The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Energy Vampire + Any Toggle Ability

vergol

Question

15 answers to this question

I was trying to find someone to test this with me. This sounds like a pretty powerful mechanic to abuse. Infinite Sound Quake, staggers for days.

you see, comments like this lead to nerfs... why must people abuse what they are given, it just ruins things, now its just going to cause this new buff to become nerfed...

you see, comments like this lead to nerfs... why must people abuse what they are given, it just ruins things, now its just going to cause this new buff to become nerfed...

It's beta we're supposed to theorycraft and break the game. It's better to talk about it publicly and have the game get fixed than have a few people exploit the game for unintended sillyness.

A fair amount of what people are talking about doesn't even work in practice anyways.

Edited by VegetableBasket

players cant be trusted to do the right thing even in a beta game... just sploit and abuse mechanics instead of reporting

see, why exploit something, instead report the broken aspect, yeah sure pull the beta card, its still no excuse, be the better gamer... just cause you can exploit or cheat the system doesn't mean you should...

the fact that people find an exploit and abuse the crap out of it, instead of reporting said exploit then leaving it be so it doesn't spread like the plague is what breaks the game... but people enjoy passing these exploits around so now these unbalance the player curve...

ive been beta testing before, sure it was long ago, things may have changed. but until they reset said beta, all the exploiters out there are breaking the balance between players, and honestly until they exercise their right to reset all of us, it will continue to be unbalanced.

If there is an exploit, it needs to be fixed/nerfed. It is my job as a beta tester to find all the bugs, exploits, etc and report them to DE. 

People *@##$ing about fun and trying to pull the moral card need to leave, as they clearly don't know what it is that we're supposed to be doing here. 

No, I can't just report the issue and leave it at that. I have to first confirm that the theorized exploit is actually possible.

Please explain how abusing an exploit of this kind is breaking the game. Until DE says otherwise, we should be assuming that this is working as intended. There is no system that is being cheated.

Unless you bring two Trinities I don't think you are going to be able to feed in enough energy.

Why would you need two trinities? Absorb takes ~5 energy per second, and Sound Quake takes ~10 energy per second. One Trinity spamming EV should be more than enough.

My old Battery build was restoring 57 energy per second.

With the EV buff, presumably I can cast it on something, shoot it, and then repeat, meaning if I cast it on something about to die (basically any mob my teammates are gonna shoot) I can restore the full 228 energy as fast as I can cast?

Seems stupid OP. The Blessing change was enough to encourage low duration builds, meaning it was already a buff to EV. The EV change breaks the whole WoL+EV combo too as you want enemies to die sooner after tagging them with EV.

Edit: Throw on NT and I can probably get the EV cast to under a second. What could you do with ~250 energy per second?

Edited by Darzk

Edit: Throw on NT and I can probably get the EV cast to under a second. What could you do with ~250 energy per second?

I was using it to fuel a QT+R+Blessing combo earlier, it worked surprisingly well but was a bit cumbersome since I had to stop what I was doing every few seconds to make sure my energy reserves were at max and to let the enemies chew at my ankles so that I was back down to 2 health.