The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Armour Pieces Feedback Megathread

chaosking243

the armours are made for .. a quadrupedal ... non armoured ... pet ? -cough cough-

the fact that you can equip it on a tenno is a bonus i think. the knee anchors will prolly be fixed, and we could have a scale factor on pieces. and perhaps frames will be cut in pieces and have swappable parts in a very distant future :)

for now. you bought kubrow armour mates. be happy

I will agree that the "armor" pieces are too small to be actual armor. Perhaps we can keep the current ones and have some new, more armored versions of the same styles? I'd like to see the current ones kept as a sort of "cloth" feel for casters, with "medium" and/or "heavy" variants made as well.

Strictly as outfit decorations though, I really like the EOS armor (links to Steam, because I'm too newb to get previews to work right, trust me, I've tried):

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/598162745532577879/BAF9E934CCF1F2DA9997851962ED89A531D372D3/

I really like how they look with my Nyx, I feel like they added that missing je ne sais quoi that I've been looking for.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/598162745532584597/3E6096576494EC5CCC186888873B014B17DA1511/

I also like how the side pieces look on my Mag Prime. Not a fan of the new super tiny shoulder pieces for her, but I like the EOS replacements a lot.

So, at least for these two warframes, I am pleased with the EOS set. Thanks, devs! :) (also pleased with the separate accessory colour picker :) )

The daedelus set looks really nice for the thicker male frames. My only suggestion would be to make them slightly larger and sink the chest piece in a bit on the model, so it doesn't look like its just connected on the outside.

Other than that, I really love Loki with swindle helmet and daedelus set looking like an Honor Guard elite from Halo 2.

I think the armor is awesome, at least the Daedalus set is. And it makes my Excaliber alot more intimidating. The armor blends in smoothly with the colors and that's another cool thing, the armor can be colored seperately from your frames main color scheme so with the right colors, the armor blends in without standing out unless you want it too.
4sb1c7.png

Edited by __Kanade__

Some of the parts are too tiny for some frames. For instance on Hydroid, the chest pieces of both sets seem too small.

The shoulder pieces should also be a bit bigger too on Hydroid and other frames, just a quick re-scale with 2-3 points. The Eos chest is much smaller than expected - perhaps revisit the size and do an overall re-scale for certain frames.

We will get those sizes reviewed shortly.  I don't expect we'll be doing anything radical on these sets, but they can be tweaked.  

The chest piece is particularly difficult.  The frames vary a lot there and it is the root of motion -- so a lot of animations go right through the air space that we'd want to have armor.  We've got some stuff on the drawing board that'll give you more of what you're looking for in that slot, but that is a fair ways off as design thru creation thru implementation tends to be a long process.  

Personally, when I saw the armors I assume'd they'd be huge pieces of steel badassness. Quite sad when I saw that the ESO set is composed of a ankle bracelet and stop punching me stoppers on the shoulders.

What I thought we'd get:

ocrfemail-22.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERS

What we got: 

armor1.jpg

Doesn't look very appealing tbh, even more so when one take into account of the Cost. 

The pieces themselves are barely noticeable except the Shoulder parts.

They just seem out of place on almost all Warframes

The idea of attaching external armor pieces to whole entities like Warframse seems awkwardly superfluous and as mentioned, out of place. 

The armor Cosmetics should sport a more "Natural" look while distinguishing the new look clearly from the default

The additions should be appear as if they're an essential design to the look of the Warframes, not like some plastic accessory glued on 

Edited by ExplodingStars

I love them they look great on most warframes especially Daedalus on Rhino prime but if you are going to change sizes make it customizable because I bought the armor based on how it looks currently I might not have if it was smaller or larger

Edited by PixalatedVortex

I totally fail to see where the eos leg armor is going, it's a weird hook coming out of the ankle, to m mind it's not something i would like to have attached on my feet when i'm supposed to be fast and slide around, it would just hook itself into anything nearby XD

^ This.

Edited by Cryp2Nite

We will get those sizes reviewed shortly.  I don't expect we'll be doing anything radical on these sets, but they can be tweaked.  

The chest piece is particularly difficult.  The frames vary a lot there and it is the root of motion -- so a lot of animations go right through the air space that we'd want to have armor.  We've got some stuff on the drawing board that'll give you more of what you're looking for in that slot, but that is a fair ways off as design thru creation thru implementation tends to be a long process.  

Understandable, I had a hunch it was something about the animations being the issue (unwanted clipping) - I look forward to more of these tweaks and new armors styles. Thanks for your reply Kary.

Edited by ViLeDeth

People say that the armors are "barely recognizable", and I can somewhat understand where they're coming from. Afterall, Immortal Skins and Syandanas are highly visible additions.

However, customization shouldn't be all about the highly visible, but sometimes additions that change the silhouette of the frame without being garish about it. I personally think the armors are the right size as they are, accenting the Warframe's lines rather than outright changing it. I personally find the armors look better on frames that have somewhat bare silhouettes, like Nyx or Valkyr:

JnfyjeOl.jpg

I do think the Daedalus set needs to have textures similar to the Eos though, as is it looks somewhat rough and grainy at points, which contrasts with the texture of the majority of Warframes. Also, the reason that there seem to be armors that don't look as good on other warframes at the moment is because there are only two sets currently. Quite sure that future add-ons would have styles that would look great on different warframes.

Finally, "Knee" plates should be "Ankle" plates, seeing as they're as far away from the knees as you can get.

Edited by LGear