Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Toggles...t_T

emaralez87

so Sound Quake, Absorb and Undertow now are toggleable.

this is cute idea, I was waiting for real wub-wubbing by Banshee, but realisation now just not fair.

1) Undertow "eats" energy not so fast as Sound Quake & Absorb (?)

2) mods not affecting on ability's speed of "eating" energy

3) while casting first you use necessary amount of energy for casting, then you lose you energy per seconds of use

what I think would be fair:

1) mods should affect on speed of "eating"

2) energy shoul be reducing only per seconds - casting should not "eat" energy, this should be just minimal amount of energy for readiness of ability

or

3) mods should affect to necessary amount of energy for casting and drain speed too (but do not cause OP) 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/232063-togglest-t/#entry2688422 

-Ramping energy costs.  
-Flat energy cost for X time then after that a per second cost. 

DE please hear me!

Edited by emaralez87

The only part I disagree is about removing activation cost. It's only a meager 25, and can be reduced to 7 with 75% energy efficiency.

So it will cost you only 25-7 energy with Nyx to do a radial knockdown that gives you invincibility frames. Absorb is already spammable; there are absolutely no issues with the activation cost.

Now, efficiency should affect the drain, and a fix needs to be done about that.

Edited by Casardis

The only part I disagree is about removing activation cost. It's only a meager 25, and can be reduced to 7 with 75% energy efficiency.

So it will cost you only 25-7 energy with Nyx to do a radial knockdown that gives you invincibility frames. Absorb is already spammable; there are absolutely no issues with the activation cost.

Now, efficiency should affect the drain, and a fix needs to be done about that.

hm, if mods will afect not only on cost of necessary energy, but on drain too - I'm agree with you

@emaralez87
The only issue with this is that they would have to go one of two routes:
1) limit the efficiency cap for the per-second drain more than normal abilities (meaning less than 75% efficiency cap)
2) increase the unmodded energy cost per second of the drain.

Reason I bring this up is that I used absorb.
At 450 energy I was able to keep it running for 62 seconds with 3 E-siphons going.
That means 7.25 energy per second roughly, or without the 3 E-siphons about 9.05.

If you could reduce that by 75% you're down to 2.26 energy drain per second without E-siphons taken into account.

4 e-siphons would mean that you are gaining energy while you use it and are invincible as well.

That would be kinda OP.

EDIT:
Unless they made e-siphon not work while you had the abilities going so you couldn't regen energy.  They would also need to make energy restore pods not affect you either.
Still, at 2.26 energy per second that would mean you get over 3 minutes of absorb invincibility if you sit on a pod, for 3 minutes of afking and having the pod immune to damage...
So they would still need to do something like the above.

Edited by Tsukinoki

@emaralez87

The only issue with this is that they would have to go one of two routes:

1) limit the efficiency cap for the per-second drain more than normal abilities (meaning less than 75% efficiency cap)

2) increase the unmodded energy cost per second of the drain.

Reason I bring this up is that I used absorb.

At 450 energy I was able to keep it running for 62 seconds with 3 E-siphons going.

That means 7.25 energy per second roughly, or without the 3 E-siphons about 9.05.

If you could reduce that by 75% you're down to 2.26 energy drain per second without E-siphons taken into account.

4 e-siphons would mean that you are gaining energy while you use it and are invincible as well.

That would be kinda OP.

EDIT:

Unless they made e-siphon not work while you had the abilities going so you couldn't regen energy.  They would also need to make energy restore pods not affect you either.

Still, at 2.26 energy per second that would mean you get over 3 minutes of absorb invincibility if you sit on a pod, for 3 minutes of afking and having the pod immune to damage...

So they would still need to do something like the above.

wow, you were count all this numbers - my respect to you.

but we are all agree what this mess should be fixed, right?

@emaralez87
I do think that there needs to be something done.  But just applying efficiency mods to the cost per second would render the skill OP and broken as hell for a full party.

A few solutions would be (and these are all assuming that E-siphon/energy restores wont work on you while you're using the abilities):
NOTE: All numbers are for illustration do not take seriously.
-Ramping energy costs.  The cost starts low but ramps up as time goes on.  Example would be energy costs say 2 a second for the first 5 seconds, then 3 for the X seconds and so and so forth getting more and more expensive the longer you use it.
They could then make duration mods delay this ramp up for positive duration, or increase the ramp up speed for negative duration.  Efficiency would still only affect the initial cost to use.
Alternatively they could make the cost per second quite a bit higher and have both duration + efficiency affect it.

-Flat energy cost for X time then after that a per second cost.  Initial cost affected by efficiency, initial time by duration.
Example would be absorb costs 50 energy for 10 seconds.  For those 10 seconds it wouldn't drain any energy what-so-ever and you could cancel at any time.
After that initial time is up it would cost X energy per second to maintain it and you could still end it at any time.
Depending on the energy cost per second they could also make the efficiency affect the per second energy cost 

-Combine those two ideas.

-Ramping energy costs.  

-Flat energy cost for X time then after that a per second cost. 

-Combine those two ideas.

I like this both ideas. thought to combine them will be too... ehm.. complicate %) but I love them both equally :)