The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Trinity Blessing Nerf

kirean3464

Ok I have been playing warframe for a very long time and never felt the need to post on this thing but after spending

the end of a few breaks at work reading most the posts for and against this nerf id like to do something that

I have yet to see anyone do especially that guy that used the extreme invincible o2 spawning healing gun thing to justify his point. I would like to apply a little logic to this debate. ok I am just speaking for myself but personally I like to do high wave runs, and its not because im grinding a farm or anything like that I have huge stockpiles of almost all materials and pretty much use up any new content that's put in I like it because I have tailored my trinity to hold a team up at that level.

now I either don't go that high any more or I have to get on quick thinking juggle unicorns while blasting myself in the foot to pull off the same effect. this to me takes out the entire point of having a trinity while I agree lots of other frames can do the same thing and yes I use a lot of other frames to do the same thing I love my trinity because its the first frame I built and now she doesn't have a point for me any more. so my point is when does a trinity become viable in a fight that's at level whatever you want enemy's that are doing one shots to your entire team while you flail into bullet sponges anything outside that another frame will do just as good if not better. and the silly argument of "your not supposed to go that high in def/surv"

I simply say this the solution is to take the option away from us or make us jump through hoops to pull it off? trinity would need a nerf if this game was pvp orientated my point when rage used to trigger off your orgis damage and you went tear farming for a bit instead of control module farming. but as it currently stands she was only viable in crazy high wave defense or survival and you still have the option to leave at whatever wave you want. and for the argument of "trinity just stands there and spams blessing and shoots herself in the foot" well firstly link is the closest thing to a offensive ability she has but say what you want about that that's not game changing and again anyone that chooses to stay in a survival that long isn't screaming omg noooooo I have a few seconds to run around before I get nuked. so I would say the content and enemy's need to be worked on but until that's done the point of a trinity has just been made obsolete. well have fun nuking this but my aura helmet goes off to one person that gives me a valid argument preferably without childish insults and pictures.

cool the post is up like what 20 seconds and already 3 and a possible 4th reply with nothing to add but insults got to love the community on this thing. ill give it a little more time to see if some players show up to reply.

cool the post is up like what 20 seconds and already 3 and a possible 4th reply with nothing to add but insults got to love the community on this thing. ill give it a little more time to see if some players show up to reply.

Why do you think there wouldn´t be any insults?

You just want some attention otherwise you wouldn´t make the ~ 1000. thread about this and post in an already existing one.

That's generally the response to the 20th thread with the same argument.

I rather like the changes to Trinity. I think the invulnerability helped foster less than optimal behaviors and tactics personally. So many people I see standing in the open aiming down sights while they get shot up by Grineer or charging headlong into a grineer group without at least going in with a parry or slide attack. I'm not expecting everyone to play the same way I do but for a game that is built around mobility and special powers that can kill and disable I sure don't see a lot of it.

Edited by CanonessDeTylmarande

First off, I did read the whole thing, but a little thought on formatting would really help your point.  Anyways it's part of ongoing balancing changes, it's actually better off that they take this route as opposed to the opposite.

To simply put it, DE has stated that the extreme high waves aren't what are the focus when it comes to balance, which means that we'll slowly but surely lose our capabilities to get there easily.  They're chipping away at the defensive side of the scale before whittling away at the offensive side, hence the changes to Bastille, Snowglobe, and now Blessing.  The offensive side of our current "overpoweredness" is drastically broader in spectrum, and thusly far, far more difficult to fix.  With this current trend, they'll be able to make surviving into oblivion much more difficult, meaning people won't see that level's existence as often, and thusly as our damaging capabilities are tweaked we won't feel as drastically different.

In the long run, should all the balancing go well, higher level "normal game" content will be difficult, or so we should hope.  Generally speaking, lasting to the point where Blessing is "necessary" is just blatantly irresponsible and flies in the face of proper game design and balancing.  It was a poorly designed skill that is finally being fixed.

Although i agree in some of your points, i clearly disagree with the fact that Trinity is now useless.

Please, before taking me on the wrong side of the picture, i've played Ash since i've built it. Ash has nearly to 0 team work, and almost none "usefullness" in any defense/survival. Yet, he is not useless. Therefore, it is not because of 1 nerf, how bad or strong it might be, that would put Trinity in the closet.

The problem is, that most Trinity Users, got used to spamming Blessing and Link or whatever the skills are, and whatch everyone dies while they were untoucheable.

Mini-God_Mode.V2

It allowed BAD PLAYERS (please note, i'm not calling you bad player or something, just using the expression for it's full content for the post), to reach high level defense/survival with low to no effort.

And now, just because you have to play a bit more to "normal frame side", she is in the closet? Nop. Just harder and skill-required to play.

Edited by Endrance

Oh. This thread again. Tell you what; the nerf is done, simple invulnerability is no longer possible but can be managed now but with a little effort, and since this is beta (yeah, yeah, I know) the change is likely not to be permanent. Just don't bank on your one-button god mode again.

You're welcome.

Endgame needs to be changed just as much as trinity did, same goes with nova. give it time and i assure you, you and other trinity players will find another way to make her overpowered. As for endgame i feel it shouldnt be just defense or survival that goes to 1000 waves or 7 hours, it should be somthing like a raid from a big MMO game (WoW for example) like a big boss thats very difficult to defeat but drops a blueprint for lets say a great weapon, plus im sure that would be more fun than sitting there spamming your blessing and shooting yourself in the foot. Maybe if the game has gone that easy, why not try and make a new account, start fresh and see how the new players feel.

If you expect people to actually bother reading your post, do them the common courtesy of writing properly.

Also, Trinity Q.Q threads look really stupid given that you can still get infinite invulnerability with her.

Edited by Aggh

If it's anything to you I read it

And what you are saying is basically the same as most people whenever something gets nerfed "X got nerfed so I'm not going to use it anymore. They are useless. "

Energy vampire is now a very good ability as it allows for better energy gain for the team. Link is still link.

Blessing needed to be toned down because you would basically carry a tram.. you were mandatory for one job when trinity is not just healing but general rejuvenation.

I still feel that blessing has a ways to go before it is in a very viable stage and I'll agree with how enemies scales and content like end game needs to provided and not just endless fighting.

But considering thst energy vampire can give you more energy that energy Siphon or a energy totem I can say she is far from useless. You can still heal your allies you just can't make them immortal.

I feel a flat time for immunity would have been better but De has different plans.

I'm not sure i understand this post. Are you saying you don't like the nerf to Trinity's Blessing?
It could have been worse, they would have had taken out Blessing's invulnerability without putting the damage reduction replacement to it. 

Besides, Trinity also got a buff on Energy Vampire. She's now a walking mana battery if you build it right. 
She can literally keep every frame in the team maxxed out with endless supply of energy. People can actually bring a different Aura Mod instead of having Energy Siphon with her around. 

Ok I have been playing warframe for a very long time and never felt the need to post on this thing but after spending

the end of a few breaks at work reading most the posts for and against this nerf id like to do something that

I have yet to see anyone do especially that guy that used the extreme invincible o2 spawning healing gun thing to justify his point. I would like to apply a little logic to this debate. ok I am just speaking for myself but personally I like to do high wave runs, and its not because im grinding a farm or anything like that I have huge stockpiles of almost all materials and pretty much use up any new content that's put in I like it because I have tailored my trinity to hold a team up at that level.

now I either don't go that high any more or I have to get on quick thinking juggle unicorns while blasting myself in the foot to pull off the same effect. this to me takes out the entire point of having a trinity while I agree lots of other frames can do the same thing and yes I use a lot of other frames to do the same thing I love my trinity because its the first frame I built and now she doesn't have a point for me any more. so my point is when does a trinity become viable in a fight that's at level whatever you want enemy's that are doing one shots to your entire team while you flail into bullet sponges anything outside that another frame will do just as good if not better. and the silly argument of "your not supposed to go that high in def/surv"

I simply say this the solution is to take the option away from us or make us jump through hoops to pull it off? trinity would need a nerf if this game was pvp orientated my point when rage used to trigger off your orgis damage and you went tear farming for a bit instead of control module farming. but as it currently stands she was only viable in crazy high wave defense or survival and you still have the option to leave at whatever wave you want. and for the argument of "trinity just stands there and spams blessing and shoots herself in the foot" well firstly link is the closest thing to a offensive ability she has but say what you want about that that's not game changing and again anyone that chooses to stay in a survival that long isn't screaming omg noooooo I have a few seconds to run around before I get nuked. so I would say the content and enemy's need to be worked on but until that's done the point of a trinity has just been made obsolete. well have fun nuking this but my aura helmet goes off to one person that gives me a valid argument preferably without childish insults and pictures.

My eyes hurt just looking at this! wuuuht

Well you made the arguement yourself. "You're not supposed to go that high" you may find it to be a silly arguement but it is the one the devs have used to justify this action. Ultimately it is they who decide what the game should be balanced around. To balance around extremely long survival missions would completely trivialize the content that comes before it, you know the other 99% of the game that people tend to ignore. The same "end game" exists as it always has it just arrives sooner now, and rather than going on and on until you have no more ammo (also having experienced 0 challenge the entire 2 hours or whatever) you edge up to just before you have no hope of making it out or you try to escape with enemies that you cannot kill and can 1 shot you on your tail. I find the changes this brings to the survival missions to be both refreshing and exhilarating. There are already a good many people reporting they are still doing long survival missions with trinity as the devs intended without exploiting explosive weapons and saying its more challenging and more fun than it used to be. Naturally not everyone will agree but ultimately DE has decided those people are wrong and that is their prerogative as the designers. While I do agree an AI rework would be nice I don't view it as necessary nor would it have reduced the need for a blessing nerf, it doesn't matter how smart the enemy is or how well they work together if you can't be touched you can't be touched.

I don't anticipate I will be winning the coveted helmet as your post seems to make it quite clear that you have made up your mind about the subject, but there is no harm in attempting to show another side to the arguement.

The desires of a single player or even a 90% are not and should never be paramount when it comes to the development process if it conflicts with the developers vision. I did not support DE in order to play your game, I didn't even do it to play mine, I did it so they could make theirs. Thus far I have not been dissapointed and I am inclined to believe they know more about what they are doing than I do. It is not ours to decide, but only to adapt or die.

I sincerely hope that last part didn't come off as too harsh.

Edited by NevanChambers

Having an ability that fully heals your team and the potential to provide 20s+ of invincibility is a broken mechanic. Granting Invincibility to your entire team for that long is bad no matter how you look at it. 

If enemies are 1 shotting you then go to extraction. Getting to higher/longer def/surv should be challenging and is now currently slightly more challenging due to the removal of team invincibility.

Trinity is meant to be a support frame which is why she lacks offensive abilities.

Edited by MrJxt

Well when you want to start a argument you need to be organized, that is some basic manner or else people won't take you seriously.

ton of replys most were random insult durrrr to many words trinity baaaaaaaaaaaaddddddddddd good nerf. But for the people that attempted to address the point thank you but im afraid you missed it. im not saying trinity needs to be thrown away im not saying trinity is bad im saying trinity is obsolete yes energy buff awesome link awesome but i believe i was addressing the blessing nerf she is a walking battery now but shes supposed to be a healer and frankly you don't need one until really high waves thus making taking any other decent aoe frame a better choice.

im not saying it cant be done im saying its a lot of extra pointless effort oh great i have to remod my frame then shoot myself in the foot to achieve what i was allready doing were partying now. and i wont use to many more words dont want any more omg wall of text comments but thats like taking frosts globe away and then screaming he is still good in defence you have just taken the context and point away from the frame. and again the "if the enemys are one shotting you extract comment" the original point is i like going really high wave with all my frames and its not fun when the point is taking away from it god mode isnt god mode when one slip up gets your team killed before that its not nessary or needed.