Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Passive Skills

IfritKajiTora

It could be awesome to have passive mod skills.
When your warframe have any passive skill mod the new icon of this skill is near the skill bar.

Example:
Quick thinking will be a mod as a passive skill, its automaticly work after your health is set to 0 and after that you need to wait 1 minute to quick thinking revive your health. If not then you will just be dead.

New mod
-When our stamina is set to 0 this skill is starting to work. Infinite stamina for 15 seconds. Cooldown 1 minute

-explosion of rage. When your health is drop to 30% you get a fury which push back all enemies around 15 meters radius. Cooldown 1 minute 30 seconds

These are just examples

Edited by IfritKajiTora

I want Warframes to have their own unique passive abilities. Please, no more mods. :(

Yeah it could be too cool to all warframes have their own 2 passive skills.

Frost:

When frost fall over he automaticly freeze all enemies for 3 seconds in 5 meters radius. Cooldown 2 minutes

Frost have 50% dmg reduction to all ice effects and element.

Rhino:

When his health will drop to 30% he automaticly push back all enemies near 10 meters radius cooldown 2 minutes

When Rhino shield will drop to 0, his armor will rise 3x for 15 seconds. cooldown 1 minute

just another examples

Edited by IfritKajiTora

Pretty sure the Focus system that DE have mentioned a few times as an upcoming system will include passive skills, as well as active ones.

Not really. As described, focus will be a once-per-mission activation of a super mode with a duration, where you pick the effects. I suppose the effects could be passive skills, but that isn't quite what's being requested here.

Not really. As described, focus will be a once-per-mission activation of a super mode with a duration, where you pick the effects. I suppose the effects could be passive skills, but that isn't quite what's being requested here.

Actually, last we heard, the timer was mission-independent. Regardless, it's been described in a number of ways, and if it doesn't offer any "passive skill"-type benefits outside of "demon mode", I will eat my Pendragon Helmet, honestly.

The issue with passive mod skills is that we have so few mod slots. Which means that a lot of the potentially interesting mod-based passives get excluded because they don't offer actual power. I've got tons of mod passives I'd like to slot, but just can't justify. So adding to those seems fairly pointless (unless they're so power that they can't be ignored - in which case we'll probably seem more power-less builds relying on weapons or innate frame characteristics such as the high base armour of Valkyr), which means that frame-based or other passives could have a real role (adding more mod slots wouldn't solve the problem in many cases, it'd just make some builds even more powerful!). Certainly DE has been getting a little bit more experimental in terms of innate frame characteristics.

No, last we heard, people didn't like the idea of it being mission-independent, and pointed out how that was pointless, so they said it would be once a mission, or possibly one with a mission-dependent delay, they weren't sure which was better.