 75%, not 25+75... so no invincibility.

Question is in what order does it apply. If Link comes first you get much more reduction than if it came after. Unless the Blessing reduction is bigger than 75, being smaller Link reducing damage first nets you much more damage reduction.

She was always meant to be a support class.  She was the best DPS tank in the game and in a very broken way. 

That needed to be changed, but there needs to be a complete overhaul because the way it is changed is not going to work.  I"m not even thinking about it as a go down to 25% health and cast link and blessing again.  Just that blessing is not going to work.  It will either be wasted to save one person while not being helpful to the rest of the team, or just not useful enough to bother with at higher levels. 

They changed it again today, now it the damage reduction is for the whole team, based on whoever was healed the most. If your team mate goes down to 10% health, once Blessing is cast, all the team gets 90% damage reduction, doesnt matter if they have 100% health.

They do listen, a lot, the trouble is there is a lot of static to wade through. Some members of the community have unrealistic ideas both for the games future and concerning current balance, while others cannot see the value of abilities even when spelled out for them. It does not matter how many folks they (DE) have pouring through the forums, there are mixed messages at every turn.

At best, all they can do is keep an eye on those threads which garner a large number of votes, as they are clearly the ones folks feel most passionately about.

the problem can result in what we saw with frost tho, he got a "fair play" rework to snowglobe, yet snowglobe now is useful in low lvl crap where you dont really need it, and to make it efficient/good for high level you basically have to remove all your other abilitys and reforma many times just to buff and suit snowglobe alone.  trying to use all your abilitys and making snowglobe effective for high lvls is just plain impossible.

this is probably what many wish to avoid, pidgeon holing a "balanced" warframe into a severely limited setup or flat out making near 3/4 of its abilitys a liability when compared to its 1-2 useful one(s).

the "clarified/changed/mk2" trinity blessing change doesnt seem that bad, their original wording/mechanics did look bad, this new one seems ok, and our setups dont need to change, the only change is when we click 4 instead of mashing it non-stop without a care in the world.

They changed it again today, now it the damage reduction is for the whole team, based on whoever was healed the most. If your team mate goes down to 10% health, once Blessing is cast, all the team gets 90% damage reduction, doesnt matter if they have 100% health.

Yeah, i'm seeing this now.  It fixes a lot of the concern I had.  Still not 100% sold but a lot better than the first description.

Makes sense

the problem can result in what we saw with frost tho, he got a "fair play" rework to snowglobe, yet snowglobe now is useful in low lvl crap where you dont really need it, and to make it efficient/good for high level you basically have to remove all your other abilitys and reforma many times just to buff and suit snowglobe alone.  trying to use all your abilitys and making snowglobe effective for high lvls is just plain impossible.

this is probably what many wish to avoid, pidgeon holing a "balanced" warframe into a severely limited setup or flat out making near 3/4 of its abilitys a liability when compared to its 1-2 useful one(s).

the "clarified/changed/mk2" trinity blessing change doesnt seem that bad, their original wording/mechanics did look bad, this new one seems ok, and our setups dont need to change, the only change is when we click 4 instead of mashing it non-stop without a care in the world.

And as its damage reduction, you can still go down, so there is no god mode. If your health drops down again with the damage reduction, and Blessing is still up, you have to wait for it to end so Trinity can use it again, meaning now you can die, no god mode, and more tactical.

It doesnt kill gameplay, and still makes Trinity highly useful for high level enemies, making the game enjoyable, instead of "SEE THAT NAPALM? HE CANT HURT ME, SO I DONT HAVE TO TAKE CARE".

And as its damage reduction, you can still go down, so there is no god mode. If your health drops down again with the damage reduction, and Blessing is still up, you have to wait for it to end so Trinity can use it again, meaning now you can die, no god mode, and more tactical.

It doesnt kill gameplay, and still makes Trinity highly useful for high level enemies, making the game enjoyable, instead of "SEE THAT NAPALM? HE CANT HURT ME, SO I DONT HAVE TO TAKE CARE".

yup i personally got no issues with the 2nd/modified changes to trinity, just saying why ppl will often be of conflicted opinion when 1 ability wonder frames get "balanced" like frost and now trinity.

No, in it's original guise snowglobe was grossly overpowered, now it is better balanced, and it is quite correct that other areas of a frames build have to be sacrificed in order to boost a specific ability. Just becasue you were happy with an overpowered ability as it was, does it mean that the ability as it was, was in the best place to serve the long term interests of the game.

Your above post is a typical example of the static the devs have to wade through every day.

No, in it's original guise snowglobe was grossly overpowered, now it is better balanced, and it is quite correct that other areas of a frames build have to be sacrificed in order to boost a specific ability. Just becasue you were happy with an overpowered ability as it was, does it mean that the ability as it was, was in the best place to serve the long term interests of the game.

Your above post is a typical example of the static the devs have to wade through every day.

Its part of mini-maxing, you have to gimp yourself of certain powers, to boost others.

If you want all powers, you cant be 100% maxed out on all of them, if you let go of 1-3, you can max out the other(s).

actually i wasnt happy with it back then, esp being stuck inside the damned thing for all of eternity, the only good thing was the inclusion of the ability timer imho, now yeah its "balanced" but its still grossly overpowered for low lvl content and near useless for high lvl content and your again still stuck inside it because now it can break early before the timer expires.