Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Ability Changes: Nova

[DE]Rebecca

I find the changes to be satisfactory at the moment, though of course only actual gameplay will show how these will work.

The one thing I do like about the changes is the range nerf. Molecular Prime as an ability may do a lot of stuff like slowing down enemies and making entire groups explode, but that's not really what I found to be overpowered about it. It's the range of her ability that makes Molecular Prime overpowered in my experience. If I were on Kappa farming for Oxium using say, an Oberon, Reckoning will deal massive damage, but it only covers the actual defense room itself. Molecular Prime though? It will cover the adjacent rooms as well. Does make for easier Oxium farming, but it's clear that Molecular Prime is above and beyond many other ultimate powers in terms of effectiveness. Bringing MP's radius inline with all the other Ultimates is a good step.

I also do feel that Molecular Prime still does too many things at once for a power that costs 100 energy with such a large damage output potential and range, but from what I gather from the changes, it'll require at least slightly more active positioning and timing to use due to its radial outgrowth, instead of just covering everything within its radius outright. It's a change I can get behind: it doesn't really nerf the ability to the ground, yet it now requires a bit more thought to use instead of just "Press 4 To Win".

Well Hello, again :P its quite sometime since i post ... :D But lets start it the main problem  of giving CD to abilities is that  alot times we get the  Ability in use even though the cool down is already done and well can cause tons of problems... rhino nyx etc , BUT just  because im playing 99%  Nova ,i can understand the meaning behind the changes but we could use some test server or something to actually try it out and give feedback on it ? the ideas of them is nice and all but  cant really imagine how it will work out in action ,and nova other abilities could use some look too sadly the portal is not really  used by any  players ( im  trolling ppl with it :P sometimes maybe... :D ) but  what is the current range of the  MP ? because im using all range mods and well i can  cover about 2 rooms in void since 10 meter in the game is well kinda "big" then now i can cower 3 rooms ?or how will this turn out ? sorry im just curious

please DE since your allready nurfing my fav frame can you please at least give her a buff on armor its pretty bad.

even though i have 1200 armor on valkyr i lose hp/shield pretty fast so i don't think it matters :D sorry

Edited by WarHounDS

I am not sure about this... This seems to just make the ability more reliant on it's vertical progression levels. It does not address some of the outstanding issues with it outside of the explosion radius nerf. It does not make the ability any more skill-based at all, because the main reason it is such a noobfest and powerful ability is because in addition to doing heaps of damage it also pretty much disables enemies with the slow. If anything the slow should have been nerfed or removed, not the explosion radius or whatnot.

Honestly I don't see this fixing how $&*&*#(%&ly powerful MP is at all. It just makes it dominate in a few seconds instead of instantly and makes Fleeting Expertise less desirable.(which I am totally for)

It's probably a good idea to make changes in a way that you could answer "Would people still only spam MP?" with no.

Edited by A1CZERO

Oh this doesn't really hurt fleeting expertise builds really.   You never really needed 60 secs hell you didn't need 30 secs. You give a group 20 secs or so and that is more than enough. I mean if you have 2 people in your group with energy siphon you get 1.2 energy per sec. Your fleeting/steamline causes duration - 60% and the MPrime skill to be 25 energy per cast. Add in a Constitution and/or Continuity and you reduce the duration to roughly 20 secs. Which in that span you have gained 24 energy. Essentially it is a perma-cast skill still. 

So effectively, since the range nerf in on the blast radius and not prime radius. We lose effectively 7m ish on blast radius and 40 secs on duration. The duration sucks some but it isn't a terrible nerf.

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Nova/t_30_12041104033_1-3-10-2-7-10-4-4-5-5-8-2-6-1-5-7-2-5-8-10-5-13-9-3-55-6-5-93-0-3-95-5-3_93-4-6-6-7-9-1-7-4-11-95-7-55-11-2-6-5-6-13-7-8-14_39/en/1-0-13

Edited by Stonehenge17

800 h soon, i respect all points but is not normal . I have buy too many time plats for pleasure and for supported the devs too. But i know one thing, never ever i give u more money.

When i see the bugs. And wath DE do, nerf the frames lol : Frost, Triny, Nova and dont all remember since last year. Seriously thats bored me....

Ok it's game but It's like when you buy one car, and one day seller told you "hey guy, now you will drive with 3 wheels, and dunno but maybe the next  time we take you another".

in french we call this ( se foutre de la gueule des gens)

thank you for all !!!

Edited by Daturawar

I keep reading words like "lore" and "theme" while we are discussing this issue.  What lore are you speaking of?  Near as I can tell, we know as much about the lore of Warframe as most know about John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt, which is to say:  Someone else has his exact name and when he goes out, people are often shouting his name.

Let's not trivialize something as fundamentally important as gameplay mechanics and balance with something as mundane as "lore".  But if it's truly "lore" that is the hang-up for you, riddle me this:

Why does Ember take damage from Fire?

Why does Volt take damage from Arc Traps?

Why does "Colder then normal conditions" have any bearing on Frosts shields?

I don't find your argument of MPrime being fun to use, as an unreasonable stance, but it's the spamming of Molecular Prime in the situations you specified that has brought us here in the first place.  Make no mistake, this nerf is coming.  My contention?  Let it not be at the expense of late-game viability.

For me it's more the fun of using Nova I would personally bench Nova if they did away with the explosion, unless AD got a radius increase because AD is a high damage nuke, MP is a global hit all effect they sure two different purposes. I play usually between levels 1-50 where MP and Nova as a whole is useful due to her insane damage. I agree that the spamming of MP is a problem tbh my proposed nerf would be raise the energy cost of it to try and prevent the insane nerf, or even if it's damage actually scales with how much energy you use to cast it so if you cast i tfor 25 energy it is actually reduced in power, in addition to the mod reduction, whereas if you cast it for 100 it's 4x more powerful say. At it's core Nova is a damage dealing frame and I think a lot of people would be very upset to see her lose that capability especially when you're in the level 1-50 range where the damage is still a good reason to use it.

I don't think we can get rid of one or the other but I do believe there is a fair ground where it's dealing enough damage to be worth it but it doesn't have to kill everything just give high damage, perhaps dealing reduced damage the further from the cast site they are, while still keeping its debuf ability. For me I like the idea of having to mod and make sacrifices with Nova. If you want the high damage you can simply increase the damage at the cost of other things such as duration. If instead you want the debuf then you will build your nova differently.

As for the lore my though has always been just because you use an element does not mean you are immune to it. It means that parts of your warframe might be resistant to it, but other parts of you not so much ie volts hands might be resitant to the electricity, but the rest not so much and it is impractical/ impossible to make the whole frame resistant to that element for either material or cost reasons

I would like to know why your nerfing her. Is it because people complain about her being to strong which i dont think is bad at all i love mp and trinitys blessing. I mean your gonna have alot of peed off people complain more about the nerf then not. If your gonna do something to a frame make it loki i mean hes worse then nova how go invisible radial disarm then put your decoy out nd every enemy just walks over to it then you mow em down which is kinda just like mp cause everything just dies without you getting hurt. And what if you have already formad nova a certain way and after you nerf her the way you have her formad doesnt work with the way you now have to set her up cause if i already formad her 4 times and am going to have to forma her 4 more ill just bench her and never use her or Trinity. I dont like that your nerfing ne frames which you dont have to if you make enemies stronger.

I'm not sure what i feel about this because im not exactly sure how it works. 

Im on the nerf Nova bandwagon but at the same time i dont want her nerf'd beyond useability.

Like, i only want it that nova's cant run through a mission and mp every room, they should only be able to use it so often. But at the same time i want the same effect she has on high level enemies.

I think you should show us a video of several demonstrations of this change before it is implemented into the game.

I also wonder why you guys didnt ask us about the changes to the other warframes before implementing them, is Nova so special? I will answer that for you. Yes. Nova and Rhino, the beloved creations of DE. We know you guys love them more than the rest.

I mean, i like it that you asked, but please spread the love equally throughout your creations.

So let me get this straight...

MP will now be a ability, which expands from the area you casted it...

and expansion duration is affected by Power Duration... 

Making Fleeting Expertise useless, since based on DE logic its to ''balance'' out Energy costs vs utility...(''If you want to spam MP, there is a price to pay''

bitch-please-meme-generator-if-people-wo

No normal people used Null Star....i doubt this will change something, than being a Nerf-Hammer

Is it a tunnel vision to ''balance'' one ability or an ''idea of shifting power'' from MP so players would actually use other abilities??

Then don't use a maxed fleeting expertise? Or balance it with + power duration mods? Or hell, don't use Fleeting at all. Nova at max rank has 225 energy. Throw max Flow on her and that's 450. Without any efficiancy mods at all she can do 4 MPrimes and an AD. Or, perhaps, you can keep Fleeting, get that 75% reduction you so crave, and be a close range Mprime spammer. Different playstyles and whatnot.

But no, that's not what you want. You want to be able to do exactly what you can do right now: Nuke everything in the room for 25 energy, then continue to nuke everything in the next room for another 25 energy. Sorry bud, but that's the main reason why they changed it from Range to Duration - so people with Fleeting, i.e., people like you, won't be able to simply continue to nuke everything in sight for 25 energy. You're going to have to find another way to break the game and make it as easy as possible.

I'm not sure what i feel about this because im not exactly sure how it works. 

Im on the nerf Nova bandwagon but at the same time i dont want her nerf'd beyond useability.

Like, i only want it that nova's cant run through a mission and mp every room, they should only be able to use it so often. But at the same time i want the same effect she has on high level enemies.

I think you should show us a video of several demonstrations of this change before it is implemented into the game.

I also wonder why you guys didnt ask us about the changes to the other warframes before implementing them, is Nova so special? I will answer that for you. Yes. Nova and Rhino, the beloved creations of DE. We know you guys love them more than the rest.

I mean, i like it that you asked, but please spread the love equally throughout your creations.

The only real question is how long does it take for the Mprime debuff to spread outward until its max range. We don't know that part yet, but I doubt it'll take very long. It wouldn't matter anyway, because it's still serving its point: Protecting Nova close range while eventually "Priming" a large amount of enemies around her for execution. She's not being "nerfed into the ground". None of the frames that have been given revamps are broken - just people being spoiled little stubborn boogers. Rhino is still OP as hell; but not as much as he once was. Ember's more powerful than ever. Frost is still widely used and viable; even has scaling he didn't have before. Ash is even more powerful now and will be getting an even bigger ulti revamp soon. Banshee is suddenly one of the best CCers in the game. Trinity is more balanced, yet still retains some extreme healing/damage reduction abilities that keep her wanted for any high level mission. Nova's revamp will be just the same - a reduction on just how overwhelmingly powerful she is while keeping it all balanced and viable both early and late game.

And with each revamp and change for each warframe, they've made posts, threads, Livestream statements, and so on about them. Rhino had a few threads, Ember had her own gigantic feedback thread before and after her revamp, Frost had a thread just like this one, so did Trinity, Ash and Banshee was in that same thread as well.... So, not sure what you're talking about.

Edited by SoulEchelon

I am consistently amazed by how many people are knee-jerking their feet into their mouths in this thread.

To clarify:

THE DAMAGE DEALT BY MPRIME AND THE DOUBLE DAMAGE DEBUFF HAVE NOT BEEN AFFECTED AT ALL.

Nowhere in the change log did they mention any sort of change to the damage side of MPrime. All of the changes were to the ability's duration, how the explosions themselves work (radius and timing), and the abruptness with which the ability affected enemies (It now expands outward from Nova in a field, with the range of the field affected by duration.)

So what do these changes mean?

The focus of these changes, as I've come to interpret them, are meant to affect how jarring and abrupt MPrime was. It still does damage. In fact, it still does the exact same damage. But now it loses some of its tonal whiplash, no longer jerking players instantaneously out of a combat scenario. That's all.

To paraphrase even further: You can still nuke people just fine. It just takes a little longer, and doesn't hurt the natural flow of the combat as much.

If you saw the words "Nova change", and didn't do yourself the service of reading and fully understanding the listed changes, then I highly suggest you go do that now.

Seriously. It takes, like, 5 minutes.

Edited by TheThreadWeaver

so much QQ :3 

Your tears are delicious. 

"If you don't like a frame don't use it" 

heh, how about other players using them ? We are not all in active clans or solo players. 

What the QQ people like in this game is the way DE made it too damn easy. 

Let's enjoy it being more than a stupid "press 4 to win" game. 

"I will not give u money any moar" 

lel

It is a sad day indeed , the chain reaction on molecular prime already glitches if other frames skills are in use and now it's weaker too.

Is it going to have time to build with 4 Tenno firing like psycho squirrels protecting their nuts at wave 30+ of ODD , of course not , its going to detonate the second its cast.

Nova -- RIP -- You are now pointless ,  We will miss you.

Nyxploit and Trinity the fat assed bug shall have to take your place.

If you're using Novas M Prime for her damage and chain reaction then you're doing it wrong and you should delete her, good day!

Updated information:

Firstly, for those wondering 'what about the damage multiplier', it will still be present and the changes do not touch this.

Secondly, after some in-house testing the slow motion effect will have the following values:

- Slow-motion effect on enemies now scale with level (.9,.8,.75,.7 percent of normal speed) This is affected by Strength mods, but will have a cap on how slow you can make your enemies overall.

These changes will be going live in an near update on PC, and a future update for PS4. We'll be able to address immediate issues with hotfixes once this change is live on PC.

Updated information:

Firstly, for those wondering 'what about the damage multiplier', it will still be present and the changes do not touch this.

Secondly, after some in-house testing the slow motion effect will have the following values:

- Slow-motion effect on enemies now scale with level (.9,.8,.75,.7 percent of normal speed) This is affected by Strength mods, but will have a cap on how slow you can make your enemies overall.

These changes will be going live in an near update on PC, and a future update for PS4. We'll be able to address immediate issues with hotfixes once this change is live on PC.

update today?